WotC Jeremy Crawford interview: they read your feedback. An exclusive interview by Christian Hoffer at GenCon.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The takeaway here is if you want stuff that’s closer to the R rating, you’re better off heading over to kickstarter or dms guild. WotC just isn’t going there. They realistically can’t.
At any given moment, someone is trying to sell a grimdark 5E campaign setting on Kickstarter. Not sure how many bewbs are involved, but certainly plenty of gore in a lot of them.

Scribe

Legend
At any given moment, someone is trying to sell a grimdark 5E campaign setting on Kickstarter. Not sure how many bewbs are involved, but certainly plenty of gore in a lot of them.

Oh I know, I've seen a few. I dont really consider BG3 'grimdark' I consider it how FR would operate.

This is why these conversations become tedious really. The position that if you dont like a certain style, that only the grimmest, darkest take on a setting can possibly satisfy, saturated in suffering. Its just not it.

There is, as with most issues in our world, a reasonable middle.

Hussar

Legend
Oh I know, I've seen a few. I dont really consider BG3 'grimdark' I consider it how FR would operate.

This is why these conversations become tedious really. The position that if you dont like a certain style, that only the grimmest, darkest take on a setting can possibly satisfy, saturated in suffering. Its just not it.

There is, as with most issues in our world, a reasonable middle.

But if that’s what you’re looking for then WotC very much has you covered. Dragonheist, Out of the Abyss, Princes- they’re all solidly grounded in Forgotten Realms and while it might not be in your face, there’s lots of potential for mature themed adventures there.

Remove ads