• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I can barely feel the weather in here." said Loosh, "And that Minotaur's axe ruffled my sails, I won't lie.

OOC: Only one slot left, which I plan to use to heal Giana if she pops out of wolf form. I could use a long rest. But I will save it if we think we can only get a short rest.

eayres33

Explorer
Eight hours pass quietly as the sentries notice no movement. The sentry on the unexplored side of the cave notices that the corridor slopes down at irregular angles and reeks of dampness. The walls are jagged and covered with sharp stone barbs. Mossy growths spread across the floor and walls, old bones lying pale against the dark moss.

GM:
There is dim light the first thirty feet of this corridor and then either darkvision or lights/torches must be used.
Everyone gets the benefit of a long rest.

SunGold

First Post
Corsa stands up and stretches, a bit stiff after a night on the cavern floor. She'd slept worse places, but just barely.

As her allies prepare to move, she takes a torch from her pack and lights it.

OOC: We gonna be stuck single-file, or is the tunnel wider than that?

Either way, perception for when we enter it:

Perception: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
(OOC: players who need healing etc should state what they are doing before we run in something bad).

Lal nods as Corsa as he does a few basic exercises from his homeland. "Back at the Monastery we would train with a gada, a 25 pound club. After that, an axe feels like a reed..." He looked at Flint and rubbed his beard "... maybe..."

"So, do you want me in the front or in the back?"

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint had been snoring while he was asleep, but quiet enough. When he wakes, it is with a start.

”What, what?... oh, wait. The caves,” he mutters as he gets his bearings.

The dwarf glances over at Vin, checking to see if the elf is alright, before looking over the rest of his allies. When Corsa looks back, Flint grins guiltily and winks.

Getting up, the dwarf quickly moves his arms, legs and head, loosening his muscles. He grabs his possessions, gearing up as he walks over to Lal. Holding up the minotaur’s greataxe, Flint’s question is obvious.

”Do we have time?”

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

As the rest of the group starts to stir Harb allows his focus to stray from his watch. He looks around with a scrunched up face, as if trying to find something or orient himself.

Eventually finding what he decides is East, or as close to it as he can figure, he kneels for his morning prayers.

Rising and rubbing his stiff neck. "Dark halls for dark deeds. I wonder how the runners we sent to the capital are fairing? No matter, I can move to the front if you like. Torchlight is going to make going unnoticed less of a concern so the noise I will doubtlessly make will not be a burden."

SunGold

First Post
OOC: It'd be great if the tunnel is wide enough for more than one person up front, but if not, I still think having the PC with the highest Perception up front is best. She's pretty mobile thanks to Cunning Action and Fancy Footwork, so if we encounter anything in tight spaces, she can duck away and let Harb do his thing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Up early to get in an hour's prayer, Loosh finds it difficult to commune with Gozreh while being so far from the flow of weather. Eventually he discovers that even here, underground, there are natural currents of air that carry just enough of Gozreh's influence for him to find his centre. He prays, and the air-currents circle around the encampment, temporarily diluting the dank stench of Trog, replacing it with a vague smell of the sea.

"Let's go make sure this place is empty so we can send for the people." He says, getting up, and the end of his boarding pike glows with a bright light, which he points forward.

OOC: Light, the cantrip

SunGold

First Post
OOC: Hah, I just noticed Giana has even better Perception than Corsa. Curse the trash stats I rolled!

I kinda hate to waste the nat 20 Perception roll, but if Giana wants to take up the lead I will not object. :)

eayres33

Explorer
The room is still with two stalactites hanging from the ceiling, one 20 feet into the tunnel and the other 30 feet in.

Corsa notices that there is a large blood stain under the first stalactite and that there are what appears to be fresher bones close to each stalactite.

GM:
The corridor changes in width from time to time but at no time is it less than 10 feet wide so you can go two wide. Corsa’s perception check will stand whether she goes first or not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads