Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Parch and his Loyalists
Parch:
Attacks Rockhorn with 2 point Power attack.
Parch (loyalist) - Attacks Rockhorn (2 point Power Attack): 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27 (hit)
1D8+6 = [8]+6 = 14

Loyalist (male): Attacks the Deaf-Mute Knight and Vincenzo. Longsword and Shield Bash (-6/-10). Then, 5-ft step west away from the knight.
Loyalist SF Soldier - Two-handed attack vs the D-M Knight and Vincenzo (longsword and shield bash): 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7 (critical miss)
1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14 (miss)
---
Loyalist SF Soldier - DC 10 Dexterity check: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19 (success)

Loyalist (female): Attack vs Vitus with poisoned blade while fighting defensively (full-round action). -4 to attack, +2 to AC.
Loyalist SF Soldier (fighting defensively) - Attacks Vitus (with poisoned longsword): 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17 (miss)
1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Updated map...
Portal Room Fight2-Rnd6-End-Rnd7-Start.png

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll come and blast you and the pegasus with some healing if Bugbear lets me. Right after I try and dispel the altar. Everybody else who can should try the same - maybe we can clear our the cultists first so we cast at the same time?

I'm still not clear about why the unicorn is needed unless it just creates safe-ish place to be near the altar.

Also, note that anyone within 10' of the unicorn (all except the knight and Rockhorn on that side) has magic circle against evil in effect:
"The target gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves against evil creatures"

I'll come and blast you and the pegasus with some healing if Bugbear lets me. Right after I try and dispel the altar. Everybody else who can should try the same - maybe we can clear our the cultists first so we cast at the same time?

I'm still not clear about why the unicorn is needed unless it just creates safe-ish place to be near the altar.

Also, note that anyone within 10' of the unicorn (all except the knight and Rockhorn on that side) has magic circle against evil in effect:
"The target gains a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves against evil creatures"
The unicorn isn’t needed. I just thought the protection from evil might cut the link from the abyss to the portal and wanted to see what would happen if it was adjacent to the altar.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

. Like I said, It’s not needed, it was just a hunch.

Vincenzo can cast Dispel Magic, I think.

I forgot about the AC bonus of protection from evil. Hopefully nobody got hit that should have been missed.

Edit: To that effect, it might be better if Vinny dispels in order to free Akos up to heal. I’ve got a few 1st level clw but I’m saving them for an emergency since they don’t offer lots of healing.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
My 2c is that we need to deal with the attackers firdt (though there is a risk of undead raising with evil cleric still active?)

Area dispel maybe to get lucky with clerics aura?
But obviously deWars decision...

My 2c is that we need to deal with the attackers firdt (though there is a risk of undead raising with evil cleric still active?)

Area dispel maybe to get lucky with clerics aura?
But obviously deWars decision...
The loyalists are doing the most damage but their AC is high. I think we should focus fire on them but aiding stacks.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The unicorn isn’t needed. I just thought the protection from evil might cut the link from the abyss to the portal and wanted to see what would happen if it was adjacent to the altar.

Second, the subject immediately receives another saving throw (if one was allowed to begin with) against any spells or effects that possess or exercise mental control over the creature (including enchantment [charm] effects and enchantment [compulsion] effects, such as charm person, command, and dominate person). This saving throw is made with a +2 morale bonus, using the same DC as the original effect. If successful, such effects are suppressed for the duration of this spell. The effects resume when the duration of this spell expires. While under the effects of this spell, the target is immune to any new attempts to possess or exercise mental control over the target. This spell does not expel a controlling life force (such as a ghost or spellcaster using magic jar), but it does prevent them from controlling the target. This second effect only functions against spells and effects created by evil creatures or objects, subject to GM discretion.

. Like I said, It’s not needed, it was just a hunch.
Hmm, I didn't even consider that the unicorn's presence near the portal would have any effect on it. However, the unicorn's circle of protection should allow the living altar that extra saving throw (a Will save) with the +2 morale bonus. The DC is 25 vs. the portal's power. The living altar's Will save is +11, so that's a total of +13 to the save.

If the living altar saves, the portal's power is severed from the living altar. It won't actually dispel the portal, however. Here is the saving throw...

Living Altar (+2 morale bonus) - DC 25 Will save vs. portals power: 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25 +2 = 27 (success)
(should have been +13)

So, that severs the connection and allows the living altar to act in round 7. I'm going to add a post that will describe what happens when the portal's connection to the living altar is severed.

Last edited:

Remove ads