IRON DM 2021 Tournament

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I always forget that westerners have a very different cultural baggage. When I was discussing the stuff I write with my wife, we got into a heated debate about GSC's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. videogame series and Пикник на обочине (I don't have a single clue if it was translated to English and if it was, how it was called) which inevitably led to discussing Tarkovskiy's Stalker, which led to discussing Solaris and the original Lem's novel. The fact that someone had to Google what noosphere is reminded me about the differences

And then there's a dichotomy between karamat and istidraj, but that's a whole other theological tangent I'm not wiiling to delve into drunk.

You have to remember that the vast majority of us have no idea what Герой нашего времени is, let alone would be able to recognize an allusion to it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You have to remember that the vast majority of us have no idea what Герой нашего времени is, let alone would be able to recognize an allusion to it.

You also never know what we might catch, so don't let it stop you. (@loverdrive) Just keep it in mind.

I'm probably not as well educated as a lot of people here (I dropped out of college at 19 to own my own comic and game store). And I haven't actually done a lot of writing. But I live and breathe stories. Telling stories is what I'm all about.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You also never know what we might catch, so don't let it stop you. (@loverdrive) Just keep it in mind.

I'm probably not as well educated as a lot of people here (I dropped out of college at 19 to own my own comic and game store). And I haven't actually done a lot of writing. But I live and breathe stories. Telling stories is what I'm all about.

Don't feel bad. I'm so oblivious, I couldn't catch a cold.

To quote my mom, "Snarf, you couldn't spell cat if I spotted you the 'c' and the 'a.'"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I can read cirilic, but I don't get the meyning of every word. Picnic is obvious. Našeg vremena (our time) too.

And Lem has great stories :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Waiting for my ingredients. . .

up to something plotting GIF

Wicht

Hero
As he waited, he recited the old Iron DM mantra he had been taught. "I must not anticipate. Anticipation is the ingredient killer. Anticipation is the stifling death that hinders the creative process. I will accept the ingredients only as they are given. I will permit the ingredients to flow into me and through me. And when the ingredients have gone past, I will turn the creative eye to see their path. Where the ingredients have gone there will be an adventure. Only an adventure will remain."

Rune

Once A Fool
Round 2, Match 1: Wicht vs el-remmen

@Wicht and @el-remmen, you have 48 hours to post your entries to this thread. Please limit your entry to a title, a list of the ingredients used and 1500 additional words. Be aware: if you include descriptions of your ingredients with the ingredients list, those descriptions will count against your word-limit! Entries that exceed their word-limits will be considered to end once they reach that limit; everything after will be ignored.

The judges will be using Wordcounter.net to ensure that our counts are consistent.

Please include your list of ingredients at the beginning of the entry and please do not edit your post once it is submitted. Please refrain from reading your opponent's entry until after you have posted your own. You are on your honor to do so.

Entries that are between 1 and 59 minutes late will have their word-limits reduced to 1350. Later entries that are at less than 1 day late will have their word-limits reduced to 1050. Entries that are at least 1 day late will have their word-limits reduced to 750. Entries that are at least 2 days late may be disqualified at the discretion of the judge with consent from the match's opposing competitor.

Your ingredients are:

Slippery Slope
Morale Check
Limbless Beast
Heavy Crown
Subpar Hero
Vanished Behemoth
Tomorrow’s Match

Remove ads