Into the Woods

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott sees his friend Albrecht prepare his magical weapon, and the firbolg peers into the distance. One hand goes to his shortsword but does not take it out of its scabbard yet.

With his other hand, Bimpnott touches the nearest tree. Whispering to the tree, the giantkin asks that the forest protect him and his companions.

OOC: Speech of Beast and Leaf racial feature: Can communicate in a limited manner to animals and plants, although it does not grant the ability to understand them in return.

mips42

Adventurer
As Bimpnott places his hand upon the tree to cast, the tree busts into motion, it's limbs creaking and howling as if in a windstorm. Sharp ended branches flail at you as it emits a high-pitched keening noise.
As the branches flail at you, you can feel the power behind the blows but your armor protects you easily.
OOC: No casting occurred as the attack was nearly instant.
_: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8

Well, you've managed to find out if the woods are, in fact, haunted... INITIATIVE!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Bimpnott lets out a startled yell when the tree he tried to ask aid from, instead moves to attack him!

Immediately the firbolg raises his arms defensively.

OOC: Initiative: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

FYI: Speech of Beast and Leaf is not a spell but a feature I can use any time, but thanks!

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: As TGLASSY (Andar) seems to be away for the moment, I will assign him Initiative 1 and move on. Also, Bimpnott and Albrecht got the same init (20). I am giving Albrecht first turn as it feels right for Bimp to be slightly delayed as part of "surprise". So, order will be:
Albrecht, Bimpnott, Angelique, Tree-Monster, Terry, Andar.
@Kobold Stew , Albrecht is up!

Remove ads