D&D General Lego Dungeons & Dragons Contest Winner Announced!

We could use a bit of good D&D news after the recent licensing bombshell, and LEGO is here for us! The winner of the Dungeons & Dragons LEGO contest has been announced, and it's Dragon's Keep: Journey's End, created by BoltBuilds.

It features changeable doors, a witches' tower, a tavern, a dungeon with a beholder, and a crypt, and uses nearly 3,000 pieces.

e5b6ab93-db09-4e7d-9258-960814061e1e-resize-950x633.jpg

After hundreds of entries and an exciting Fan Vote, only one could be selected! A huge thank you to everyone who participated. We are very happy to announce that Dragon's Keep: Journey's End has been selected! A huge congratulations to BoltBuilds, the incredible designer behind this submission.

Last edited:

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
Sound like this will eventually be made into a kit you can purchase and put together yourself?
Correct! LEGO Ideas is a platform through which people can design sets, even ones based on IPs, vote for them as a community, and if there's enough traction, LEGO will either make the set (if it's wholly original or detached from any copyright or trademark) or reach out to whoever owns or operates the associated property to see if they can attain the rights to do so. It's spawned many a set, some of which are already medieval/fantasy-themed, but this was a direct collaboration with Hasbro/WoTC to make a set that could be branded as an official D&D LEGO set.

I wonder if we could see later LEGO version of other Hasbro franchises. Maybe Star-Frontiers. Gamma World maybe but the firearms should be laser canons. The castle of Raveloft shouldn't be impossible, only very expensive. Spelljammer would be a good option, even an animated show and some kid-friendly videogame.

M.A.S.K, Robotix or Visionaries? there would be some doubts.

FormerLurker

Adventurer
I'm disappointed by this and even more sad I didn't finish my entry. (Needed 2-3 more days.)
This is just generic and seems like it got the most votes because it's the biggest and most dramatic, not because it best represents D&D. That could be a dragon from any fantasy world; it feels generic.

I was personally hoping for the dice rolling tower, as that at least would have a place at the table.

FormerLurker

Adventurer
The mtg anniversarysetwasathoudand dollats
Which was a limited edition set done by WotC and not Lego.
And cards are easy to do limited as they're just cardboard. And they were recycling art. And a Lego set has to sell enough to offset the cost of molds and production design.

They can't charge the same as the 75192 Millennium Falcon with under half as many pieces and not expect fans to rebel & protest.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Which was a limited edition set done by WotC and not Lego.
And cards are easy to do limited as they're just cardboard. And they were recycling art. And a Lego set has to sell enough to offset the cost of molds and production design.
You're right. Two thousand dollars.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases