• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution (Thread II)

Knight Otu

First Post
I'll post my final claims now:

I addition to:
* Yabanjin Mura (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
* Duro Owari (Village) PL 1 : IR 1

Isawa Akahita (Male Shu7/Void Disciple7) PL 1
Shiba Temuro (Male Sam5/Shiba Protector5) PL 1 - Isaka Akahita's yojimbo

Asako Toshi (Male Inkyo 12) PL 1 - daimyo of the Asako
Agasha Hamanari (Male Shu10) PL 1 - daimyo of the Agasha

I'll also claim
* Morikage (City) PL 3 : IR 4

And the custom NPC
Cho'tchac'chek (male Nezumi Sor7/Ratling Shaman7) - PL 1

I'll post a backstory later this week.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Allright, but all I have right now is Oriental Adventures. If Black Omega can work with me (maybe through email) on those ancestral feats turned into IR stats, I'll have something sometime.

It's going to take me a few hours to sort out the lists if I go through everyone's posts, because there are errors in everyone's slots now (I must a' dun sumthin wrong!).

I'm going to basically start over on the lists real quick and use everyone's most recent claims list they have provided me with. Should only take an hour. Then I can figure out what to do about a PL cap, to get it set straight.

Creamsteak

Explorer
To Forsaken One, and basically everybody else, but mostly him...

Ignore any PL listed on the lists right now. Give me that hour I'm asking for to get back here with a pretty newified list. Your claims will still be on it, and mostly the same -but the big difference will be that I will have gotten rid of about 40 errors in it.

I don't care about the PL listing but that got dropped, I don't care abit about that, I got more worried out the IR rating drop plummeted from 50 to not much and some other got IR ratings over 20 and those stayed that way.

So don't know is that sort of stuff is the errors you are referring to, is so I'll just shut up now and wait and see what comes uit =]

PC *Unknown: Mika (Unknown Uknown?) PL ? (Will become clear during IR)

NPC *Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 1 NPC
NPC *Centipede Clan Leader: Moshi Juiko (Female Shugenja 17) PL 2
NPC *Wasp Clan Champion and Leader: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Fighter 6/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 5) PL 1

--------

Mantis Clan
* Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL ?? : IR ??
* Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL ?? : IR ??
* Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL ?? : IR ??
* Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Centipede Clan
* Isaru Province PL 5 : IR 1

Mantis / Wasp Clan
* Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1

--------

Kyuden Gotei (Palace Mantis) PL 6 : IR 4
Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace Wasp) PL 7 : IR 5
Toshi no Inazuma (City of Lightning) PL 4 : IR 5
Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Daidoji Yukan-se (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
Koutetsukan (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Shaiga (Village (not on the list)) PL 1 : IR 1
Tokigogachu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede (not on the list)) PL 2 : IR 2

Lichtenhart

First Post
Ancestor feat are a great idea! Mine will be this:
STRONG SOUL [ANCESTOR]
You claim descent from Moto Soro, the simple peasant who
earned his place among samurai and founded the Moto family.
Clan: Unicorn.
Benefit: You get a +1 bonus on all Fortitude and Will saves
and an additional +1 bonus against energy draining and
death effects.

Questions

Can you boost the PL of your palaces, cities, villages, castles or whatever to a certain level if you have PL to spare?

And can I put down just another city if I have PL to spare or do we have to stick we the towns that exist?

And can we use the PL not used to create special legions or armies like the elemental legions ect.

--------

Lichtenheart, I suggest we let the DM and BO choose what specials we get if we get them at all. It's more fun to give some stuff out of hand and let the DM deal with it and make it up. Some people should get better stuff then others and it's fun to see what you get.

We shouldn't all pick for ourselvesbut let the DM handle certain stuff so it isn't perfect what we got or it could be better or sometimes such as with those specials we are inclined or forced to change the path we walk or where we fight our battles. And not the way we would have liked to see it. But we have to adapt and be creative. I really would hate to see if we all got what we wanted and that we could all make up our own stuff.

I'd like to see alot like to specials come from Creamy and Omega. Give it out of hand and see what you get and what stuff you find and discover during the IR, all in hand of the DM. The unexpected and the surprising make it the fun it is.

All improvising and adapting and if the DM does it right... it almost never goes the way you wanted to see it go and you never reach your goals to 100%... at least not at the time and moment you planned it. Will keep you sharp and creative and always be aware of more way to your goal then one. The weaker get filtered out this way and the strongest remain, unless some people stick together. But some very strong people make it alone like we saw in the IR. And if you think something is unbalanced or someone is clearly going to win... don't mension it and just wait. Everything has a counterpart and it always works out... in some insane way. But they always do. DM's are FULL of surprises and brilliant plots and turns... especially those capable or running a good IR and I have the fullest of confidence O' Creamy One is capable. I respect his enthusiasm and dedication VERY much and I will support him whenever whereever in this endavor.

Last edited:

IMPORTANT TO ALL PLAYERS

I suggest you al REALLY read up on Rokugan Etiquette and how certain things are done. Because I for instance am gonna play by them IC and the flavor it will give appeals to me since it's very charactaristic for this setting.

So if you'd like to deal with me IC. Get your etiquette right or you might insult me..... :)

So if we are all gonna do some correct IC playing and that kinda stuff, get your etiquette right and the way you greet and give gifts for example.

Lichtenhart

First Post
creamsteak said:
Here is what I want players to do,

Pick out a viable Ancestor feat related to your clan, that you want to be converted into an IR bonus. For instance, the Crab have that Power Attack Shadowlands type skill. You could point that one out to me, and I might give the whole Clan a +1/+1 bonus against the Shadowlands.

Sorry, I thought it was what Creamsteak asked us.

About etiquette... You know, Unicorns are rather barbarians...:p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads