log in or register to remove this ad

 

Into the Woods

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott sees his friend Albrecht prepare his magical weapon, and the firbolg peers into the distance. One hand goes to his shortsword but does not take it out of its scabbard yet.

With his other hand, Bimpnott touches the nearest tree. Whispering to the tree, the giantkin asks that the forest protect him and his companions.

OOC: Speech of Beast and Leaf racial feature: Can communicate in a limited manner to animals and plants, although it does not grant the ability to understand them in return.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

mips42

Explorer
As Bimpnott places his hand upon the tree to cast, the tree busts into motion, it's limbs creaking and howling as if in a windstorm. Sharp ended branches flail at you as it emits a high-pitched keening noise.
As the branches flail at you, you can feel the power behind the blows but your armor protects you easily.
OOC: No casting occurred as the attack was nearly instant.
_: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Well, you've managed to find out if the woods are, in fact, haunted... INITIATIVE!
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
"That's not right. Right?" Terry says. "Trees don't usually get angry like that. Though I suppose you should have asked before leaning like that. Must be a temperamental tree. I hope that apprentice didn't lean against the wrong tree, too. We might find him hurt or something."

Terry's Initiative: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott lets out a startled yell when the tree he tried to ask aid from, instead moves to attack him!

Immediately the firbolg raises his arms defensively.

OOC: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

FYI: Speech of Beast and Leaf is not a spell but a feature I can use any time, but thanks!
 


mips42

Explorer
OOC: As TGLASSY (Andar) seems to be away for the moment, I will assign him Initiative 1 and move on. Also, Bimpnott and Albrecht got the same init (20). I am giving Albrecht first turn as it feels right for Bimp to be slightly delayed as part of "surprise". So, order will be:
Albrecht, Bimpnott, Angelique, Tree-Monster, Terry, Andar.
@Kobold Stew , Albrecht is up!
 



mips42

Explorer
The sword bites into the trees' bark, sending bits flying. The tree emits another high keening noise as Bimpnott kicks the tree.
OOC: @Skarsgard Angelique is up.
 





mips42

Explorer
Bimpnott tumbles to the ground in a crumpled heap. Terry steps in and stabs the tree monster!

OOC:
Albrecht
Bimpnott
Angelique
Tree-Monster
Terry is up,
Andar is up @tglassy! (ill give until Sunday, then skip.
 


Kobold Stew

Adventurer
"Bimpnott!" cries Albrecht, surprised at the pity in his voice for the guard who had kept him on his toes so often as he had sought those bricks. Somehow Andar was already beside him, and so Albrecht pressed his attack.

The dwarf steps forward, growling at the tree. "My axe's bite is worse than your bark!" he cries, and swings, but again he fails to connect.

OOC: 1d20+6=8 to hit... pff.
 



mips42

Explorer
Somehow, the psychic blast manages to find whatever is animating the tree and it reels in momentary confusion, it's high keen becoming a wailing shriek. as it recovers, it stikes out at the first thing it sees: Albrecht. Le swinging limbs come barreling in on his armor in a heavy blow but, this time atleast, he is able to maneuver so as not to be hurt.

OOC:
To hit _: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

Albrecht
Bimpnott
Angelique
Tree-Monster
Terry @jmucchiello
Andar
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top