(IRR) The Rokugan IR Turn 0 (OOC Thread)

Yes you missed something :/ I kinda redid my army and some claims but appearantly that mail never arrived (Arghhhh) so don't blame yourself. Seems hotmail is refusing to let you receive my mails, this has happened before. (My redone claims put me at 58 custom PL so that would have gotten messy)

But that IR being way off kinda sucks, hmmm, there goes my growth :/ What you are changing now makes the clans with most territory most powerfull and that kinda sucks since the gap will keep getting bigger and bigger since they can grow faster and are already larger when we start. That they are larger ok.. but that some clans are gonna gain PL almost double as fast from armies and territory as me and posible some other clans is kinda awkward.

But you haven't filled in my last 16 PL on which I did email you... so this list seems fine then... if you fill my last 16 PL on which I emailed you.

With the last 16 PL filled in.. I'm 40 IR over the max IR possible to have of custom PL.... outch. So I'm gonna have to take a look what to seriously cut down and try to have a decent PL growth per turn.

And I wasnt talking abuot getting reduced to 50 PL, my redone list but my redone list would have had appearantly around 30 PL ro much and my custom IR would have been off the scale but that won't be a prob now anymore.. just a way to find out where I'm gonna get my 40PL or more to ditch from... *crunch crunch*

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:

But that IR being way off kinda sucks, hmmm, there goes my growth :/ What you are changing now makes the clans with most territory most powerfull and that kinda sucks since the gap will keep getting bigger and bigger since they can grow faster and are already larger when we start. That they are larger ok.. but that some clans are gonna gain PL almost double as fast from armies and territory as me and posible some other clans is kinda awkward.

Don't tell me you don't think you can overcome a simple gap in Power Levels? I know your better than that. I know you can win without the largest army, and I'm confident the same applies to everyone in the IR. You can have a little more than 20% if it's absolutely necessary (though an explanation is sorta a prerequisite), but the Custom IR has to stay minimal. No more than 8 territories at IR 1. No more than 4 areas with IR 5.

And I don't know why hotmail is messing up for you to send messages to me, I don't seem to have the problem with anyone else.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
What you are changing now makes the clans with most territory most powerfull and that kinda sucks since the gap will keep getting bigger and bigger since they can grow faster and are already larger when we start.

Relax Forsaken, you're not as bad off as you might think. The Mantis rule the seas, your islands are unassailable. As long as you can guarantee the balance of power between the alliances on the mainland you will remain safe. Noone will attack you as their first hand option, everybody has closer threats to deal with. Noone will bother building a great navy while they have continental enemies to fight. You can devote almost your full power to increase your IR and PL (and you have a very nice bonus for that purpose).
Remember also that you have another unique advantage over most of us. You know several of the other players in real life. The Dutch Alliance has been of great use to you in the past, it could easily serve you again.
In summary; your strategical position could not be better. In time you will grow to threaten us all.

That it why would I wanna threaten anybody, were in a friggin same empire the real enemy is to the south and wants to taint us all so lets start and worry about that first... :)

And I know 80% of you is thinking I'm allying with the shadowlands :eek: Ack no taint for me.

And some things aint a advantage, just a necesity to at least try and catch up in direct pwoer level. (And yes I know there are many many other ways on which I'm counting but if possible I'd like to be up there with the largest in PL and especially in growth.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well if you all decide to oust the evil from Rokugan and be all happy and joyful...

But this is an IR. I doubt it will be so simple.

Evil? I'm Abhorred, we're not evil...really...

Besides, someone has to play the villain, although I guarantee we're not the worst threat to most of players in Rokugan, we're just the most identifiable :D Besides, the Shadowlands is under new leadership, we're not impartial to alliances with our former enemies, I would insert 'you can trust me' here, but I don't think anyone would trust me ;) At least anyone allying with us knows which side we stand on, unlike the rest :)

ascendance

First Post
Are there still slots open? I notice that the monasteries and the Tao of Shinsei is not represented in most of these claims. Also, the Nagah and the People of the Burning Sands aren't represented either. Hence, there's a fair bit of room for someone to show up :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
ascendance said:
Are there still slots open? I notice that the monasteries and the Tao of Shinsei is not represented in most of these claims. Also, the Nagah and the People of the Burning Sands aren't represented either. Hence, there's a fair bit of room for someone to show up :)

All of this is true. There are slots open, to those brave enough to try playing in an IR.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Welcome, 'o Scoteinos and ascendance! :)

Creamsteak, have you decided upon the instantaneous epic spells?
If you chose *5 on top of the permanent spell, I'll have to revise two of my spells. I should be able to send them tomorrow, if neccessary.

Forsaken One: I think I'll be able to be here most of the time. And as long as certain posters don't start chatting in foreign languages in the IC thread, it should not be too problematic, right? ;) (just joking :))

Lichtenhart

First Post
Welcome to everyone!

Serpenteye, why do I have the sudden feeling that Macbrea isn't going to like your last claims? :D

Creamsteak, I'm not sure if I have to change anything in my list. My custom PL is way under the cap, not so sure about the custom IR. I only have three custom troops:
The Baraunghar (General: Iuchi Lixue) PL 6 : IR 6 (Move like NPCs)
The Junghar (General: Moto Chen) PL 6 : IR 6 (Ignores Special Attacks like sneak attacks and attacking while fleeing)
The Khol (General: Moto Chagatai) PL 8 : IR 9 (Rage, +4/No Defense 1/turn)
Let me know.

Ascendance, if you decide to play the Naga, I'll introduce at once Akasha as an NPC. And if you go with the burning sands people...Ahhh I see the fun coming this way.

I think I'm getting DSL this week, so if I'm not here, it means I have some problems. I don't think so, though. :)

Remove ads