Into the Woods

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Having two zombies pummeling him is not ideal, but the hag is the target. Echo cannot do much, but at least it is blocking her from the escape route. And it does some damage.

He keeps slashing, hoping for the best. But jostling and cramped quarters make his fighting style difficult and the press of bodies from around the hag makes it hard to see to work the echo to its full potential. Only one shallow cut comes from the flurry of cuts directed at her.

mips42

Adventurer
The fury of the blows from Terrys spiritual weapon, Bimpnots blows and Umbrils swords rain down upon the Hag. Blood, thick and viscous drips from many wounds and, briefly, drops her to one knee. Blood flecked foam flies from her mouth as she screams. it seems clear that their is not much life left.
She once more raises her hands but, this time, the tendrils of energy do not touch her. Fury rages in her eyes "I gave all for this! Everything and more!" She turns, hate in her eyes and blood flowing from her mouth. "If I go, you do, too!" With this, she leaps at the big firbolg, claws and teeth flashing and biting into the firbolgs flesh.
A zombie tries to bash Terry, but misses.
2 sombies crowd umbril but are not able to hit him.

OOC:
Gertrude CLAWS at Bimpnott [10] +7 = 17 to hit, [1][1] +4 = 6 damage
for anyone keeping track, Gert has 5 HP left...
Zombie 3 [2]+3=5 to hit, miss
Zombie 4 [5]+3=8 to hit, miss
Zombie 5 [1]+3=4 to hit, miss (wow these zombies are terrible)

Gertrude
Zombies
Albrecht @Kobold Stew
Terry
Bimpnott
Ghouls (0 active, 2 turned (round 9/10)
Umbril

Neurotic

The echo follows the hag and now that she is clearly visible due to the unfortunate fall of the dwarf, he can cut deeply and cleanly finally felling her. The warrior weaves his blades keeping zombies at sword length before taking a moment to check the surrounding area and not liking what he sees.

There are still undead about and Albrecht is down.
"Bimpnot, I'm coming over, heal Albrecht if you can."

Move: echo moves as needed to follow the hag
Attack 1 (action): Attack vs Gertrude; damage: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10

Attack 2 (bonus): 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12; 1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9 if Gertrude falls from the first one, this one goes against the zombie
Move: Exchange place with the echo, leaving it with the zombies.

If she doesn't fall from the attack:
Action surge; damage: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Startled at the hag's sudden ferocious attack, Bimpnott fails to defend himself against Gertrude, and her claws bite wickedly in his flesh.

Once more, the firbolg goes down. The large former watchman lies next to his unconscious friend Albrecht.

OOC: Once again at 0 hp... Honestly, I'm surprised he's survived so far. Bimpnott is severely traumatized after this, if he manages to get out... :)

Death save: 1D20 = [6] = 6 (failure)

Failures: 1/3
Successes: 0/3

Gertrude is struck by the blunt, ghost-like hammer once again from behind as Terry sees to Bimpnott. At first it seems as though Gertrude takes the blow as she has taken all the various blows she's received. She stands over the firbolg seemingly unaware of the hammer. What Terry couldn't see was the ribs in her chest burst forth from her skin. Gertrude runs a finger along her breastbone, a silent "no" on her lips as she collapses a final time.

"Those ghouls are going recover from their fear soon and I only have one spell left. I can heal all of us a lot if I have ten minutes to cast a spell. But we don't have ten minutes," Terry says. "Do you think we can drag everyone out of here and lock the ghouls within while I cast my spell or do we need to defeat the ghouls first?"

She gets ready to cast spare the dying again on Albrecht "next round".

Neurotic

"We can try, but Bimpnott is big and heavy. And the zombies are still active. I'll cover you. Start dragging."

Umbril shimmers and fades out as he takes place of his echo. Stowing one of the scimitars he grabs Bimpnotts shirt and starts pulling. The echo keeps waving swords in front of zombies in hopes of distracting them enough so the two of them can save the fallen.

OOC: What kind of action is dragging someone and how fast can we go? If we need an action and half-move, we're done for!

Move: spend 15' of movement to change places with the echo.
Action: move Bimpnott
Bonus: ?
Opportunity attack vs Zombie; damage: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D6+4 = [1]+4 = 5
Crit dice: 1D6 = [6] = 6

total 12 slashing damage if provoked

mips42

Adventurer
"We can try, but Bimpnott is big and heavy. And the zombies are still active. I'll cover you. Start dragging."

Umbril shimmers and fades out as he takes place of his echo. Stowing one of the scimitars he grabs Bimpnotts shirt and starts pulling. The echo keeps waving swords in front of zombies in hopes of distracting them enough so the two of them can save the fallen.

OOC: What kind of action is dragging someone and how fast can we go? If we need an action and half-move, we're done for!

Move: spend 15' of movement to change places with the echo.
Action: move Bimpnott
Bonus: ?
Opportunity attack vs Zombie; damage: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D6+4 = [1]+4 = 5
Crit dice: 1D6 = [6] = 6

total 12 slashing damage if provoked
OOC: If you want to try to drag bimpnott wile he's unconscious, you'd want a strength check. Then, when you move, you can drag or carry the grapplee with you, but your speed is halved, unless the creature is two or more sizes smaller than you.

Remove ads