Just Things I've Made

CruxfieldVictor

First Post
I would love to hear all about your experiences leveling from (comparatively) low tiers to the realm of Sidereals. Not even here but maybe in like another thread. I love hearing about the player aspects of owning an Immortal character or running a party of them!

Apepsnake

First Post
i know, its just boring making npcs
i wish the IH made this just a little teeny weeny bit unique, like the omnific abilities not being in the book, but rather an agreed upon thing between the DM and the PC that gives an array of powers and kinda represents the past of the character in power form

Ex: A Time Lord that took their time growing in power, and making it so they cannot be permanently slain, and in the process becoming something like thermodynamics (the second law involves entropy), and simply waiting a few trillion years (thus cosmic entropy equals out all the energy in the universe) and then ascending to become a demiurge and speed up the heat death of the universe.

actually that sounds like a great idea and I make end up making that

Making any endgame monster over and over again would be super boring. And time consuming if you do it correctly with the right amount of stats and blah blah blah. Everything is obscenely hard to acquire. It takes, even in the sped up campaign I did like 20+ sessions. Making enemies though is more up to you as the DM at that point. And it would be nice to have a bestiary to point to that's past lvl 250. I tried to with my Cosmic Bestiary thing to some :):):):):) degree, but I think there's a lot to work with already. It's as simple as... Not using the freaking Time Lord as your only and basic go to. D100s are fun as are d20s and d10s when you make monsters with 20000 hd but more basic stats. Like massive living worlds and giant space Giants. Things with a million hd but maybe only a Billion Health and no real crazy powers just lobbing :):):):)ing proto planets and asteroids at people maybe it's made of strange matter or dark matter, maybe it's a being with infinite hd like *my* Infinitaur. Just saying. There's no reason to not have variety. You have infinitely more options now as all the other old base DND stuff is still available and usable as it's rooted in 3.5. it's just about using the tools available to tell, *the story* you want.

CruxfieldVictor

First Post
One of the best things about the IH Bestiary was the variety in monsters and their ratings within the power scales: Abominable spawns of Strength gods, Liches that transcended mortal bodies entirely, Mind Flayers, a ton of crazy Dragons. There was a lot to unpack at most tiers of play. There's no reason that you should be locked into using one type of enemy at any given time, even if you're at the end of your rope hierarchy-wise.

Exactly. It's basically as simple as whatever feelings say, a Mind Flayer initially made you feel, you expand upon that. The cosmic feeling of existential terror a being like a Worldflayer Cogent would evoke. The horror of staring into the hundred eyes of the dreaded spawn of the stars Cthulhu. Etc.

Shatter the planes and see what's there but don't just ignore or dismiss the body of knowledge you can acquire just because there's something higher.

At a certain point, if you use 10 dimensions theory as a baseline, it's impossible to actually conceive of higher concepts intellectually.

Since this is a game format, however, things have stat blocks, but stats with no mind behind it, no point of reference for the player's to actually interact with, becomes simply statistical masturbation.

So, Thychen could have been highlord lvl ∞, but the point is for players to eventually, possibly, either become the Supreme Being, merge with it, or something along the lines. I already had Gamma, who, is in essence just a being from your Cosmos Apep, and the Guardians who remain statless but are even level with Thychen, but if every interaction was just some naughty word where the player's had no real power, they'd feel like plankton helplessly floating around on an ocean they can do nothing about.

To hell with that. D&D is supposed to be about changing the future or changing the world in your campaign and being inspired. Not just a sheer intellectual exercise.

I just think the majority of your work is unusable sadly, though I still really like Bythos and implemented it in my campaign, but you basically used the framework of everyone else's work to create it then claimed how easy and lame it is, but that's inherently flawed and frankly, pretty dumb.

Admittedly, for my Riem and Actoshen posts I borrowed mathematical underpinnings, but I at least honored the original writer of the first statted Time Lord, Avinion. Whom without we never would have even had a chance to explore this frame of mind.

I'm just saying. We like your work. I like your work. But you crap on everyone and everything. That's not cool and you look ignorant because you don't have an actual experiential pov.

You've never played a full on IH campaign from lvl 1- Timelord. Or even ar all probably. Never seen how it all works out ultimately. But you talk talk talk like you're the cock of the walk. I'm just saying. It doesn't look good and doesn't always work out. It's smug, and stupid. Blind. Sorry not sorry.

Hopefully wherever you end up, I hope it works out for you. Thanks for the superbeings.

Last edited:

Skweed

Villager
anyways yeah im apepsnake, new account, new pseudonym
whyd i leave? i actually dont know. tired i guess.
what have i been doing this entire time? lizard stuff. as in i have a bearded dragon and he is chill. also i write now. also constructing a pathfinder 1e setting but that hasnt been happening much.
will i ever make handbook stuff again? probably not. but you might eventually get the statblock of an outer god's avatar

anyways yeah im apepsnake, new account, new pseudonym
whyd i leave? i actually dont know. tired i guess.
what have i been doing this entire time? lizard stuff. as in i have a bearded dragon and he is chill. also i write now. also constructing a pathfinder 1e setting but that hasnt been happening much.
will i ever make handbook stuff again? probably not. but you might eventually get the statblock of an outer god's avatar
Cool, I hope you do, glad you're back Apep!

I absolutely love all of the creations you all have contributed. I am curious do you have stats for all of your aspects available .I love the three i have found. either way great work. And Thank You to all of the IHB legends.
Aww thanks, I do kind of, I have a lot written in notebooks. lol. Helpful I know. I can get some others stated out not on paper. I'd like to get Solarius and either Ko, Kassen, or Sercasembra made for you guys in digital format.

Remove ads