• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the Dragon's Lair.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
If the situation weren't so grave, Duthayer would have snorted with amusement at the exchange between the necromancer and the happy-go-lucky priest, but that wouldn't be taken well by the Lady or her servants. He simply bowed again to her and left with the others. "I don't know about the horses lads. I know it would be faster, but I'm a terrible rider... no horses where I come from. Someone would have to tie me in the saddle so you aren't picking me out of the dust every few minutes," Duthayer confesses.

Albedo

First Post
Arthur pondered the problem. "It might be prudent for us to obtain a coach then. It would hide our true number, allow some of us to remain rested as we travel, and we could bypass Duthayer's... inexperience with the realm of horses."

TwistedMindInc

First Post
"Well, whatever you wish to decide.. these horses are yours to use or not. If you wish to not travel by them, then you may return them to the stables until you return." He pats one of you on the back and then re-enters the manor.. closing the door behind him. A few moments of your discussing means of transportation, a merchant's wagon is moving through the street, heavily laden with barrels and sacks for the relief efforts going on in the city. Citizens on foot and on horseback may way for it. Suddenly, two hooded men in chainmail shirts rush from an alley and leap before the train of horses, causing them to halt. A third man, this one masked, bounds onto the wagon's clapboard and strikes the driver with a club, throwing him from the wagon.

"Look carefully, citizens of Arabel," shouts the man on the wagon, pointing down to the hurt driver. "That fate awaits any of you who choose to labor for the tryant on the throne in Suzail! The Freedom Warriors claim these good to support our cause!"

Bystanders either look frightened or hurry to get away, so they can deny ever having seen this even unfold. No one else gets involved. All of you notice that several of the goods bear Lady Kestrel's seal (as on the ring); the items on the wagon belong to her merchant company.

Shayuri

First Post
Without missing a beat, Kuma reaches back and yanks his greatsword from its sheath over his back. The dark iron blade hums in the sunlight, glinting hungrily.

"Brigands!" Kuma bellows as he strides forward. "Honorless dogs! You claim to fight tyranny, but you strike only the unarmed, in greater force and from the shadows! Cowards! You will take nothing from these good people while I stand!"

He stops and assumes a ready posture, sword upraised, framing the furious light in his eyes.

(holding action, if I can, to strike the first enemy who comes in reach of the greatsword)

Albedo

First Post
Arthur has no patience for those who harm the defenseless. He picks picks out the man who attacked the driver. Raising his hand and mumbling a few words, he unleashes a pair of flaming rays at his target.

Alrighty, heres how this pans out. I'm hoping to get sneak attack for this, since combat hasn't started and he should be flat-footed. However, I am prepared if this is not the case and use improved diversion (my bluff vs his sense motive) and if successful it will be followed by a hide check. Following this, I shall cast an empowered scorching ray at my target, hopefully gaining sneak attack on the pair of rays and catching the opponent flat footed.

Attack Rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=570448

Ray #1: Roll of 13 + 7 = Touch AC 20

Ray#2: Roll of 10 + 7 = Touch AC 17

Damage dealt on the rays should be 4d6x1.5 fire and hopefully +3d6 sneak attack (each)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Ye'll not stand against Clangeddin's might! Take them alive my friends, let them await the Lady's justice!" Duthayer cries, taking a moment to extract his waraxe from its case, his shield and mountain plate still in his magical haversack. He moves towards the three brigands, trying to put himself between them and as many people as possible. "Stay back, people of Arabel!"

sans

First Post
"Yes, take them alive!"

Drawing Tymora's coin shaped holy symbol from his pouch, Brother Odis glares at the masked rebel and orders, "By Tymora's will, HOLD!"

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative: +1
Move action: draw holy symbol
Standard action: Hold Person, WILL Save DC 20, Duration: 10 rounds, Range: 200'

Shield also not equiped (strapped to back): AC/Touch/FF: 19/13/18

Twisted, How far away are the baddies?

Lastly, just to clarify, the whole bag of holding incident took place as the party was leaving the residence. Not in front of Lady K. That would be inappropriate indeed.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
"Wha-? Rabble-rousers? What a nuisance. Very well alive it is then."

Absalom stepped forward and half chanted in the haunted echoing language of Arcane Magicks. He contorted and interlocked his fingers and bore them at the throng. All the while Lord Rath stepped before the Necromancer brandishing an overlarge blade before him.

Necromantic Energy oozed forth and pulsated like the waves crashing on a beachfront. The Waves enveloped the bullies and sapped a goodly portion of the fight from them.

[Sblock=OOC] Manuever and cast Waves of Fatigue. Trying to Manuever to effect the largest amount of the enemy without hitting my allies in the cone effect. Rath is in front of me and will ready an attack on anyone who threatens Absalom.[/sblock]

TwistedMindInc

First Post
( The 'baddies' are 30 ft away.)

The Freedom Warriors, not expecting anyone to put up a fight, take a moment to let the shouts and banter hit them.. before quickly drawing their weapons. Well, other than the driver. He never makes it to unsheathing his longsword as he is quickly slammed with two rays of fiery heat; what once was a fleshy human is now nothing more than charred skeletal remains with remnants of clothing still holding on for dear life.. and the topple over into the wagon of goods. Fear overcomes the faces of the two remaining men, but for some reason they just can't get their legs to move. Frozen in fear, if you will.

( Initiatives:
Lord Rath: 22
Kuma: 21
Absalom: 20
Sans: 19
Arthur: 15
Warrior 2: 12 - Frozen
Warrior 3: 9 - Frozen
Duthayer: 3 )

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Duthayer's mouth opens and closes a few times in honest shock as the man becomes a charred corpse in front of his eyes. Arthur and he were going to have a chat after this battle...

The dwarf readies his axe and dashes forward, faster than usual out of his armor. "Throw down your weapons, surrender now!" he calls, knowing that if the death of their comrade won't cause them to stop their actions, the weapons of his friends would.

OOC: Moving 25ft up and speaking as a free action.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads