D&D 5E In defense of my post....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave2008

Legend
Well after reading the comments
To add to what was already said...

(I think Charlaquin and Grimslade did a great job explaining most of it)

When you are making something Lovecraft related, some sensitivity is extra important. Chaosium has been really quite good at addressing the more problematic side of Lovecraft's legacy (the outright racism). The elephant in the room, if you will.

So when a creator shows such a disregard and lack of understanding for topics that may be sensitive, that seems like a bad match with anything relating to Lovecraft to me.
Yep, and having a colorized picture of HPL as one of the "creators" is an odd choice. Even if I really liked the product (which I am mixed about), I couldn't back a project knowing what I now know about the poster.

Bolares

Hero
Yeah same here and even if it was the most glorious must-have materials I've ever seen you wouldn't get a penny from me now.

EDIT TO ADD:
Not only that, but your perspective on what D&D is and is not in these modern times is very askew of my perspective.
I won't support someone who makes comments like
and

You're either outdated or a troll, either way not worthy of my backing.
Yikes. That kind of behaviour is never gonna get my money

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can't put the D&D logo on your book or make it looks like it's made by WotC.

dnd.jpg

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Without your support, this wonderful Kickstarter just dies.

I thought the community came together to support each other.

It looks like I was wrong....
I'm absolutely not going to support this campaign because of the manipulative title and call to action.

However, the TTRPG communities are very active and tend to support alot of projects. That doesn't mean we support any project that's put up on Kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads