• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

King Conan

jdavis

First Post
It's not as fun now that people can't complain about what idiots they were, it looks like the Producers had there ears to the wall and have at least some understanding of what the fans want.

Now that the power of my Negative Post has done it's job and saved the Conan movie I must be off, there are more goofy movie ideas to squash and series to save, Cue my music, Du DU Du DU,(flying off into the sunset.)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
jdavis said:
It's not as fun now that people can't complain about what idiots they were, it looks like the Producers had there ears to the wall and have at least some understanding of what the fans want.

Well, at least it was good news. We'll see what they throw at us next. :)

jdavis said:
Now that the power of my Negative Post has done it's job and saved the Conan movie I must be off, there are more goofy movie ideas to squash and series to save, Cue my music, Du DU Du DU,(flying off into the sunset.)

Keep your eyes peeled for anything starring Kathy Griffon as a heroine with moxy, John Ritter as her psychic sidekick and Jeff Goldblum as the unscrupulous villain... :D

Oberton

First Post
Conan Movie

Well, with the Lord of the Rings raising the bar so high, they will really have to make a good fantasy movie and not another Arnold family hour movie. Yes, I think the last two Conan movies were just to NICE, come on... Let us see more blood and grit folks!

jdavis

First Post
The first Conam movie was good, it tried to stay more serious, the second movie was just crap and should be ignored, heck Kull the Conquerer was better than Conan the Destroyer. I have my hopes for Conan but I have alot of fear too.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
jdavis said:
heck Kull the Conquerer was better than Conan the Destroyer.

Whoa, easy there! That's probably the single worst curse you could hurl at a barbarian-action movie, to say it was worse than Kull. The second Conan film was nothing special, but it wasn't nearly THAT bad!

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Frylock, you need to go sit in the corner and think about what you've posted. Kull better than CtD. Why I orta.

Conan the Destroyer is pretty dreckulous, but hell, the entire scene in the wizard's tower (I thought) was very cool. Plus- Basil Pouledouris music. C'mon.

All I remember about Kull are 1. Tia Carrere 2. Harvey Fierstein 3. Kevin Sorbo 4. a scene where Kull is soaked in some creature's urine, and that's the running gag for ten minutes or so.

Those are all bad.

AuroraGyps

First Post
My Dad has read every Conan book, so I'm gonna tell him about this thread (I mention any time I hear news about Conan: D20, comics, movies, ...) and ask him what he thinks. But actually, what I'd like to see is Red Sonja done right. It could attract fans of LOtR, Conan, and maybe even Tomb Raider (tough, female lead).

Sanackranib

First Post
conan

a kinder gentler conan can't be any worse then what the1970's did to Zoro. I mean come on "Zoro the GAY Blade" Good Grief! some things that are made should never have been and some things planing to be made would be better to just be left alone :eek:

jdavis

First Post
Dr Midnight said:
Frylock, you need to go sit in the corner and think about what you've posted. Kull better than CtD. Why I orta.

Conan the Destroyer is pretty dreckulous, but hell, the entire scene in the wizard's tower (I thought) was very cool. Plus- Basil Pouledouris music. C'mon.

All I remember about Kull are 1. Tia Carrere 2. Harvey Fierstein 3. Kevin Sorbo 4. a scene where Kull is soaked in some creature's urine, and that's the running gag for ten minutes or so.

Those are all bad.

Conan the Destroyer is all the worse for following the actual good Conan movie and killing the property (until now). I in no way meant to say anything good about Kull the Conquerer, but Kull didn't make me angry like the second Conan movie did. Kull just blew in it's own right, and don't even get me started on Red Sonja........ I rather sit through the whole Beastmaster series. I'm hoping that somebody out there finally came to their senses with King Conan, kinder and gentler will not cut it, family fun will not cut it, he is a Barbarian it's in his title, if I wanted to see Conan make puns and jokes I'd watch Conan the late night talk show host.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads