(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The Wolf God strongly advises against any occupation of Iuz's lands; he urges that a place neutral to Iuz and the Scarlet Brotherhood be found in which to hold accords regarding the situation.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE WILL OF ECLAVDRA

She goes to the Great City. She goes to Greater Nyrond.
It doesn't matter if it's dangerous. It doesn't matter what is said or unsaid.
If she is opposed, she kills any who stand in her way.

She goes to the stricken drow.
She goes to every hospital they are in.
She goes to every cave and cavern they lay in.
She goes to every part of the Great City they suffer in.

She acts like someone possessed.
She acts like someone driven beyond all madness.
She acts like someone gifted with an insight that drives her beyond all endurance.
She does not stop.
She does not stop, even though people would pile up on her in heaps: she hurls them aside with magic, and continues.

She bores her will, her might, her image, into the minds of those drow who are stricken, who are suffering Withdrawal, who are tettering on the brink between good, evil, and madness.
She is like an adamantite pillar, glowing white with heat, a furious blast of the Light of good, of determination, of fixated purpose.
She speaks to her people, over and over and over. By the hundreds. By the thousands. By the tens of thousands.
She does not stop. She goes from drow to drow, and she rams her way into their minds, and she forces them to listen to her, and her demand to them is clear, unequivacable, and the immensity of that demand is backed up by all her furious determination, her infuriated desire to triumph and survive against what she has seen, her savage embrace of the Light, her primordial drow nature - violent and savage - turned towards a single purpose.

If Iuz was nice enough (chuckles) to give back the Regalia of Lordly Might to Eclavdra, what she does is heightened in power by about 10 fold.

She speaks to her stricken people, who are in Withdrawal, one by one:

LET THE LIGHT COME WITHIN YOU.
LET THE LIGHT BURN YOU, SAVAGE AND PRIMORDIAL IN IT'S FURY, UNTIL IT BURNS OUT THE EVIL.
LET IT BURN OUT THE EVIL LIKE A HOT IRON SUNK DEEP INTO YOUR FLESH BURNS AWAY WOUNDS!
SCREAM IN IT'S PAIN, AND BE DEVOURED BY IT'S MIGHT, AND LET IT SWEEP YOU AWAY ... AND IN IT'S FIRES BE REBORN!
SCREAM. SCREAM! SCREAM!!!
AND THEN LAUGH.
FOR YOU ... WILL ... LAUGH. AS THE DARKNESS IS BURNED AWAY, THE LIGHT WILL ENFOLD YOU, THE LIGHT WILL BRING SAVAGE PLEASURE AND DELIGHT AND VIOLENT TRIUMPH ... AND YOU WILL LAUGH.
THE LAUGHTER OF THE DROW WILL SHAKE THE CITY, SHAKE THE OERTH, SHAKE THE VERY FOUNDATIONS OF THE COSMOS!!!

I AM ECLAVDRA, AND YOU SHALL OBEY ME!!!
I COMMAND YOU TO BURN, UNTIL YOU BURN AWAY! AND ARE REBORN. REBORN, IN THE LIGHT!
DEFY ME AND DIE! DEFY ME AND I CURSE YOU, AND I CAST YOU OUT OF THE DROW. I CAST YOU INTO THE DEEPEST PIT OF PRIMORDIAL FIRE, YOU UNGRATEFUL TRAITOR, YOU WRETCHED WORM, LOWER THAN THE LOWEST SLIME THAT EVER SLITHERED ON OERTH BEFORE THE SUN EVER ROSE ON THAT FIRST MORNING!
OBEY ME AND FIND YOUR SALVATION.
OBEY ME AND LIVE. OBEY ME ... AND FIND LAUGHTER. LAUGHTER! LAUGHTER!!!
OBEY ME AND FIND BLISS.
OBEY ME AND FIND STRENGTH.
LET THE LIGHT BURN THROUGH YOU UTTERLY, AND FIND IN IT'S AGONY THE SWEETEST OF DELIGHT, THE GREATEST OF STRENGTH, THE MIGHTIEST OF MIGHT.
AND YOU WILL LAUGH.
YOU WILL LAUGH!
YOU WILL LAUGH!!!
YOU ... WILL ... LAUGH!!!!!

THE LAUGHTER OF THE DROW OF THE LIGHT, WILL SHAKE THE FIRMAMENT OF EXISTENCE ITSELF DOWN!!!

(then, after that, quietly)

And you will be redeemed.
Your Queen commands you to let the Light in.
Obey her now, and join her in the laughter.
Power beyond your wildest dreams await, and triumph beyond all triumph.
Obey your Queen, embrace the Light, and scream in it's fire ... until the laughter comes.
The laughter that never ends.

-

(It's not quite Al'Akbars' feel good speech, is it? But it is Eclavdra: her own version of calling her people to the light, to become a good people.)

(If Iuz gives Eclavdra the Regalia of Lordly Might back, she - as I said - is magnified 10 fold.
But even if not, Eclavdra has great power of her own - she is a great archmagistress and warrior - and her determination, if nothing else, is absolute.)

Bugbear

First Post
Greater Nyrond agrees that occupation of Iuz's empire may be in the best interest of both Nyrond and The Empire. However it must be handled in the proper fashion. I advise that The TEC conference convene immediately so that this matter, as well as others may be handled as quickly as possible and in a manner which satisfies all involved.

Bugbear

First Post
When Eclavdra arrives in Rel Mord and atteempts to apraoch the hospital, she finds that it is guarded by a band of knights of Herionius and inside dozens of tridrones, elven healers and human druids are attending to the ill Drow. nearby children are playing and the sounds of their laughter fill the air.

She proudly approaches the gate, fire burning in her eyes. The kinights, not recognizing her but sencing that something isn't right, seal the gates and move to block her way.

"You may not enter, madam. These refugees are under the protection of King Rhynnon. I know not who ye be, or what you are about, but I sence trouble travels with you. These poor folk don't need no trouble, they've seen enough."

edit: Needless to say, but the hospital is protected from Teleportation by dimentional lock and zone of respite. The only way in is through the gate.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO ALL IN THE IR: ECLAVDRAS' GREATEST SHOUT

Eclavdra takes a rock in her hand, and screams in fury, and the white magical might around her screams out with her: the rock melts and runs out of her hand.

She sends a powerful sending to all the good leaders and demipowers, including, but not limited to: Al'Akbar, Morwel, Zachiman, Murlynd, Eilistraee, Boccob if he is present, and the others.

This powerful message is, of course, heard by just about every other leader on Oerth as well. It's heard by a lot of people who aren't leaders. It's heard by just about any being that has magic, innate magic, access to magical spells, and it's heard by a lot of beings that don't have any magic at all.
The message sweeps across Greyspace as Eclavdra gives the Greatest Shout. It is heard on the other worlds. It is heard on Gnibble. It is heard on distant Ginsel.

In the head of Creamsteaks' illithid leader, it is like a blast that shatters glass, then goes echoing from one chamber to another another, endlessly back and forth ... a most annoying intrusion indeed.
The same could be said for Nac Mac Feegles' Kaballim of Psionic Leaders: the Greatest Shout is like psychic thunder.

Eclavdra pours the full might of many 9th level spells into the Greatest Shout.
This is a request for help.
This is a request for others to help her achieve the miracle she is giving everything for: the ultimate miracle; the rebirth of her people.
She cannot do this alone. She cannot hope to make the rebirth happen alone. She needs the help of every good power in the IR. She needs that, and maybe more. She needs everything, that they can give her. She needs, everything that can possibly be done, to be done.

- To enable the drow to survive the Withdrawal, to prevent them from going mad or reverting back to evil or even neutrality.
- To enable the drow, in their hundreds of thousands, to go ALL the way.
- To enable the drow, to become a good people.
- To enable the drow, to embrace the Light, and be embraced by the Light.

And Eclavdras' words are as follows:

HELP ME!!!
SAVE MY PEOPLE!!!
HELP ME TO BRING THE DROW TO THE LIGHT!!!
HELP THE DROW TO BE REBORN, AND BECOME GOOD!!!
HELP ME!!!!!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO BUGBEAR

Bugbear, Eclavdra is driven beyond all reason: she might as well be insane, for this purpose.
To save her people is her one goal, and everything else simply doesn't matter.
Call it the ultimate case of temporary insanity.

Eclavdra sweeps the Knights and guards and all the others out of her way with a great wave of magic, sending them hurling off to the side.
For some incredible reason - perhaps caused by her new alignment of chaotic good and some last split second restraint, perhaps the result of sheer dump luck, or perhaps by the intervention of some demipower - none of the guards and Knights are killed.
All are injured, though. Some severely.

Then Eclavdra throws her full might at the gates to the hospital.
The gates are torn off their hinges and hurled away in pieces.
The walls shatter, flinders of stone flying everywhere.
The pavement itself jumps, cracking and splitting apart.

And Eclavdra, awash in power and light, blinding furious purpose and need, walks into the hospital.
And may Rhynnon help ANYONE who gets in her way!!!

A chaotic good of sweetness and light, flowers and lollipops?
Not for THIS girl!
This is chaotic good with an ATTITUDE.

This is a chaotic good that means it when it says CHAOTIC good!

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The Wolf God extends formal permission for small groups of celestials or good clerics from TEC member nations to enter the cities within his borders, should they so desire, in order to tend to the drow within.

In addition, the Wolf God proposes the Empire of Lynn as a meeting ground for the TEC conference, as it is a member nation entirely neutral in all events in question, and distant from their location.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Seeing The strange and menacing drow woman melt a rock in her hand only confirms the Knight-captain's suspicions. He sounds the alarm. The massive wave of magical energy she unleashes causes the guards to reel and fall to the ground, but , perhaps because they were so near the source, they do not understand the message she sent.

The Tridrones, acting on secondary protocols to defend the hospital from attack, pour out of the building forming into lines in the courtyard between the gate and the entrance.

Inside the Elven healers and druids prepare to defend the patients inside should this intruder gain entrance.

And outside in the street, the children have stopped playing. They no longer laugh, but now stand frozen, starring at the scene unfolding before them.

Bugbear

First Post
Eclavra's first blast incapacitates many of the knights and rips the gates from their hinges. The Modrons charge her. They do not understand why she is her. They do not care why she is here. All they know, is that the Hospital is under attack and they are to defend it.

Very quickly Eclavdra is surrounded and soon will be buried by Tridrones. Theire claws rip at her. they do not retreat. They cannot retreat unless a higher ranking Modron orders them to.

Inside, the healers and druids set up wards against chaos, and ready their spells for the intruder.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO BUGBEAR

Eclavdra stops, and looks at the modrons, mages, knights, druids, and everyone else present, and she screams, a blood curdling scream that shatters glass, and then booms out:

I AM ECLAVDRA, QUEEN OF THE DROW.
I COME TO CALL MY PEOPLE TO THE LIGHT!
MOVE ASIDE.
MOVE ASIDE!
WHAT MUST BE, ... SHALL ... BE.
THE ... DROW ... WILL ... BE ... REBORN.
MOVE ASIDE!!!

(If they don't move aside, we have a real problem. And a lot of dead people.)

(I'm conducting Eclavdra according to the various posts made priorhand in this IR. Too much power was poured into Eclavdra. Too many conflicting powers helped her. The strain was too great. And what Eclavdra foresaw - that all would die and not be able to escape the Crystal Sphere, and be forever enslaved to Vecna - was too much. Driven by a fury unquenchable, driven by a need unstoppable, driven by a passion unmatchable, Eclavdra cannot stop, cannot hold back. It is like Thomas Covenant himself, lost in the delirium of the Ravers' poison, in the 2nd Chronicles, but no Linden Avery is there to stop Eclavdra or somehow reason with her.
And, after all, Serpenteye ruled it would be a grim good, if the drow became good. Eclavdra has become good ... a grim good. And Iuz threw extra chaos into the mixture, to quote Rikandurs' post. A grim good, with extra chaos on the side. Sort of like a Burger King Whopper burned to a crisp, with so much mustard it sank in the mustard like a ship gone down in a storm.
For the moment, at least, that is the situation. In a delirium of chaos and good, determination and purpose, Eclavdra will do, what she feels she must do. I suppose few see it as good - Iuz would be laughing his butt off - but it's Eclavdras' version of ... good.)

Last edited:

Remove ads