WotC Jeremy Crawford interview: they read your feedback. An exclusive interview by Christian Hoffer at GenCon.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
"BLOOD AND BOOBS, the D&D supplment" seems a one way trip to rpghorrorstories if you ask me

If we want mature, I want more. Y'know. Writen mature. "Here's two factions. There is no Good or Evil. There are good people on both sides. There are evil people on both sides. They are going to fight due to long and pointless reasons and you're left to pick up the shattered pieces of what comes after. No planer monsters digging into it, just the balanity of war and the actions of the few ruining many" is more a mature take on anything than Vile Darkness or Exalted Deeds ever came up with

But also like. That's a bit hard to play as an RPG storyline especially when D&D's Thing at the moment tends towards lighter given all popular examples of it

OK. So what are you after?

An adventure path with "BLOOD!!" and "BOOBS!!!" on the advertising copy; guaranteed to appeal to even the edgiest of teenagers?

Previous material has acknowledged sexual relationships in NPC pairings and suchlike. Does this need to be made more explicit, with x-rated flavour text for the DM to read out at the table?
Are you asking for mechanical support for your preference? What sort of rules would you like to see your fellow players have to roll for in the sexual encounters that they have to play out at the table?

Likewise with blood: do the previous descriptions of "bloodspattered corpses" need to change to the blow-by-blow screenplay of Jigsaw, or Nightmare on Friday 13th?

Just how much blood and how many boobs are you personally after? :unsure:
Me? I'm after nothing. I could care less if that material is in a book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
"BLOOD AND BOOBS, the D&D supplment" seems a one way trip to rpghorrorstories if you ask me

If we want mature, I want more. Y'know. Writen mature. "Here's two factions. There is no Good or Evil. There are good people on both sides. There are evil people on both sides. They are going to fight due to long and pointless reasons and you're left to pick up the shattered pieces of what comes after. No planer monsters digging into it, just the balanity of war and the actions of the few ruining many" is more a mature take on anything than Vile Darkness or Exalted Deeds ever came up with

But also like. That's a bit hard to play as an RPG storyline especially when D&D's Thing at the moment tends towards lighter given all popular examples of it
Sounds like Justice Arman's adventure in Journey Through the Radiant Citadel.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
That's a bit hard to play as an RPG storyline especially when D&D's Thing at the moment tends towards lighter given all popular examples of it
I dunno. I think a lot of home games probably feature two sides at war that aren't Evil with a Capital E and Good with a Capital G. I did an extremely long campaign arc along these lines in my ongoing game. I bet WotC would find a receptive audience if they tried it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I dunno. I think a lot of home games probably feature two sides at war that aren't Evil with a Capital E and Good with a Capital G. I did an extremely long campaign arc along these lines in my ongoing game. I bet WotC would find a receptive audience if they tried it.
That is the primary set-up of the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, which is set just before the Mighty Nein pull peace off spectacularly in show canon.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ

Sounds like Mobile Suit Gundam, the RPG (and there actually is one).

Vaalingrade

Legend
Can we get the mature vision where sometimes you also do things without having to be depressed by the 'horrible realities' of your own existence?

Where people are just out trying to make them and theirs happy and comfortable and sometimes that's enough to put them into conflict with others?

Where sometimes there's monsters and you have to deal with that and continue to live your life without sinking into a mire so deep that only soliloquies about the grminess of daily life to an audience of sad teens who haven't discovered the concept of 'simple joys' well into their third decade of life can make you feel something?

Vaalingrade

Legend
So, in other words, you got five, six years of material specifically catering to you, but, now, since they've spent three years not targeting you, it's no longer a big tent?
Big tents are only desirable to those trying to enter them.

After you're in, it's suddenly time for gentrification.

Remove ads