• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E It takes too long to say "Combat Superiority"

Ellington

First Post
This is a pretty small issue, but nitpicking is what we do here, right? :)

Anyways, does anyone else feel this way? Other class features like "sneak attack" and "rage" are quick and to the point, not the eight syllable monstrosity that "combat superiority" is (nine syllables, if you say combat superiority dice). I guess you could abbreviate it to "CS", but my group rarely abbreviates stuff as it makes things a bit too gamey.

Anyways, just sayin'. They should rename it to something shorter.

Dausuul

Legend
This is a pretty small issue, but nitpicking is what we do here, right? :)

Anyways, does anyone else feel this way? Other class features like "sneak attack" and "rage" are quick and to the point, not the eight syllable monstrosity that "combat superiority" is (nine syllables, if you say combat superiority dice). I guess you could abbreviate it to "CS", but my group rarely abbreviates stuff as it makes things a bit too gamey.

Anyways, just sayin'. They should rename it to something shorter.

I agree, and I'll put out some proposals:

• Maneuver. (It sounds a little odd, on its own, but in context you'd be mostly talking about "maneuver dice.")
  • Superiority. (Five syllables is better than eight...)
  • Expertise. (Because they're not going to need this feat in D&DN, right? RIGHT?)

Remove ads