Justice League: So, who's seen the Snyder Cut?

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Snyder also removed Aquaman's flirting with her,while sitting on the lasso of truth. In fact the interactions between the two was redone better.

EDIT: I'll also point out that when Whedon had the Flash falling on WW, Gal refuse and so they brought in a body double.
Snyder also got rid up Whedon's upskirting.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
On the whole I liked the Whedon version better, but that was still a movie barely able to hold it's head above water. This just seems like a weird choice to even release.

On the whole I liked the Whedon version better, but that was still a movie barely able to hold it's head above water. This just seems like a weird choice to even release.
Anyone have an idea how much budget was used to make the Snyder cut? Very different to the original. Can't believe how much new stuff there was

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Anyone have an idea how much budget was used to make the Snyder cut? Very different to the original. Can't believe how much new stuff there was

Around $70 million. What I have seen indicates it was almost all spent in postproduction. There weren't a lot of reshoots.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, there's only about 4-5 minutes of newly shot footage. The rest of it was original footage shot by Snyder that Joss Whedon didn't use or reshot himself. The Whedon JL film, only 30% of it is Snyder's footage.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I agree.

I've seen precisely one four-hour movie in the theatre: Das Boot. In a repertoire theatre and those don't exist anymore. It left me wiped, drained, and disorientated.

That said, this is a good test run for a post-theatre world.
I saw all three Lord of the Rings movies, in their directors cut version, in a row, in a theater. It was epic. My butt was sore from sitting by the end.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So my overwhelming feeling after watching that film is one I get when finishing a great book series — that sense of loss that you’re at the end and you won’t see more of these characters. That’s what happens when you get to know characters and they resonate with you emotionally, like when Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings ended. I didn’t feel that at all after the Whedon version.
I love that feeling!

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
So, the family spent a big chunk of Saturday watching it. It was me (uber geek), 15 year old son (who loves MCU, hates DC movies) and my wife ( general fan of superhero movies). The wife and I also generally don't like Snyder's style. But I have read for years from people who love him that his movies are big and grand and are like Operas. So, I cleared my mind and went into the movie with that expectation.
Sidenote-- I didn't think the original was bad just very forgettable.

We all enjoyed the Snyder cut. As others have said, I don't think this 4 hour monster would ever be a theatrical cut, but it was good. If you can get in synch with his style it is a sweeping epic.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
So, the family spent a big chunk of Saturday watching it. It was me (uber geek), 15 year old son (who loves MCU, hates DC movies) and my wife ( general fan of superhero movies). The wife and I also generally don't like Snyder's style. But I have read for years from people who love him that his movies are big and grand and are like Operas. So, I cleared my mind and went into the movie with that expectation.
Sidenote-- I didn't think the original was bad just very forgettable.

We all enjoyed the Snyder cut. As others have said, I don't think this 4 hour monster would ever be a theatrical cut, but it was good. If you can get in synch with his style it is a sweeping epic.
That's why it meshes with Snyder.

DC superheroes are gods. It's the constant refrain. Look at titles like Kingdom Come or Justice or at heroes like Wonder Woman and Shazam. There is a grand scale to it that Marvel heroes don't seem to have.

This isn't to say that Marvel is inferior in any way. Just that the tone and scale of DC is inherently different. And that difference lends itself to a "serious" director like Snyder.

My wife did think a lot of the stuff is ridiculous. You could get good and drunk if you took a belt of whiskey every time someone smelled a Mother Box. But much of the ridiculosity stems from the psychedelic psyche of Jack Kirby.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases