(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

James Heard

Explorer
Serpenteye said:
Zagyg only granted spells to the Drow, right? ...?
Correct. The elves aren't in anywhere near the ridiculously unexpected predicament as the elves are. I don't personally understand the actions of the elves, the reasoning of the elves, or what possible logic the elves could be using to justify mailing their kids to other places - but it seems to me that it's something to do with the elves wanting to do it to themselves I suppose rather than a sudden unexpected action of the universe. Therefore, in the subconscious deity-bits of Zagyg I don't think he'd feel any hard tug of demand on his divinity for something that the elves are apparently doing with their own free will. Maybe if they keep acting like they've got something disturbed going on in their racial personalities that falls into the eccentric aspect of the deity, but for now the Zagyg-endorsment test results aren't in on if they're doing something unexpected or if it's just incredibly unwise.

If Elves decide to worship Zagyg though, or the Alci, or Murlynd, then I don't suppose they'll find much resistance. If they choose to devote themselves to a non-elven, non-solicited god en masse then Zagyg will probably be compelled to fill in the spaces and try to attend to them because there's nothing BUT eccentricity and the unexpected involved with an unprovoked, unasked for radical change in whom your entire race worships. I mean, if Iuz's followers all suddenly up and started praying to Murlynd then Zagyg would be there helping give spells, because that would be sort of "what the hell" too. Does that make sense?

So, if the elves want to convert to Zagyg that's fine. During the Greyhawk Wars lots of people payed homage to Zagyg temporarily too, because frankly he's the correct god to worship in uncertain times - if you've got the right mindset. Who better to watch over you than the god who expects the unexpected? Barring troops in bunkers, because those would probably be better. And mages, mages defending your home would be better too. But if you didn't have anything else going for you, and you watered the plants in the front yard naked occasionally, then Zagyg would be the right god for the job.

Is Ellistrae using the portion of Zagyg to manage the drow any? That's what he's loaning it to her for, because the sooner the drow calm down the sooner that Zagyg can go back to...whatever Zagyg does.

azmodean

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Your divinations reveal that some of the Drow can be redeemed, and that some are destined to remain Evil. They don't tell you which ones will end up which way, though.
In that case N'grath will embark on course #1, giving all of the drow in his reach the chance to become "rehabilitated" while preparing his people for the appearance of the feared drow in their midst when the time comes.

Kalanyr

Explorer
SE - So where is Ellisterae currently ? I posted removing her to safety but I assume if she woke up she would have come back. If she wakes up in the Court of Stars someone will see to it, that she can to go Eclavdra if she wishes to.

Morwel and Faerinaal are both in Aerdi then with Eclavdra. And owe a debt to a chaotic evil half-fiend great wyrm red dragon ? This is so nuts it can only be an IR.

Gwynnarwyf (1 epic PL) will remain with the 15 elite PL helping/(evacuating I suppose since the Wolf God seems to be claiming it) the drow in the Great City.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - Morwel rarely leaves the Court of Stars in its place on Arborea, then again I suppose with the fiendish invasions that happen every so often Morwel still has a death toll the size of a few dozen worlds. Maybe we should call Iuz, Iuz the Innocent instead of Iuz the Evil ?

Knight Otu

First Post
Along with the others (Al'Akbar, the Court of Stars and other assorted nice guys), Ashardalon waits to see what effect the Withdrawal, and Iuz' miracle, and Faerinaal's wish, have on the (former? future? never again?) Velsharess Eclavdra. Should Ashardalon's presence be too harmful, he will leave for the time being. Should the location itself interfere with the Withdrawal, Ashardalon will suggest relocating to Ekbir, or another suitable place.

Morwel and Faerinaal are both in Aerdi then with Eclavdra. And owe a debt to a chaotic evil half-fiend great wyrm red dragon ? This is so nuts it can only be an IR.
IRs make strange allies. :D

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE AWAKENING OF ECLAVDRA

Free will ...

A lot of magical firepower was poured into Eclavdra. Two Miracles from a demipower, a Wish from a demipower, high powered magic from archmages, the care of another demipower, many beings of divinity ...

The Withdrawal is over, and Eclavdra awakens.
A kind of good radiates from Eclavdra now. A strong but febrile good. A chaotic good of strange nature.

It would appear insight was granted as well, for Eclavdras' first words - the very first words she says - upon awakening, are:

The Well of Souls is closed, and the Gates of the Hereafter are shut.
Vecna will come ... and all will be slain ... but they will not die.
In unlife they will go on serving him ... forever.
And he will torture them for all time to be. For all eternity.

Eclavdra leaps out of the bed, and strong energies, energies of the Light but violent energies, ready to strike, ready to kill, illuminate her in a brilliant white light.

Eclavdra speaks softly still, eyes looking at something not visible in the room:

Iuz my friend ... Eilistraee our benefactor ... Al'Akbar, noble one ... Ashardalon my caregiver ... we must fight him. We must go to Galladors' aid.

She suddenly lets the energy burst forth, and the building rocks.
She raises her fist, and energy, molten white and silver pours out.

WE WILL FIGHT. WE WILL TRIUMPH. WE ARE THE DROW.

She lowers her voice, and concludes:

And that is enough.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Serpenteye said:
The situation has already been resolved. Iuz was severely wounded but managed to escape.
-
Over the coming weeks most of the Drow in the Great City get adequate care.

When Iuz Teleports away, Rhynnon puts the Iron Flask away. He sticks around for a few minutes, making small talk with the Elder Brothers, Queen Morwel, and the Tempest, and then Teleports back to Rel Mord.

---
Actually, (in case you missed it) The Modrons and the knights of Heironius evacuate the drow from the great city to Rel Mord where they can receive proper medical attention and psychological counseling.
I'm am pointing this out because it looks like the wolf god may have plans for the great city and I don't want to have to deal with another fight breaking out over my troops squatting there.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC note - Iuz only directed one Miracle at Eclavdra, and Faerinaal (the Wish user) is not a demipower, he is one of Morwel's consorts and a high level wizard and a Tulani.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
OOC: One note -- I had six epPL (including Abbon) in the battle, not five... As indicated by the "six figures appear"... Not sure where you get five from (assuming I didn't send in Abbon?). Anyway, if I understand the rules right (and it's becoming more and more clear that I don't) that would put the Elders at 5,8 PL, and Iuz at what, 0,6?

IC:

The Scarlet Brotherhood issues a message to members of the TEC Pact:

"As you are aware, former Pact-member Iuz has responded to our founder Eclavdra's illness with the shameless and opportunistic theft of Her Regalia, then followed with an attack against the goddess Elistraee, to prevent her from rendering aid to the fallen Drow leader. When she fell to his attack, the Brotherhood was quick to enter in an attempt to subdue Iuz, until his punishment might be determined.

Unfortunately, the Brotherhood failed to estimate Iuz' cowardice; he fled before he could be effectively captured, and now hides himself from scrying by the power of Eclavdra's stolen Regalia. Leaving his nation leaderless, Iuz now selfishly risks allowing his territories to plunge into anarchy, certainly to the detriment of all powers surrounding.

Leave no doubt: If Iuz' negligence allows his subjects to attack, we shall treat that attack no differently than if it had come from his own hand, and tally it further onto his growing list of crimes.

We recommend that those Pact members who are threatened by Iuz move in troops to temporarily maintain order. To this end, we will provide whatever assistance we can manage. Clearly, this is more of a favor to the demi-god than an attack, and in any case, a leader who retreats from his affairs can hardly be afforded any rights at all.

Should Iuz emerge from hiding, we recommend that no force be spared in capturing and imprisoning him until such time as the members of the Pact are able to convene to determine the appropriate penalty for his treason."

Abbon Craylor, now trailed by two elPL of Brotherhood guardians, begins a whirlwind tour of Iuz territory, hitting all of the large population centers (but steering clear of anywhere with a large political backing), spreading word that Iuz has abandoned them, and been stripped of his godhood, and suggesting that it would be wise for them to swear allegiance to neighboring powers quickly, to defend them from Vecna (Vecna! Vecna!)... Vecna will strike at the former Empire of Iuz first, he explains, for he is bound to interpret their decision to worship such a paltry God as Iuz as a sign of great weakness.

Between stops in Iuz' lands, Craylor and his entourage will stop in to check on Eclavdra frequently, assuming Ashardalon (or whoever takes charge of her care, if she is moved) has no objection. Once he's hit all of the major spots in Iuz' empire, the group will retire to wait for Eclavdra to recover, leaving only to attend the TEC Summit, should it commence.

SERP:
[sblock]Hidden among the two elPL are two of the Elder Brothers, the ones least wounded. The others three have returned to secret locations in the Tilvanot Plateau, for the time being.[/sblock]

Remove ads