• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron DM 2010 Discussion Thread

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I was actually slightly worried about posting a non-D&D adventure since I don't remember seeing one before I posted the Tannhauser Effect. Maybe they were there and I missed one from last year, but part of my research time was rereading the initial thread to see if non-D&D adventures were allowed!

CNN, looks like you do the same thing I do when I get ingredients; break down each one into individual words and find as many different denotations (and connotations) as possible for each, then play with ways of combining them. Having a decently broad and deep understanding of what you can do with each ingredient is key, in my experience.

Wik

First Post
Ready for my turn! I can see you've saved the best for last! It's gonna be AWESOME!

...provided I don't get stuck with super weird ingredients. But hey, what're the odds of THAT happening, right?

;)

ajanders

Explorer
Oh man.

931 pm exactly.

That was not easy.

Allenchan, I didn't even take time to read yours yet, but I know mine's kind of incomprehensible.
Definitely looking forward to seeing what you did with the Dark God's direty dishes and the underwater path...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Interesting set of ingredients in the latest round! I don't envy the contestants (well, actually, I do, cos they're still in the competition and I'm not! ;) )
Well, you never know. If a Round 2 contestant has to bow out, we will have our first-ever Wild Card round...which could give you another shot at the title!
In a Wild Card round, all losing contestants from the previous round will compete against each other in a single, winner-take-all match. They will be given at least 48 hours' notice of the event, by private message, and the match will proceed at the scheduled time no matter what. (We aren't going to wait to hear back from everyone.)

On the day of the match, six brand-new ingredients will be provided at the pre-determined day and time, and all contestants will have 24 hours to complete an adventure, side-trek, or encounter.

All three judges will read the submissions, and will consult with one another to select a single winner. They will not critique and review every singe entry; they will merely name the winner and possibly say a few words about how they reached their decision. The entry they select will advance to the next round, in place of the player who had to resign.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
I'm looking for my set of ingredients, and haven't seen them yet. I have a few things to do tonight, so I probably won't be able to get started on them now until around 9 pm PST. Just giving the head's up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads