Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Alright, so I tried to read everything since last I posted in the IC thread, but it's a lot. We caught Mani and he is now imprisoned, the Scaled Gates were deserted but there is a holding cell with a secret entrance that is not explored yet, and the Iron Gate has opened.

Did I miss anything important?
I think that's everything.

There was also the major fight against the members of the Rising Swords and some of them are imprisoned in the guard post of the Gate of Scales.

Initially, the PCs were going to go right into the secret passage, but Tim didn't want to leave Mani locked up in the gate's cells, so he and Vinny rushed the doppelganger to the barracks. I'd had Tim, Tuck, and Breva down into the secret passage but reversed that decision when @Tellerian Hawke decided to have Tim run Mani to Riftwatch. Of course, @Neurotic didn't want Akos to do more running. Heh. :LOL:

There are Mani's accusations about a shop called The Cross Candles near the Gardens being a front for a thieves' guild. As well, he told the PCs that there are other doppelgangers in Bluffside and, at least, two of them are working for Phelix Del Cannitha.

And while the PCs caught Mani, there is still a killer on the loose. Mani didn't take responsibility for killing the Lord Mayor, Horatio Hollingsworth, and no one is sure if the man's wife killed him or if he was killed by someone else.

There is also the mysterious creature hidden somewhere in the untamed depths of the Eastern Gardens as well. Plus, Tuck will want to try to find a cure for Sylemis. Tuck's situation with the 'dire rats' in the bakery still has to be resolved

There is the Jade Thicket back near Spindle's Apothecary that Akos wants to explore at some point. Could the legend of the thicket help the PCs prepare against Phelix? Could the power that might be lost in its tangles be a cure for the curse inflicting the dragori-fehr monk?

Newcomer, Falen, has his own concerns about a group of assassins known as The Dusk who might be on his trail and their connection to Phelix and the death of the ambassador of Ticinum. Of course, only @Aust Thale's PC knows about those details, so far. Although, he might be revealing them to Oakfirst soon. Falen also has to go see the ambassador's relative in the Temple District at some point.

Breva is in the middle of a mess that seems to point to corruption in Bluffside. That would be a hard fact for a paladin to ignore. He has to answer to Sir Silvon as much as Custodio does, although he has more free reign.

Of course, there is the ultimate goal of going back to near the Gardens and going through the portal to confront Phelix on his home turf. The PCs know his enclave is in an adjacent plane that they already have the portal key for and Akos is 99% certain he can get the group through the portal without any problems. He's just not sure he can get them back as easily.

Is the Renegade some sort of mastermind who is distracting the PCs with ambushes and unrelated mysteries or is it all connected beyond the scope of Phelix's machinations?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Oh, and there seems to be a rise in activity of a clandestine group, from nearby Sordadon, known as the Golden Sabres. This group is known for all sorts of illegal activity but usually confined its activities to the canal city floating in the sea out beyond the Cavern Harbor of Bluffside's Undercity. They've been hassling Spindle and other shopkeepers in Old City. More than likely, the Sabres aren't confining their new activities to just Old City.

They are the prime suspects, in Mariana's mind, of the street theft of some of the gear that was being used by the Rising Swords mercenaries. Several swords and a shield were taken and few other items off of the dead bodies. None of Odhran's possessions were taken. Mariana was hovering over the dead body of her cousin's husband.

The PCs will likely be able to claim some, if not all, of the gear of the Rising Swords. They also have Mani's possessions. Those didn't taken to the barracks with the doppelganger when Tim rushed Mani there. (I think Tuck has the items, but I'm not 100% sure.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
TREASURE SUMMARY
Here is the gear the PCs can claim from the previous fights they've had against both the Guild assassins and the Loyalists that ambushed them in two different places.

Silverbow Inn
The gear from the Silverbow Inn was left with the Regulars guards that showed up near the end of the fight. The PCs can put in a claim for the items below at the Barracks of the Old City Division. If they don't claim these items, the gear will go to the Regulars.

A writ has been sent to the Old Oakfirst Manor that the Lord Commander is letting the PCs use. At this point, the PCs aren't aware that they can claim this gear but the halfling butler, Carter, will send a runner out with a note for them, so the PCs will have a chance to claim the item, as long as they do it soon.

Shylock
Leather Armor (very fine; could be masterwork; damaged in fight)
A case with 5 masterwork bolts
Hand Crossbow
Pouch (Belt)
  • Coins (5 pp, 15 gp, 10 sp)
  • Three gems
Other Assassin
Hand Crossbow
Masterwork Dagger (w/sheath)
Masterwork Leather Armor
Masterwork Short Sword (w/sheath)
Pouch (Belt)
  • Two unidentified magical potions

Loyalists' Gear (Ambush in Throwdown Alley)
The items from the fight with the three Loyalists were left under the watch of a few guards and Lady Émilienne. She makes sure all these items make it to the manor. They don't have to make a claim at the barracks. She didn't have time to get anything identified, however.

Helmet with Visor
Masterwork Longsword (w/sheath)
Two unidentified magical rings
Masterwork Spiked Gauntlet
Masterwork Chainmail
Two unidentified magical cloaks
Masterwork Light Metal Shield [x2]
Disguise Kit
Masterwork Daggers [x3]
Pouches (Belt) [x3]
  • Five unidentified magical potions

Mani’s Gear
This is the gear that Mani had on him. None of the special items have been identified. Note the set of skeleton keys that he had on him. Those keys likely allowed him to get into places that he normally wouldn't have been able to without them.

Mani's unidentified magical dagger | Akos thinks it might be a dagger of venom
An unidentified crystalline amulet
An unidentified crystalline mask
An unidentified magical ring
A set of unidentified magical bracers
Pouch (Belt)
  • A set of 8 skeleton keys
  • Coins (13 gp)
  • A flask containing something unusual (might be some sort of acid or alchemical solution)
  • An unidentified magical wand

Gear of the Rising Swords
Here is the gear that remains after the battle with the members of the Rising Swords. a few of the items were stolen by thieves on the street while the Regulars were trying to keep the crowds back from the bodies. I've noted some of the major items that were stolen (and obviously taken). A few of the armor items are damaged and would need to be repaired.

Note that the prisoners are still wearing their armor but their other gear has been taken from them.

Brychan
Light Wooden Shield [stolen]
Longbow
Longsword (w/sheath)
Masterwork Studded Leather [damaged]
Quiver of Arrows (x10)
Silver Pendant with a Precious Gem
Pouch (Belt)
  • Coins (41 gp, 13 cp)

Castañon de Durgos
A fine breastplate that is likely magical [slight damage]
An unidentified magical belt
An unidentified magical cloak
Masterwork Dagger (w/sheath)
Masterwork Heavy Metal Shield [badly dented, needs major repairs]
Unidentified magical gloves
His wicked-looking scimitar, which was likely masterwork or magical [stolen]
  • Fine sheath for stolen scimitar (this would be worth around 100 to 200 gp just by itself)
Pouch (Belt)
  • Three unidentified magical potions

Mambru (prisoner)
Chainmail [slight damage]
Dagger (w/sheath)
Light Metal Shield [slight damage, stolen]
Pouch (Belt)
  • Coins (36 gp)
Pouch (Belt)
  • An unidentified magical potion
Narzissa (prisoner)
Light Wooden Shield [slight damage]
Longbow
Longsword (w/sheath)
Masterwork Studded Leather [slight damage]
Pouch (Belt)
  • Coins (45 gp, 5 sp)

Reignold
Chainmail [damaged]
Dagger (w/sheath)
Light Metal Shield [damaged]
Two Pouches (Belt)
  • One with coins (44 gp)
  • One with an unidentified magical potion

Savvas (unconscious prisoner)
Chainmail [slight damage]
Dagger (w/sheath)
Light Metal Shield [slight damage]
Pouch (Belt)
  • An unidentified magical potion

Solomon (prisoner)
Light Wooden Shield
Masterwork Chain Shirt
Masterwork Club
Unholy Symbol of the Sufferer

Other Treasure
I'm sure there is other gear that I've forgotten, but this is the important stuff. I haven't added the gifts that Oakfirst provided the PCs when he gave them use of his old family home.

Lady Pomander’s Stipend (500 pp)
Bag of Holding

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll obviously take wands and such since we don't really have casters anymore :(

Of course, whatever you can use (paladin for cure wands...) take it.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Those skeleton keys.

Sure, magical items are powerful, but the sheer number of possibilities a skeleton key provides is, to me and to Tuck, far more relevant.

Remove ads