Is there any spell which remove conditions such as dazed, nauseated, etc?

Striderman

First Post
I certainly can't think of a spell that specifically does that, but that would be a great idea for a nice 0 or 1st level spell, I think.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Break Enchantment should do the trick. It is a 4th level Bard and 5th level Cleric spell which is described in the PHB. It removes all enchantments, transmutations, curses, and petrifications, but it requires a caster level check.

Sorta like a specialized Dispel Magic.

Last edited:

Striderman

First Post
RogueJK said:
Break Enchantment should do the trick. It is a 4th level Bard and 5th level Cleric spell which is described in the PHB. It removes all enchantments, transmutations, curses, and petrifications, but it requires a caster level check.

Sorta like a specialized Dispel Magic.

Except that the conditions originally mentioned (dazed, nauseated, et al.) are not necessarily from any sort of magical effect. How could it work? and if it did, then what would be the DC for the caster level check?

Last edited:

RogueJK

Striderman said:

Except that those conditions are not necessarily from any sort of magical effect. How could it work? and if it did, then what would be the DC for the caster level check?

If these are from a natural cause, such as they are nauseated from eating too much or dazed after being hit too hard, I'd suggest a simple Heal check or a few hours of rest.

Most mundane effects can be fixed with mundane means. Magical effects usually require magic to fix.

Striderman

First Post
RogueJK said:

If these are from a natural cause, such as they are nauseated from eating too much or dazed after being hit too hard, I'd suggest a simple Heal check or a few hours of rest.

Most mundane effects can be fixed with mundane means. Magical effects usually require magic to fix.

That is so simple and perfect that I can't believe none of us thought of it before. hehe. :)

Shin Okada

Explorer
Hmm, so there is no way to save dazed or nauseated fellow member immediately.

I am thinking about using Stinking Cloud against PCs in the next session (Zombie Lord wizard will cast it and let zombies run into it, they are immune to nauseated effect, he he he.). Do you guys think Dispel Magic or Neutralize Poison can stop Nauseated status? I do not think Neutralize Poison will work, as Stinking Cloud spell does not say that is poison. But I am not sure and wondering if Nauseated status can be removed immediately by Dispel Magic.

Also, is there any way to save your fellow member from Stunned status?

RogueJK

Shin Okada said:
Hmm, so there is no way to save dazed or nauseated fellow member immediately.

I might allow a Dispel magic to work.

Usually you're better off letting the effect run its course. Most of the durations are fairly short. A few rounds at most.

Shin Okada said:
I am thinking about using Stinking Cloud against PCs in the next session (Zombie Lord wizard will cast it and let zombies run into it, they are immune to nauseated effect, he he he.). Do you guys think Dispel Magic or Neutralize Poison can stop Nauseated status? I do not think Neutralize Poison will work, as Stinking Cloud spell does not say that is poison. But I am not sure and wondering if Nauseated status can be removed immediately by Dispel Magic.

I'd probably allow a Dispel Magic to end the effect, since it's from a magical source.

Last edited:

Remove ads