Into the Woods

Skarsgard

Explorer
Angelique takes the proffered shoe from the wizard in one hand and turns to her companions.

"Is anyone part bloodhound?" she asks innocently, holding out the shoe.

"For some, evil is what they are, demons and the like. For others, evil is a choice," Terry says to Angelique. "It's a bad choice. Evil is very bad, after all.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Having finished his drink, Bimpnott nods appreciatively at the wizard as he returns his cup.

"Just show us the path and we'll take it from there," the firbolg says calmly as they walk up to the forest.

But then he hesitates for a moment as he seems to realize they are entering what he knows can be a very dangerous place, full of predators and monsters.

"In there?" he asks, stalling but trying not to let his anxiety show.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Albrecht has emptied out his waterskin, pouring into one of the plants by the windowsill, and filled it with the remaining portions of the wizard's homebrew. He takes a final sip from his glass, and wipes his moustache with the inside cuff of his sleeve.

"Well, we should be going," he suggests. "The lad won't find himself."

mips42

Adventurer
The collection of houses collectively known as Knotwood is fairly quiet. There are a few children playing enthusiastically, and a handful of chickens wandering about. But, otherwise, the place is fairly quiet. apparently most of the citizens are out at their fields. Just on the north edge of the village, you find the path that Mertrand mentioned and begin upon it.
The path is relatively straight and flat, with only the occasional stone breaking up the hard-pack surface. The path curves up to the top of a small hillock and, there, you get your first look at the woods itself. There is a wide swath of stumps and thinner trees where it's been cleared for housing and other needs but, beyond that, the bank of trees stretches to the left and right in a tight, dense wall.
Walking to the edge of the dense copse of trees, the path leads you to a small break in the wall of trees and underbrush of ferns and some sort of thorny vines. Even from the edge of the trees, you get a feeling of foreboding, as if someone or some THING is aware of you and not at all happy you are there. And, at the same time, there is another sense of pleasure, even giddiness or joy. Even without entering, you can tell that the woods is a very odd place.

tglassy

Adventurer
Andar focuses on the whispers as they walk, listening for thoughts he is unfamiliar with.

OOC: Detect Thoughts lets me do a passive scan for intelligent thought within 30 ft of me, and if he's not doing anything else, he's going to be doing that. It doesn't tell him where they are, just that they're within 30 ft, and they have to have an INT score over 3 to detect them. I have to keep Concentration, but since it's cast at will, I only have to do an action ever minute to keep it going.

I'm going to lose this thing so quickly...

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Again, interpretation of the rules as written.

As you stand at the edge of rhe copse of trees and open your awareness, you are nearly overwhelmed as a flood of senses pour into your mind. Beyond the general apprehension of your companions, there is a mass of other inputs. Not so much thoughts in the "normal" sense but, rather, something simpler and more primal. If you were to attempt to put them into words, it would be a combination of fear, hatred, anger, and a desperate need to feed.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott swallows hard as he imagines all the dangerous predators and monsters of the wood watching him... But when he turns to his companions, he just smiles.

”Stay with me,” he says, and walks into the forest with big steps, seemingly fearless.

Remove ads