log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods


log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Doing good is its own reward," Bimpnott mutters emotionless, echoing the same line he has used for years as a watchman. Then the firbolg enters the building, stooping a little to avoid hitting his head on the doorpost. He holds his sword out defensively, and takes a moment to let his eyes adjust to the darkness.

Familiar darkness. Being indoors again makes the giantkin feel a lot more comfortable than out in the woods, despite his size and racial disposition. At least he knows the darkness, and instinctively Bimpnott reaches out with - well, he's not quite sure what to call it, but it's a feeling inside that other people seem to lack, and it can sense magics unseen by eyes.

OOC: Using the racial ability to Detect Magic; 1/SR, sweeping the area ahead.
 

mips42

Explorer
You stand in near darkness. If not for Terry, the darkness would be total. As you cautiously enter, you can see that the entry foyer has a large open space with a floor of black marble. Two imposing looking demonic statues stand to either side of the foyer as if motionlessly keeping watch over the empty room.
your detect magic causes the entire area to glow in your vision. There is definitely magic around,.
 

Attachments


Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht picks up the largest boulder he can find which he can move, and uses it to prop open the door, perhaps keeping some light in.

"Air the place out," he explains to the spectral audience outside.

OOC: 18 strength.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Magic all around," Bimpnott mutters as he stand there for a moment longer, trying to learn more, perhaps differentiate between different magics if possible.

OOC: Can I discern what school of magic? And can I sense different sources of magic, or is it all just the same?
 

mips42

Explorer
Bimpnott: It's easy enough to prop open the door, now that it's unlocked. What you Detect is a swirl of different magics. Definitely a LOT of Necromancy, but also Evocation, Enchantment and Illusion.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Careful," Bimpnott warns the others as he motions for all of them to follow him inside. "Magics from beyond the grave are all around. Try not to die."

Then the firbolg walks up to one of the demonic statues, poking his finger at it if no other effect takes place.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Good people of the woods. Wait there before you enter. Hear me."
Someone is there in the shadows of the forest, careful to not be seen, but obviously wanting it or he/she/it wouldn't call out.

Stealth: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

EDIT: sorry if I jumped the gun, I finished the character in RG except: the feat/ability increase, history and proper image
 
Last edited:



mips42

Explorer
Terry finds no signs of anything moving or crossing this space other than your party but DOES hear the cry of a unfamiliar voice.
 






JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What was that?" says Bimpnott, turning his head back to the entrance.

"Did that sound like the boy?"

The firbolg whispers to the statues, "Wait here," then walks back to the entrance to see if he can see or hear anyone.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
One of the shadows near the mass grave looks less vague, more like a fully armored...probably an elf given the ear-points...but in the gloom and with semi-transparent shadow it is hard to say for sure.

"Hello, again." the voice tries both in elven and common. It sounds tired.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Hello! Where are you?" asks Albrecht. "You shouldn't be in the forest alone. Get yourself killed."

He pauses. "C'mon out. We've no time for games."
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The shadow of the elf fills out, gain color and substance. The elf holds his arms up and wide in generally recognized 'I am not a danger' gesture
" I know. It wasn't my idea to be alone in the forest. But I was sent here to check it out. I am Umbril. I will gladly help you if you can take me out if the woody eventually."
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top