(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

Serpenteye

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
Good, Iuz's priesstesses offer those Black Elves who remained sane asylum under the wing of Iuz. Empire will welcome new ovners of Ex-Drow cities. :D

Not unlike Gallador's vampiric Drow the dark elves in your care recover sooner than most others. The Evil divine energies that were missing, the drug they were withdrawing from, could rather easily be substituted for with Iuz' own Evil. They eagerly devour your dark power, finding it not so different from Lolth's. In time your few scores of thousands of Drow become your most fanatical followers.

Rikandur Azebol said:
*Iuz appeared, and throw bucket of black lilys at Elistraee's feet. She reckognised him, even if he masked himself as mad ex-drow ... of wich Great City is full.*

Have it, and shut up. You got what You wished for ... more Drow. Black Elves living in my Empire, suprising that they weren't affected by lack of Llolth's influence, isn't it ? Don't You know that Hell is paved with good intentions ?!

Elistraee recoils, but recovers. Her eyes full of loathing she laughs at you from beneath her veil. "Charming."
"I have a feeling that those of my siblings you claim as your own will soon desert you. A dozen nations are at this very moment plotting your death, and noone stands to oppose them. The powers of Good are triumphant in diplomacy even as your doomed ally stands triumphant on the field of battle. Our forces are gathering, and soon we will cleanse your evil from the world."
"You have not come to fight me? Believe me, we'll fight soon enough."

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC: Serpenteye, I allow myself to link those two events with Iuz's short conversation with Elistraee. Can I rule that Black Elves from Iuz's Empire are simply too heartless to have any troubles with conflicting emotions ? They are too busy with living "fully" in Drow sense. Most of them are outcast males, rarely females who weren't fitting with image of "Proper Drow Woman". And of course most of them are little insane.

And yes, this is closest Iuz ever stepped towards apologising someone. Elistraee might be shocked. And should. :]

They were hit same as the rest, those of them who worshiped the evil Drow pantheon that is. Those who worshiped you, and those who worshiped no deities, are doing quite well. Fortunately, or unfortunately, there were never many atheist Drow, and the ones who did exist scattered when civilisation collapsed (somewhat richer than before).

Rikandur Azebol said:
IC:
*Iuz sank to his knees, disbelief written all over his face. Then he laughed, painfully ... and it was strange laugh. This laugh have too much dissapointment in itself to be even evil laugh. He gazed in Elistraee's eyes ... and spoke unusually calmly and softly, for him.*

I'm speechless ... she is crazier than You, now. My sympathy for Eclavdra blurred my mind ... and now she choosed madness. Congratulations, You have now fanatic ready to burn the world for it's own good. >sigh<

Okay, if You will need quiet nice spot to think it trough undisturbed and big bucket of fungi vodka, then feel invited. I'm going to mourn my lost frie ... useful ally. But don't tell anybody that I'm not hostile to You anymore !

OOC:
Iuz teleports out in case of any danger. Or, just in case right now. Elistraee could contact him via "godlink", even if she's unable to localize him. Yep, Iuz listen to all prayers spoken with his name, even if only barely notices them.

Elistraee shares your reaction, she senses the scene with painful clarity. As she recovers she simply looks at Iuz wearily.

Rikandur Azebol said:
And Iuz's people know him good. Most faithful allarmed him with their prayers for bloody vengance. Especially for wifebeater-husband, who anyway wasn't that bad ... he was gaining good money in militia and rarely beats children ! And those bloody monks just killed him ! And may cancer twist the face of her best "friend", she thinks that she is preetier. ;)

I remind DM about Iuz's response. :]

ooc:
Consider me reminded ;).

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
It dissapeared in his hands to great suprise of King Rhynnon, along with all tracks of Iuz's divine blood.

ooc:
No it didn't. (You can't just remote-teleport something out of someone elses posession, unless you cast a Word of recall (or similar spell) on your hand before you lost it.) ;)

Anabstercorian said:
(OOC: Does anyone mind if I create a new thread for the TEC Summit? Or would that make things too hard to keep track of?)

Good idea. :)

Melkor said:
Serpenteye, my forces on Gibenei are going into full defense until I have full control over Salitisa`s undeath legions( I assume you will inform me when it happens)-I am attempting to fortify Galion Vool with both magical and mundane means, and I am creating gates to Lord Yaghal`s stronghold so we can help each other if one is attacked( I inform Lord Yaghal that help willl soon arrive from Oerth).

Oh, and I am turning those of my living forces that seem to have broken morale/ are injured into Undeath! ( But not Duergar or Kua-Toa, only the Humanoid scum!)- and best soldiers might be embraced to become Nosferatu( those that gain experience to raise beyond 4th level), this is celebrated as great honor.

And my diviners are desperately trying to find Salitisa!

Your forces pull back, bruised but not beaten. There are a few last clashes, but the enemy does not pursue. The United Alliance of Gnibile hails the news as a great victory and some of the less somber courts hold lavish and bloody celebrations when the news are confirmed. Their forces are regrouped to prepare for future battles and your spies report a significant increase of telepathic messages between nearly all the official capitals of Gnibile.

Your casualties so far in the war is 12 epPL and 110 rPL, but you have gained 60 rPLs of mindless undead.
Your enemies casualties are comparable, but their total loss of rPLs exceeds yours by a nice margin.
-
The attempted convertions of (some of your) troops to undeath fails, for the most part. The drain of negative energy makes the vampires attempting the convertion sluggish and weakened. Some of them develop depressions...

Edena_of_Neith said:
The remaining intact parts of my power are the Yuan-Ti Empire, and the Kingdom of the Ice Elves of Adri Forest.
These two nations both send emissaries to the TEC Summit. Being cautious, they prefer to be seen ... but not heard. A nice way of saying they keep their mouths shut, and don't rock the boat. They agree to the consensus proposals.

Eclavdra remains in the Nyrondese hospital, incapacitated.
The drow of the Great City remain in the Great City, incapacitated.

The humanoids that were servitors seem to now all be under the control of Paxus.

ooc:
And Elistraee is now under your control.

Edena_of_Neith said:
I am going into what I call Quiet Mode (not quite Stealth Mode, but Quiet Mode.)
I won't be posting nearly as often as I was.
I won't be nearly as active in the IR as I was ... unless events as dictated by Serpenteye require action, obviously.
I'm on semi-vacation for the next couple of weeks. I've been On The Job (as it were) in the IR for 2 months, and need a partial rest.
So I'm still here. I'm not gone! Just ... more laid back, more relaxed. More content to watch, to observe, and less quick to jump, to act, to stir up the pot.
Cheers to the 5th IR, my friends, and the new players! :)

I think you deserve a rest. :)

Kalanyr said:
In such a case it is sufficiently far from her nature that she will remain granting spells only to those who are of appropriate alignment.

'k

Kalanyr said:
The Nose and Jawbone will be returned to Ellisterae, hopefully with these and her own healing ability she will be capable of returning to her original appearance.

She will always be scarred, and so will Iuz, but the return of her parts helps.

Anabstercorian said:
Oh, yes, the Crisis Queue. Well, let me put forth that idea.

I propose that each round, along with our Templates, we send in an idea (at least one) for a crisis that could break out in the next turn, requiring action on our parts beyond what we stir up on our lonesome. Serpenteye can then, at his leisure, pick and choose whichever of these crises most strike his fancy and hurl them at us like a mocking god.

Also, everyone should come hang out at the chat room some time. It's an IRC chat room, on server chat.psionics.net, channel #IR. If you don't have an IRC client program, don't worry - google for it and you'll be able to find some freeware whether you use mac, unix, or windows.

A lot of you did just that, but I don't want to formalize it. Another rule will only complicate things.
-
I don't really have time to chat, and I tend to need to consider my reply before I can make any promises about what actions can and can't be made and the what results of those actions would be.

Rikandur Azebol said:
Iuz's Priestesses, of Suel descend, returned to their duties after the hour. I doubt that any ex-drow have big chance of freeing himself/herself from restrains ... but those who managed, are put back in line. :D

True enough. :)

Rikandur Azebol said:
Dunno, with so many Priestesses taking control of Undead attackers and Magi blasting them from afar ? Anyway, wounded badly monsters return to their keenels ... and I send Gallador Undead this time, composition of the army is the same as Mage's Army. And Drelzna return's to the battlefield. She have personal attention of Her God and Brother.

They were blasting right back at you. Also, undead-turning and rebuking is somewhat weakened for clerics of demigods, I'd think.

Rikandur Azebol said:
Thank You Serp.

Thank the dice ;).

Rikandur Azebol said:
And ... unfortunately for anonymous Elder Brother, his fate is in the hands of Iuz. DM stated. And I'm waiting for ranson proposals. :)

That's true.

Rikandur Azebol said:
And what would stop Iuz from teleporting his part back ? :uhoh:

:uhoh: indeed...

(It's not easy to teleport an item from someone elses posession to your own when you're casting the spell from half a continent away.)

Kalanyr said:
"Yes, they are missing. But your mother, not Lolth, told me to look after her children, and I will do this to the best of my ability. Lolth would revel in this chaos and pain, but your true mother loves you. Sleep child, you need to heal. "

(Morwel will back up any words that the drow would not understand like love, with a wave of the appropriate emotion)

"zzz"

Bugbear said:
The hand shall be kept in a secret and seccure location, guarded by wards and enchantments to protect from scrying, teleportation, and other mischief, especially from Iuz.

ooc:
[sblock]Hmm... so no God-flesh Golem then... ;) [/sblock]

Uvenelei said:
I bet the safest place would be at the end of one of your wrists. Plus, you probably get some kind of nifty bonus for attaching the severed hand of a demigod to yourself, or so I'm told.

Either that, or attach it to your eye socket.
Wait, no, that's not right... nevermind.

Or your neck...

Airwhale said:
Anyone expressing this to the thousands of burocrats setting up shop in the Sulhut mountains is likely to be disappointed. While the people are free, and labor is not forced, the land does belong to the government of ginsel. Due to the potentially hostile powers surrounding these mountains, the government (i.e. Ranzwick) truly does believe that the mountains would fall quickly if not unified under the Ginsel flag. A propaganda campaign is started, to drive this home to the people of the Mountain region. Pictures of elves, orcs, dwarves, gnomes, goblins, and humans all fighting together against potential hostiles such as Veneca, hoards of drow, giant red dragons, etc. Underneath the pictures are slogans such as "Oerth is in a state of turmoil... only by standing together can we protect ourselves from those who would harm us."

20 elite pls from the navy of ginsel and the free traders are assisting in this conversion

The people are quite intimidated by your display of power, and some are even enthusiastic about their new government.

Kalanyr said:
OOC - Since the boards will be going down and will be locked for these forums when they come back up I recommend we move this to

Bugbear's Bugboards
http://p078.ezboard.com/bbugboards2

We can create 2 threads in general discussion there to continue this. I have copies of the IR threads to teh immediate momement (or am getting them currently). And will post them there when the ezboard maintenance finishes.

I'll take a look at your posts there, copy-paste them, and reply to them in this thread.

Edena_of_Neith said:
She asks if Eilistraee would accept her reverence and worship?

Does Elistraee accept? ;)

Bugbear said:
However we do require the Empire of Eclavdor to pay for the cost of repairing the damage caused by the battle.

The damage was minor, all things considered. Approximately equal to 0,5 rPL.

William Ronald said:
(OOC: We seem to be back online.)

Al'Akbar, after leaving Rel Mord, returns to Ekbir. The clergy of main faiths, including priests of Moradin, Garl Glittergold, Yondalla, Heironeous, Pelor, Saint Cuthbert, Wee Jas, Lendor and many others ask to meet with the demigod. Their common concerns are why have Oerth and all of Greyspace has been isolated from the rest of the multiverse and why have they lost contact with their gods.

"I do not know what has happened on the other planes. I believe the gods set up the barrier around Greyspace to protect us from invasion from those forces attacking the planes. It is my hope that one day you shall all hear from your gods."

"Until such time, I am granting spells to those whose philosophical outlooks parallel those of my own clergy. I do this to honor your deities. I have high regard for them and their teachings. I will not require any priest to convert to my worship. However, if any chose to worship me, let them do so out of free will. I have welcomed people of many lands and many races to my faith and my clergy."

"Let me say a few words on behalf of some of your gods. Heironeous is brave, as is his brother Hextor. Perhaps as we speak, the fight side by side against those who would threaten our world. The courage, compassion, and wisdom of the dwarven gods led by Moradin, the gnomish pantheon led by Garl Glittergold, and the halfling gods led by Yondalla are reknowned. I respect the Suel deities Lendor, Wee Jas, and many others. Indeed, they have temples in the lands of my allies, the League of Athyr and Greater Nyrond."

"In this time of crises, I believe that all those of good will should stand together. Indeed, all Oerth and Greyspace should stand against the Whispered One and others who would bring us to ruin. My mullahs and qadis will treat the clergy of all neutral and good clergy as allies. Similarly, we will treat the worshippers of those neutral and good deities who are not present on Oerth or Greyspace with respect and friendship."

"The only exception I make to my gift is that of the Hopping Prophet. (OOC: Wastri.) While I respect the intelligent amphibian races, I disagree with the Hopping Prophets declaration that elves, dwarves, halflings, and gnomes should be exterminated while orcs, bullywugs, and goblins exist only to be slaves. I have no use for bigotry."

"Instead, I think that all the peoples of Oerth and Greyspace should work together. What should matter is the content of one's character, not one's race, gender, nation, or culture. I am honored to have priests of many human cultures, as well as those of other races. In my view, those societies that have worked to include people of many races as full members, such as Orcreich and the Khanates or the Malkuvah Baklunim, the Baklunish Empire, have benefitted from the diverse views and skills of their citizens."

The people of the Bakluni Empire should be proud of their leader, and they are. The clergies in your territory, which were originally sceptical to Al'akbar's supremacy, begin to rely on his wisdom. The people still pray to their old Gods, but some also mention you in their prayers.

William Ronald said:
Al'Akbar continues his dialogue with the drow and the elven peoples.

"In the future, I believe we have many perils and opportunities. There is the risk that nation will war against nation, while our common foes plot against us. This is folly, as these foes could take advantage of these wars for their benefit and our ruin."

"However, there is much to be said for understanding and cooperation. I promised Vesharess Eclavdra when I first returned to Oerth that I would stand with her against those who would bring ruin upon all. Furthermore, I promised Eclavdra that I would ensure that even if the drow were overcome, I would ensure that at least some of her people would survive."

"While there are many with whom I disagree on important issues, I can still respect their abilities. We can build a better future, one that honors the sacrifices of our forebears and is held in trust for our posterity. There are many who have fought side by side, and many who will fight side by side for the first time in defense of what they love."

"There are great changes occuring in our time. The changes that the drow are going though is but one of them. The drow are rediscovering a part of their nature they forgot. To aid them in this change, I will show them and you some of the things they have forgotten as I first experienced them."

The drow and others see, in a way that does not hurt their vision, the beauty of the heavens. "These are the stars of Greyspace, at the outermost limit of the Crystal Sphere."

The drow see an overview of Greyspace from the edge of the Crystal Sphere. "These are the worlds of Greyspace, of which you can learn more. Many are places of great beauty and wonder, home to life and civilizations."

Next, the drow see the image of the moons Luna and Celene in their beauty. "These are the moons of Oerth. The large moon is Luna and the smaller moon is Celene."

Next, the drow and others see a mostly round globe. It has blue seas, land masses with the colors of forests, deserts, and plains. The world's ice caps can be seen by those watching the scene, as can the clouds above the surface of the world. "Behold Oerth as seen from a distance. Our beautiful world, home to many diverse peoples and cultures, is shown in its true beauty."

The drow and others also see some of the beautiful sights of Oerth, from waterfalls, to coastlines, to the stark beauty of the deserts to the verdant wonders of the jungles and forests. They also see the city of Ekbir, where people of many races are engaged in trade, commerce, and in living as a community.

"We must ensure that the beauty and wonder of Oerth and all of Greyspace is preserved. Life is precious, found in a variety of forms that can amaze even the keenest intellect. I believe that all sentience is akin in a great family of Being. All of us are voices in a chorus, unique and valuable but capable of so much more in convert with others."

"You are loved by many, who have risked much for you. You should remember that your lives have value in and of themselves. Though you have faced great losses, you can only begin to guess at your true potential for strength and goodness. Some of you have never experienced love or forgivenes. There are many kinds of love."

For the first time, the drow sense the type of love that elven children have for their parents.
They sense the love of elven siblings for each other, the passion of youth, the devotion of a married couple, the love of parents for children, and the love of the individual for the community and the love of the community for the individual.

"Many other races have similar feelings. Although there are differences between races and cultures, I believe what unites us is ultimately more important and powerful than what divides us. When societies isolate themselves from others, they seem to inevitably suffer. However, those cultures that work with others, and have learned to even accept members of other races into their society. In the Baklunish Empire, people of many races have long been fully accepted as citizens in society. Ultimately, the best standard to judge others on is the content of their character. Goodness and compassion are found in many cultures, many philosophies, many shapes and many forms. Remember that you are loved and are not alone. I believe that all peoples can build a future worthy of our true potential as sentient beings. Reach out for the hand of friendship, and step into the Light of a new dawn."

For the first time, the drow see the sun rising out of the sea, bringing light to a darkened land.

Most of them are unable to believe in the visions you show them, but the healing continues.

Kalanyr said:
OOC - Clarification, Morwel already stated she would extend her aid to any clerics of appropriate alignment who wish it (CG,CN,NG) (no strings attached). . However acts she cannot approve of (evil or lawful) will result in the revocation of access.

Ok.

Airwhale

First Post
Rikandur Azebol said:
And ... unfortunately for anonymous Elder Brother, his fate is in the hands of Iuz. DM stated. And I'm waiting for ranson proposals.

Shoulden't that be "his fate is in the hand of Iuz"? :p

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(It seems I can post again. :) )

Everyone, please note that Eilistraee is now my NPC.

Serpenteye, Eilistraee (if Morwel gives permission: Kalanyr, up to you) is going to bathe in the Evergold.
Eilistraee was scarred in battle with another demipower, and it would appear no normal magic is ever going to erase the scarring. But the Evergold is not mortal magic: it is divine magic. The deities of beauty (and love, passion, and other things) share this pool, in the Court of Stars, and it maintains their beauty. I'm hoping it will erase Eilistraees' scarring, which I consider very unfortunate.

Morwel has given Eclavdra permission to bathe in the Evergold. (Kalanyr gave his ok) I need to know what effect the Evergold would have on a mere mortal who fully bathed in it's waters.

Also note that Morwel (as per Kalanyrs perrmission) and her eladrin people are giving sips of the Evergold to the drow laying stricken in the Court of Stars (now temporarily known as the Hospice of Stars.)
Hopefully, this will further improve their situation.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
This is a direct cut and paste of an e-mail I sent to Serpenteye.
Serpenteye requested I place this on the board, so I have done so, without editting the text:

Since I now control Eilistraee, I am having her IMMEDIATELY take action.

The drow are being moved to the Court of Stars (which everyone has renamed the Hospice of Stars.)

Eilistraee is putting forth her FULL power to aid the drow there.
EVERYTHING is going into that. Nothing into anything else.

This is the chance to break her people away from Araunshees' legacy and Vhaerauns' corruption forever, and she is moving to do so. For 20,000 years she has awaited this chance, and she is not wasting it.

Drow who are not making it through Withdrawal she puts in stasis, if necessary. She lengthens the Withdrawal process for others, if they need more time, and if it would help them. Think of a doctor working 24 hours a day during some sort of natural disaster that has left tens of thousands of injured and wounded people, but in this case with divine endurance - endurance that never lessens and a person who never tires.
That is Eilistraee.

Eilistraees' answer is unique to Eilistraee, as per the Canon. She mixes love, mercy, caring, and kindness with strictness, discipline, obedience, and gentle demands. She is very much like a mother (not a matron mother, but a mother) is this regard. Think of the clergy of Eilistraee. They are a peaceful group by the tenets of Eilistraee, until provoked - and then they are like a group of angry hornets, until the threat is eliminated. Meet peace with peace. Meet violence with total, overwhelming, violence.

Eilistraee does NOT go to the TEC Summit. That inane babble of diplomats is absolutely irrelevant to her. Her PEOPLE are what is relevant, and NOTHING else counts. (If obsession = flashlight, Eilistraees' obsession in this matter = the sun.)

(Please remember Eilistraee is chaotic good, and quite strongly good. The daughter of Corellon, she has been a staunch champion of good since the beginning.
What does 'good' mean? I define it as CHERISHING THE VALUE OF LIFE. If it's quality of life, length of life, beauty in life, freedom from pain in life, the lives of others, the lives of children, expression of life, self actualization in life, anything to do with life, then it's special and it should be cherished and it should be supported.
Taking life away is painful, it is undesirable, it is sad, and it is not something done lightly. This is called ethics. In the case of 'good' it goes beyond ethics and becomes a mystical thing. If Luke Skywalker had killed Darth Vader, the taking of that life would have doomed Luke Skywalker. His refusal to do so saved him from becoming the next Sith. That's what I mean by the mystical, beyond the merely ethical. And you can bet Eilistraee - gently but firmly - makes this point to her people.)

James Heard

Explorer
OOC: SE, since Ellistrae is now controlled by a player Zagyg is immediately taking his divine "boost" back. I don't have any good reason for such, but if I'd had any indication whatsoever that the NPC would fall under a PC control I'd have never helped her out at all. I can afford to be a nice, sweet gnome to NPCs - but players? If that kills her then I'm not going to shed any tears either- and if there's some sort of contest about my action I'm immediately assaulting Ellistrae with all available forces to get it back - Elite and Epic, including all artifacts. I won't pull any punches, but I'm not going to be there to do anything but murder the deity to regain my presumably stolen essence.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Morwel will lend Ellistrae 1 epic PL until such a time as she heals, to allow Zagyg to recover his essence without any trouble.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - I need to think of a suitable price, in character price, for Ellistrae, Edena , and I need to go and get my new computer now, so I'll make a nice elegant post when I came back.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO JAMES

Eilistraee promptly gives back the 1 Epic PL of aid granted her by Zagyg, along with her heartfelt thanks for the support.

-

TO KALANYR

Eilistraee is VERY grateful to Morwel for this gift. She continues her work on the stricken drow, but she is going to ever be the staunch ally and friend of Morwel, from this point on forward into indefinite time.

-

TO ALL INTERESTED:

Concerning Aliador:

The people of Aliador maintain numerous cities, which consist of tens of thousands of trees. The elves live within the Spiritheart of these trees (see the description of Aliador) in great chambers and passages of living wood.

Here are some notable cities of Aliador:

Varna, Capital City of Aliador: Population 250,000
Vhandor, Fortress City of the West: Population 140,000
Vhurrenlirra, City of Joy: Population 101,000
Veillanna, City of Adamant: Population 97,000
Vallenthrann: City of Quietude: Population 88,000
Varrendor: City of Silver: Population 74,000
Vhurranorra: City of the Sun: Population 71,000
Velreith: City of Flowers: Population 68,000
Velnorra: City of the Moon: Population 65,000
Varanaith: City of Magic: Population 57,000
Vindar: City of Melding: Population 55,000
Villanoth: City of Sorcery: Population 54,000
Vedgron: City of Granite: Population 52,000
Vlothnor: City of Green Towers: Population 50,000
Vonnouth: City of Flowing Waters: Population 49,000
Villanor: City of Singing Waters: Population 47,000
Vhonluin: City of Lace: Population 45,000
Varmandor: City of the Seldarine: Population 44,000
Vhurluin: City of Secrets: Population 42,000
Vindleleith: City of Leaves: Population 41,000
Montrose: City of Mingling: Population 41,000
Vhurra: City of the Hawthorn: Population 40,000
Vinnluin: City of the Stars: Population 38,000
Vhaelon: City of the Bards: Population 37,000
Virralea: City of Song: Population 36,000
Verragont: City of the Mountains: Population 34,000
Calrose: City of the Spires: Population 32,000
Virra: City of the Telepaths: Population 31,000
Varluin: City of Mithril: Population 29,000
Vonna: City of Adamant: Population 25,000
Vindleleath: City of Spires: Population 23,000
Vondor: City of Roses: Population 21,000

Currently, every one of these cities is in a full state of readiness. Elves by the hundreds of thousands, men and women, youths and maids, have their spells, swords, and bows ready.
In Varna itself, in the capital, the city is a sea of swords, shields, armor, defensive preparations, and elves working busily to build further defenses, both mundane and magical.

The Armies of Aliador have also deployed along the borders of the Theocracy of the Pale to protect it.
The Armies of the Theocracy of the Pale have mobilized and moved to the borders also.
Great forces from Aliador have been deployed to Ratik to protect it, and all of Ratiks small army is mobilized.
Aliador has also sent sizeable contingents to the Lendore Isles, to protect them, and the elves of those isles have mobilized into full war readiness.

The Guardians - the Norns, Nymphs, and other mighty beings that have always been the protectors of Aliador - have moved into secret positions across the region.

Likewise, the faerie of Aliador have readied themselves. Quite a potent force themselves, albeit small in numbers, they are waiting for the expected onslaught.

-

The first few drow, having survived the Withdrawal and become good in alignment, are showing up in Aliador. (I have Serpenteyes' direct permission on this matter.)
The good drow are starting to trickle in. Why Aliador? Who knows?
Perhaps it is the uniquely tolerant attitude of the elves of Aliador. Perhaps it is the prospect of the Reunification of the Elves, which if it happens would be a world shaking event that would topple forever the deific structure of elvenkind. Perhaps it is because Eclavdra desires it. Perhaps Eilistraee is asking it. Perhaps the good drow seek a welcome in the Surface World they think only Aliador can grant. Perhaps ... the drow feel as threatened as the elves by the current state of events in Greyspace. Who knows?
Some of these drow venerate Morwel. Some venerate Eilistraee. Many venerate Al'Akbar. Some are lawful good, some neutral good, and some chaotic good. Some are peaceful, some temperamental. Some are cheerful, some are morbid. They are as varied in personality as the elves themselves.
But ...
They all seem to have one thing in common now with their elven brethren: an extreme reluctance and loathing to harm their own kind (and elves now count as their own kind) and a feeling of joy and closeness, emotional sustenance and strength, that comes from being around those of their own kind (which means in this case, elves of all kinds and colors.)
There is something the Good Drow have their their elven counterparts do not seem to have: a primordial savagery and ferocity that even the Withdrawal could not tame ... a primordial fierceness that has yet to express itself in battle against a foe that would harm them or the elves. Fortunately for said theoretical foe, this primordial battle fury and savagery has not yet revealed itself. (Think of Eclavdra when she was in her berserk state and almost levelled half of Rel Mord, before the Compulsion of the Light stopped her. Now, think of a MILLION Eclavdras, on the battlefield, with NO Compulsion of the Light to stop them since the enemy insisted on attacking and harming their people, their families, and their children.)

There are a lot of drow going through Withdrawal in the Hospice of Stars. Far, far more than a million.
And the first few are recovered, have become good, and they are all heading to Aliador. Every last one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases