In one sentence...

howandwhy99

Adventurer
A constructive world generation system which results in descriptions more poetic than prosaic thereby opening up that kind of verbal composition as a part of the player game too.

A

amerigoV

I would like the system to have nice incentives (or penalties for not) for PC to purchase stuff other than adventuring gear (a house, for example).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I wish systems had a way to simulate the 'give up at gun point' instead of calculating that the gun/bow only does 1 hit and it takes multi hits to drop them...

... combined with a way to knock people out like in the old crime noir movies so that I could play a Garrett P.I. game.

Dungeoneer

First Post
... describe what you wish an RPG did for you which no RPG currently does to your satisfaction. You get to name just one thing, one sentence.

Difficulty: you cannot name or reference an existing RPG. It's not the "I like the way X handles Z" promotional thread, it's the "I wish Z was handled better, but I haven't seen it yet" thread.
I wish there was a game with a more interesting system of magic. I'd like to see something where magic follows certain consistent rules, which in turns mean you could customize spells on the fly. I don't want to cast fireball by saying "I cast fireball," I want to combine spell elements to create a sphere of fire which is hurled at target X.

ETA: It's possible that there is a game that does this! My knowledge of RPGs is far from comprehensive.

steenan

Adventurer
Give me a game where combat is highly tactical and balanced, but does not involve much math. Bonus points if a major conflict may be resolved in 30min.

Give me a game where belief dynamics of big groups of people (political preferences, religions, advertising) are modelled by solid mechanics.

Give me a fantasy or sci-fi game that uses other "races"/species to help explore humanity, instead of treating humans as a boring, "flexible" default.

I would like to see a game that handles damage in combat realistically. A person can be killed just as easily by a knife as by a sword, for example - the distance between the two people is what makes the difference. Bigger, heavier, longer, etc. only give a weapon an edge if you are standing a certain distance from the other character.

Janx

Hero
I want a game where monsters/NPCs can be defined in 2-3 lines of space so I can run them without looking stuff up or needing more notes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases