• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Jeremy Crawford Interview: Playtests from experimental to focused. By Christian Hoffer at GenCon.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Also noted, interestingly, that there are changes coming we won’t see, specifically noted were to some spells.
This doesn’t surprise me, it’s not like they haven’t added things in books that didn’t get playtested before and I’m fine with that. Gives us some surprised to look forward to in my opinion.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
they knew they wanted compatibility, they offered the change, and Crawford insists that if it had been received more positively, we would have gotten that change

“”There was a hundred percent chance that if any of those options were enthusiastically embraced by the community, they would end up in the new version of the rules," Crawford said.”

So what else am I to make of this….
That you should blame Crawford. He made the decision to ignore their own standards, not the people who complained about something that they didn't like. They were not obligated to shut up and not say anything. The fault lies with him.

mamba

Legend
That you should blame Crawford. He made the decision to ignore their own standards, not the people who complained about something that they didn't like. They were not obligated to shut up and not say anything. The fault lies with him.
Absolutely, I have been blaming WotC all along, not the people expressing their opinions

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Absolutely, I have been blaming WotC all along, not the people expressing their opinions
This was my confusion from the Class Spell Lists and Pact Magic thread.

"So even 70% does not get us there. I hate this playtest. What is even the point. They set it up to fail, and fail it did.

This absolutely is a minority sabotaging the majority."

That seems to blame the people expressing their opinions. :)

Remove ads