• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint grabs his gut with one hand and holds up his axe defensively with the other, as he takes a few steps back. The dwarf grimaces as he puts some distance between himself and the wight that hurt him badly.

OOC: Flint can't take another such hit, so he Disengages and moves to G3.

eayres33

Explorer
The wight falls to the ground and returns once again to the realm of the dead.

GM:
A quick look around shows that the wight looks old it’s armor has been aged over time, the armor on the zombies looks new, and they still have sword sheaths on their belts. One has a quiver on its back.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-Elf Paladin

Harb looks at the weapons and armor on the body of the wight with disgust, then to the bodies of the zombies. "We don't have time to bury them before dark but we should take the weapons and armor for the townspeople."

Has gaze moves to the cabin"We are running out of daylight. We should check the cabin, this place doesn't feel safe but that might at least be defensible. Who wants to go in with me? Flint, let me help with some of those wounds."

OOC: If flint takes me up on the offer 5HP from my Lay on Hands pool

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Flint cannot deny that Harb's healing touch is very welcome.

"Thanks," the dwarf says softly. He breathes deeply for a moment, enjoying the air in his lungs.

"Let's check the inside. You and me take point," the former captain tells Harb, "Someone cover us!"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal saw the undead finally fall, and broke out of his trance. It was a strange feeling - he could think clearer while in combat than outside... which was a disturbing thought. Surely wisdom did not lie in mayhem... or did it?

Lal noded to Flint and Harb.

"Right. I'll keep an eye on the rear of the cabin and the shoreline" Lal moved forward to J15, trusting the others to cover the other angles. It was good to have solid companions... and that mail shirt didn't hurt either.

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Assuming that the door is still on the cabin Moving to either G or E 11 which ever one is the side with the door hinges, if the door isn't up still than... well I feel silly
Perception check [roll]1d20+3[roll] Of course why wouldn't I mess up the code.
Perception roll at the wights cabin: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16

Harb brings his shield up, laying the flat of his blade over it as he slowly approaches the cabin, once he and Flint are in position next to the cabin he uses his sword to gently push the door open and peer in, looking for any signs of life or trouble.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loosh follows to the cabin, trusting that they will look for threats from that direction, while he looks for threats from the water.

Passive Perception 14

eayres33

Explorer
In inside of the cabin is clean, and all the draws and cabinets are still shut. There does appear that there was a struggle as several of the chairs are overturned and the table is broke in two, like if a person was thrown onto it.

GM:
Besides the above Harb notices nothing else except a small amount of blood, the blood looks a few days old.

Remove ads