Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In that same post, the Dragonlance, Ghostwalk, and WarCraft books shouldn't referenced at all; the Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk books are more for my Lands of Harqual continent; the Oriental Adventures and Ravenloft books are restricted based on region; and the Eberron books are considered semi-core for this region of the world. (Especially these books: Dragonmarked, Faiths of Eberron, Five Nations *, Races of Eberron, and Sharn: City of Towers.)

Both Sharn and Stormreach exist on Kulan in the southern lands of Kanpur. Most of the Eberron races can be found on Kanpur, but they aren't common races. People with dragonmarks are banned in Bluffside, and having one can get you thrown into the Dungeon, or worse. Dragonmarks are less restricted elsewhere and those abilities are limited to the Sharn Region, but they are strongest there. Also, other types of magical tattoos exist in the world.

DM's NOTE: * I've turned the concept of the Five Nations into a collection of city states known as the Free Cities (or Dragonmarked Cities by their detractors). Sharn is the most infamous of these cities.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I should also note that this continent uses a lot of the material from the Scarred Lands campaign setting. The cities of Hollowfaust, Mithral, and Shelzar all exist on Kanpur and I consider Creature Collection: Revised to be a core monster book for all of the continent of Kanpur (with more restrictions in the Eastern Lands).

Also, Relics & Rituals: Excalibur and Relics & Rituals: Olympus are core references for Kanpur, but are restricted based on region. The lands that use the Excalibur book are near The Northwest, but are considered dangerous fey lands by most Bluffsiders. Characters from that land are almost mythical in some peoples minds. The Olympus book is for the Greek-themed region far to the east of Bluffside. It is better known and less mysterious. Characters from that region are rare in The Northwest due more to distance.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I don't have any of your core books so I'll remove all feats from Kalamar not explicitly allowed so I save myself some research. I'll ne lesser aasimar probably going full aasimar on the next level and buying it off. I'll post something before the weekend

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Other cities/lands from published sources that exist on the continent:
  • Land of Fate (Al-Qadim) [TSR, Inc./Wizards of the Coast] (I've homebrewed the entire setting into my world)
  • Bard's Gate [Necromancer Games] (d20) (far to the north of Bluffside)
  • Dragon Mountain [TSR, Inc./Wizards of the Coast] :devilish:
  • Dragon Sands [Samurai Sheepdog] (d20) (part of the series of Bluffside sourcebooks)
  • Falia [Living Imagination] (d20) (imported in from the Twin Crowns setting; part of The Northwest)
  • Khemit [Green Ronin/Necromancer Games] (d20) (based on both Egyptian Adventures: Hamunaptra and Gary Gygax's Necropolis; key sources for The Southwest)
  • Novarum [Living Imagination] (d20) (imported in from the Twin Crowns setting; Streets of Silver is a core reference for the The Northwest)
  • Pertan (d20) (another city created for the Bluffside setting; larger and more independent on my world)
  • Scopula [Ethos E-zine] (d20) (one of Bluffside's rivals in the region)
  • Talangrán [DUNGEON Mag #34] (homebrewed land based on the adventure "The Lady Rose")
  • Torassia [MonkeyGod Enterprises] (d20) (even farther north than Bard's Gate)
That's not all of them but those are the ones that are known or rumored about in The Northwest. :D

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYi, I'm thinking we'd start early next week. Monday or Tuesday. I can push it back to Thursday or Friday, if you all need the time. I'll have a lot of prep to do anyway.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Alright, so here are my rolls:

JustinCase new Kulan character:
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 3, 6, 4] = 13
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 1, 5] = 9
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 4, 2] = 12
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 2, 2, 1] = 6
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 3, 6] = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 6, 1, 4] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 4, 2, 1] = 8
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 5, 3, 6] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 3, 4, 2] = 13

So the highest six are 15, 14, 14, 13, 13, 12. That's pretty decent.

Not sure about what character I want to play. There's a concept of a kobold (possibly rogue) dancing around in my head, but it doesn't 'click' just yet.

Are there any major roles missing that anyone would like me to consider?

Neurotic

As far as I can tell, we have a bruiser, roguish type and cleric/warlock (apologies if I missed someone). Another melee controller, another rogue (with two rogues flanking nothing will last long)...or full caster of some type. Duskblade if you want to go both bruiser and arcane :p

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As far as I can tell, we have a bruiser, roguish type and cleric/warlock (apologies if I missed someone). Another melee controller, another rogue (with two rogues flanking nothing will last long)...or full caster of some type. Duskblade if you want to go both bruiser and arcane :p
BTW, is your PC going to be an even split cleric 3/warlock 3? And are you definitely going aasimar for your race?

Neurotic

No and no. It will be human or lesser aasimar (better stats, but no feat) Cloister Clr 3 war 2 Eldritch disciple 1. Next level either aasimar level (and buy off). Why? I can go pure warlock... But we need some healing. And its faster to do existing character

Remove ads