log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Does anyone else have an injury that needs tendin' before we move on?" asks the ugly dwarf. Albrecht looks around for any small creatures that might give them leads on the direction to head.

OOC: Happy to offer 1d8-1 Cure wounds to the first two takers. Looking to cast Speak with Animals if there is a badger or haunted squirrel nearby; ideally as a ritual if we are not pressed for time.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott becomes quiet, although his eyes remain wide and keep darting to the sides. He takes his sword in his big hand and keeps by Albrecht's side as the dwarf looks for a helpful animal.

The firbolg can communicate with such a critter as well, but he's very suspicious right now.
 

mips42

Explorer
As one direction looks much like another, you set off again, this time staying clear of the trees, in case more of them are haunted. After another twenty minutes or so (time is hard when everything looks the same), you come to a open space and, in it, you can see what once must have been a fine manor house. Now, the walls are cracked, the windows dark and the surrounding area is all lumpy, scabby vegetation.
As you approach the mansion you notice that the blackness of the stone is unnatural and almost tainted. The air grows thick, and what little light that the mist somehow becomes even thicker the closer that you get to the manor.
 

Attachments


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”Just a bit less scary than those trees,” Bimpnott jokes without much joy in his voice.

The firbolg looks at Albrecht hesitantly.

”He must’ve gone inside.” More of a question than a statement, Bimpnott nevertheless moves up to the apparent front door with quite some speed.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"So we're assuming he was stupid and crept into the obviously abandoned house?" There is obvious levity in Terry's voice as she says this. It somewhat masks her sense of foreboding.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"I suggest we split up -- it'll go faster. Some enter the house through the front door. I'll make for the basement through the storm cellar." Albrecht suggests.

OOC: Albrecht is hilarious.
 





mips42

Explorer
As you approach the manor you can see that the walls are covered in brown and green moss, giving them a diseases look. The area is eerily silent , yet you get the distinct feeling that some one, or some thing, is watching you. As you approach, a dozen or so shadows detach from the treeline and float towards you.
They appear as dark-grey holes in the mists with coal-black spots where eyes and mouth would be. The move to within about 10 feet or so and stay, hovering there, silently watching.
 

Attachments


jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We are just passing through," Terry says. "We are looking for a boy who foolishly came into these woods. Once we find him, we will leave. Do you know which way he went?"
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott looks at the shadows but does not seem to be bothered too much by them. He waits to see if they respond to Terry's question, in the meantime looking around to see if there are more suspicious spots of darkness that could be shadow creatures.
 

mips42

Explorer
As you look around, you now realize that the shapes you saw moving in the mists were Shadows like these and that there are likely dozens, if not more.
We are looking for a boy who foolishly came into these woods. Once we find him, we will leave. Do you know which way he went?
The Shadows hover in the now cold air, their dark forms undulating and wavering in non-existant wind. Slowly, one of the Shadows moves off to one side of he manor and hovers near a small, lichenous mound.[/quote]
 
Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht makes his way over towards the mound, warily.

"There's so many of them," he observes as he moves between two shadow forms.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Watchers," Bimpnott guesses, somehow feeling that the shadows function in a rather similar way to a city watch.

The firbolg cautiously follows his friend Albrecht to the mound, not wanting to leave the dwarf alone among those frightening creatures.

"Can we go inside quickly?" he whispers as he looks at the shadows and, more importantly, between the shadows at the rest of the surroundings.
 


mips42

Explorer
Albrecht makes his way over towards the mound, warily.

"There's so many of them," he observes as he moves between two shadow forms.
Albrecht moves warily between multiple Shadows keeping a eye on them, towards the mound. It is roughly 6 feet across, 3 feet deep and about the same high, covered in lichen and moss. As you move closer, you begin to see that it is not a pile of earth as previously thought, but something else.
The front door is banded with three heavy metal that, given the state of the rest of the house, are in surprisingly good shape.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Albrecht goes back to the door. "Maybe it'll be the storm cellar after all."

He goes back to the mound, and eyes the shadows. Is this a grave, which he will not want to disturb? Any signs of offerings or memorials will make him stop. Otherwise, he'll poke at it with his axe, gently pulling away the lichen and moss first, and then examining Whatever Lies Beneath.
 


Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top