log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
[[Roll for initiative. Kidding.]]

"How many lost figures might these woods contain?" asks Albrecht as he approaches the elf. "Welcome, Umbril," says the dwarf, spitting into his hand and wiping it on his trousers and offering it to him. "You wouldn't happen to be the apprentice to a hedge-mage, would you? Nah. That'd be too easy. That's what we're looking for. M'name's Albrecht."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril looks at the offered hand with some reluctance (confusion?) before taking Albrechts hand.

"I'm not lost." He says crossly "I was sent here to investigate the woods. Problem is, it doesn't seem to like me very much. And won't let me leave. You're first creatures of substance I found. Everything else is the shadow. I know about shadows, but these are...weird."
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht grunts, and returns to the house. His rock is still in place, and so he enters the foyer. "Anyone here?" he calls out.
 


mips42

Explorer
Anyone here?
Whatever air movement there was, stops. The already cool air becomes even colder, to the point where you can see your breath. Somewhere inside you can hear a slight creaking, as of the manor settling, or something moving. For the briefest of moments you thought you caught a glimpse of piercing blue eyes staring at you.
A faint, child-like laugh comes from the interior, 'Come and play with us'.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Terry turns to Umbril. "I suppose you are. Unless you are with them." Louder to the child-like voice, "Have you seen Becky? We are looking for her." When the group look at Terry confused. She gestures to say, just go with it, by moving her hand in a circle up out down and back toward herself.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott offers a hand to Umbril, then follows his friend Albrecht back inside.

Then the firbolg stands there looking perplexed.

"We found one person," he says slowly, ponderously, as he gazes at the elf for a second, "And are looking for a boy. And a girl named Becky, too?"

He shakes his head in confusion.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, you're not here to investigate the woods? I thought local humans made a party...you're just looking for some kids?! There are tracks that lead you here?" Umbril takes out both of his swords, light curved elven sabres and holds them along his arms, points nearly to the shoulders.
"Ready when you are, I specialize in retreiving people from hard to get places." Thin lipped smile
"Maybe these two will be more willing than average. "
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht does not understand what's going on, and is annoyed at the voice. "Bertram , is that you? Sadie? Sadie Thistle?" he calls out. He lifts his axe, Glint, and it begins to glow [[providing 10' bright light radius, and another 10' dim]].

He turns to Umbril. "Well, specialist. Help us retrieve people. We've been promised an ale at the end of this."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Shhhh, that voice we heard. I was trying to see if it could understand us," Terry says. "Hello? Have you seen our friend?" She calls out again.
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
"That's not really an answer," Terry says. "It was worth a shot. If they said they knew where Becky was, we know they know nothing about our boy. But apparently they are just fooling around." She looks at Umbril, "We're only looking for one boy. Becky was a ruse."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott starts from the laughter, and he holds up his sword defensively.

When it fades, though, he eases somewhat as he accepts Terry's explanation.

"Kids," he sighs, with the weary tone of any guardsman who's had to deal with children's pranks everywhere. Then the firbolg shrugs and moves back to the two statues inside, moving between them and deeper into the house if he finds nothing in particular.
 

mips42

Explorer
This room is a raised platform and is situated at the bottom of a stairwell. There is a cushioned sitting couch in the south-west corner of the room, it has an old worn children’s doll laying on it. In the north-east corner is a stairwell. A portcullis blocks the way up. just next to the stairs is a small alcove where a griffon statue sits on a pedestal, one paw raised. Steps opposite the ones you just climbed lead down again.
 

Attachments


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril checks the portcullis and the griffon shaking the raised paw as he would with a pet. Smiling to himself, he readies again his swords and moves toward the stairs.

OOC: assuming nothing happens after poking things
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott raises an eyebrow at the decisive elf, then follows him with a quick gesture to the others to do the same.
 

mips42

Explorer
The portcullis is heavy and solid, with no apparent means of moving it.
Looking at the stature closer you can see a hairline seam between the raised paw and the rest of the statue. It looks like the paw might move.
As best you can tell through the portcullis, the stairs head up to a second floor but it's hard to tell from the outside.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Umbril didn't really check the statue as much as shake the leg just because it looked like something you do with raised paw.

Thus, he was a bit surprised when it actually moved.

Ooc: no trap checking for this one
 


Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht (Str 18) pulls on the paw of the statue. He's happy to take help from anyone willing to do so.

OOC: Athletics 1d20+8=20 (16 if just a str check); if someone helps and offers advantage, it stays the same.


Does the portcullis look like it has rusted over? might it be freshly dropped? (Dwarven knowledge of stonework perhaps relevant).
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top