• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Eclavdra, in chains and spell chains, pleads, crying:

Vecna will come.
He will kill us all.
The Sphere is sealed; our souls cannot escape.
He will torture us forever. For all eternity.

I must save my people.
I must give them my strength.
I must make them into true warriors of the Light, like I have become.
Only as warriors of the Light can they win against Vecna.
Only as determined and strong can they win.

They will be lost again to the Dark if I don't help them.
They will be lost again to Lolth if I don't save them.
They will be lost.
Please, you must believe me. You must help me.
Please.
Please!

EDIT: OOC ... LOL, Anabstercorian! Heh. Maybe Rary should stick with wizardry, and leave the clerics to do the healing? Hehe. :)
EDIT: Maybe she should have made an appointment? LOL, Bugbear. I'm sure she had that in mind ... she just decided to schedule the appointment on her own time! :)

EDIT: James, your people arrive ... and there is Eclavdra, presumably bound in chains and spell chains. I guess the next step is up to you and the others. Eclavdra is not insane per se, according to divination spells if they are cast. She is unstable, but not insane. She is radiating good, if that is detected for. She is telling what she believes to be the truth, according to your spells. And it is true that her people are not really winning the battle of Withdrawal: apparently most of the drow are not going to make it, as Serpenteye pointed out, and become good. Not at least, without some serious intervention.

Last edited:

Bugbear

First Post
Edena of Neth said:
So when King Rhynnon does come down, and when he faces her, and slaps her across the face, none of his own people are dead. Many are injured, some are wounded badly, but none are dead.
And Eclavdra is helpless, in chains and spell chains, before him.

Oh, they may be dead, they may not be dead. I'll let Serpenteye decide on that.

Rhynnon however, when he arrived believed them to be dead. with all the destruction and battle, what else would he think?

Rhynnon will give Eclavdra a moment to collect herself. Rhynnon has a 47 strength, so even with her magical protections, she'll be knocked for a loop by that pimp slap :) But once she does, she'll have some explaining to do.

Anabstercorian

First Post
OOC Post

Edena_of_Neith said:
If she is opposed, she kills any who stand in her way.

Edena_of_Neith said:
I'm going to sound like Serpenteye here, but wait, wait, wait ...
Eclavdra hasn't killed anyone yet.
She didn't kill any of the defenders at the doors on her first attack.
I deliberately broke off posting before any second attack occurred.

*sternly arched eyebrow*

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
And she just did explain, Bugbear. Look above.

(Give me some latitude here, Anabstercorian. Yes, she was going to kill any in her way. But if I hold to that, then Rhynnon is possibly dead, tens of thousands in Rel Mord are dead, and Eclavdra is dead. Not much fun there. I added a new story component at the last second, the Compulsion of the Light.)

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
OOC: Eclavdra most certainly is not radiating good if she's killing people to "rescue" people. Your posts sound definitely CE. Dangerously CE. I'm treating it as such. Furthermore, given the circumstances I don't see how Zagyg and Murlynd have any recourse but to act as, even if you were glowing like the Positive Plane itself, that it was anything more than a ruse and a deception. Eclavdra is a dangerous entity and is most positively the source of most of the troubles in Oerth this day. Killing her will be a mercy to all others.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(chuckles)

Each to their own interpretation, James.
As I said before, she probably isn't coming off as very good to most people ...

What happens to her now is not in my hands, because Rhynnon and his people have captured her.
So, if your people want to kill her, they'll have to take it up with Bugbears' people. They have her.

Bugbear

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Eclavdra, in chains and spell chains, pleads, crying:

Vecna will come.
He will kill us all.
The Sphere is sealed; our souls cannot escape.
He will torture us forever. For all eternity.

I must save my people.
I must give them my strength.
I must make them into true warriors of the Light, like I have become.
Only as warriors of the Light can they win against Vecna.
Only as determined and strong can they win.

They will be lost again to the Dark if I don't help them.
They will be lost again to Lolth if I don't save them.
They will be lost.
Please, you must believe me. You must help me.
Please.
Please!

Rhynnon looks upon her, and feels a twinge of pity. He has some tridrones take her into the hospital, still restrained. There she will be taken care of until she calms down and starts talking in complete sentences. All he physical needs will be taken care of and she will receive the best of care. She will be kept under guard, but the other patients will not be prevented from speaking with her if they so wish.

It's not that Rhynnon doesn't beleve her. He does and he wants to help. It's just that she is dangerously out of contol. I mean just imagine if she had tried this in Aerdi or in the domain of the brotherhood.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Morwel will grasp her head at the cry and immediately leave Aerdi, for Rel Mord.

She appears in Rel Mord in her full glory, every piece of divine and planar power unveiled. If Zagyg and Murlynd's wards prevent her teleporting in she will teleport as close as possible and fly in.

"Eclavdra, in the name of all that is good and free, cease this insanity! Violence is a last resort not a first one! If you wish to see your peope *ASK*. We are trying to aid you and your people, but I believe your current actions will cause nothing but harm. Let the healers tend to them, speak to them as they awaken or as they sleep, do not invade their minds, forcing your will upon them is an act of evil! "

The Miranda Alliance takes all due precautions to prevent any repeat of this taking place in the areas they are watching over.

OOC - Edena, I have trouble believing this is grim good, I'd peg it as Neutral Evil, Eclavdra is willing to kill innocents and willing to invade drow minds. The first is hardly the behaviour of a good being. The second is hardly the action of a chaotic being, except maybe the chaotic evil.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, regardless of what alignment Eclavdra is :) she is under constraint, in the hospital in Rel Mord.

Is anyone going to heed her Greatest Shout, and help the drow in the big way she asked for?

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Miranda Alliance is continuing there efforts to aid the drow in their care and will likewise send small delegations of good clerics, and eladrin (and if we run out of those then some Titans and good aligned fey) to any good, neutral or evil power that will allow them to tend to the drow.

Last edited:

Remove ads