IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

vindala glares at the two peacefully and then in a sudden movement turns in to a crazed fighting stance, turning her hands into sharp claws, and runs forward in attack.

ooc: if one of the men stay awake she attacks him(if both resisted then the one that threatened her). also she manifests claws of the beast and if she can charge then she does. inituative: 1d20+2=21
attack add 2 to attack if she can charge 1d20+3=15, 1d20+3=4
damage 1d4+3=5,1d4+3=7

hit points 9/9
power points 0/1
focused

edit: oh yeah she does not perform any action until someone else commits a hostile action

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
At the first sign of trouble, Possum will duck behind whatver cover is necessary and start casting Summon Monster I, to summon Aurustes, the loyal dog of Wanderer Griffin, first Free Wanderer of Uncle Spider. The dog, a Border Collie with silver and black fur, is said to have a bark that freezes wrong-doers in their tracks.

OOC: In other words, summoning a Celestial Dog.

Initiative for Possum (1d20+3=13)

[sblock=status]
HP: 12/12
Spells Memorized
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Guidance
1st: Magic Stone, Magic Weapon, Summon Monster I (Longstrider)
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The thug with the upraised gauntlet leaps at Oskar, throwing a meaty arm at him. At first, it looks like the swing would go wide, giving Oskar an opening, but the brute is clearly skilled as he sweeps a leg under Oskar's chest and lifts the dwarf off the ground! (Oskar is grappling, takes 7 damage)

This is all the hostility Vindala needs to set her off. She takes the opportunity to leap at the brawler, managing to scratch him ferociously (-5 damage).

Karl sees the opportunity to strike at the laughing half-orc, and does! (-5 damage. Note that ranged attackers CANNOT FLANK. However, the second half-orc was flat-footed.)

Oskar tries to pull free from his attacker's grasp, but the oaf clearly does this sort of thing for a living, and he remains in the grapple.

Dianna pulls out her chain and lashes at Oskar's attacker. The half-orc, while fast, cannot get out of the way and hold onto the squirming dwarf at the same time. 1d20+2=12, 2d4+1=5 (-5 damage).

Possum ducks and starts praying.

The laughing orc stops to pull the arrow out of his midsection, turns to Karl, and leaps at him! In one fell swoop, he punches Karl senseless! (7 damage to Karl).

Lily tosses a spell at the one that just felled Karl, who promptly falls asleep.

(Next round...)

"Know what?" the grappling half-orc proclaims. "I ain't never seen a dwarf swim before!" He drags Oskar over to the wharf's edge. "Swim, Beardy! Swim!" He drops Oskar into the water.

vindala, her hands still claws, strikes at the awake half orc grappling(well no longer grappling i guess) oskar.

ooc: so i didn't get if he moved or not but if he did its one attack and if not its two
attack: 1d20+3=12, 1d20+3=23
in case of two attacks conformation roll: 1d20+3=20
damage: double second if critical, and if i get it at all 1d4+3=6, 1d4+3=5

hit points 9/9
power points 0/1
focused

Wik

First Post
Aurustes, Possum's summoned dog, leaps out of a cloud of quicksilver and lands behind the thug that is grappling Oskar. It makes a smite evil attack, and lets out a ghostly howl.

Smite Evil attack (1 extra point of damage) (1d20+4=15, 1d4+2=3)

While this is happening, Possum streaks over to Karl, and crouches down beside him, drawing her new wand of healing as she moves. She instantly touches Karl with it, and brings him back. She smiles, and grunts "this thing is paying for itself!" (heals five points of damage)

Cure Light Wounds Wand on Karl (1d8+1=5)

[sblock=status]

HP: 12/12
Spells Memorized
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Guidance
1st: Magic Stone, Magic Weapon, Summon Monster I (Longstrider)
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC:i have had computer problems all week and am trying to get it fixed. i recently have been given permission to use the one i am on now and will be trying to stay caught up.

s.d.

Ic:

Karl is not trained in direct combat and as he shoots the arrow he is caught off guard by the thug's felling blow. stars in pitch blackness is all he sees for what seems like an eternity but the blackness changes to gray fog that clears to the sight of the smilling halfling, possum. She smiles, and grunts "this thing is paying for itself!", which brings a smile and gravelly "thanks very much" from the prone rouge.

(in case there is trouble with my computer use here is his next action: )
Standard action: stand up
move action; 5 foot step back, but in a direction to shield possum from any attack.

thegreyman

First Post
Pleased at the success of her last spell, Lily casts a quick spell and starts barking like a dog. The effect is more comical than scary, as the snarling face and high pitched yapping she produces probably won't Cause Fear as much as she may like.

ooc: Cause fear on non-sleeping orc Will DC 14 [sblock=Failed: Panicked 1d4 rounds]Panicked: A panicked creature must drop anything it holds and flee at top speed from the source of its fear, as well as any other dangers it encounters, along a random path. It can’t take any other actions. In addition, the creature takes a –2 penalty on all saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. If cornered, a panicked creature cowers and does not attack, typically using the total defense action in combat. A panicked creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.
Panicked is a more extreme state of fear than shaken or frightened.
[/sblock][sblock=Saved: Shaken 1 round]Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.
[/sblock][sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC: 13 + spell level

0th (3 per day)
Acid Splash
Mage Hand
Mend

1st (1+1 per day)
Sleep
Cause Fear
[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: I sincerely apologize for not being online for over a week. Work has been brutal as of late.)

Vindala brutally eviscerates the brawler, leaving him in a terribly weakened state. Possum's dog takes hold of something squishy and finished him off.

Oskar desperately scrambles to grab a hold of the pier, as he feels the weight of his armor drag him down into the depths. He scrapes against a pier post, holding his breath and trying to grasp for a handhold. He thinks he has it for a moment, but his hand slips on the algae and he feels himself falling downward. Then a hand reaches down to grab him. Thinking quickly, Dianna hooks her legs on the pier post, reaches down over the side, and grab's Oskar's gauntlet. Working together, the two manage to pull him from the water.

Possum heals Karl, who regains consciousness.

Lily, seeing her spell is no longer needed, does not cast it.

Remove ads