• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

Leif

Adventurer
I've had some additional hiccups of the computer nature today and yesterday, but it looks like I'm getting everything ironed out now.

Oh, and it's looking like we will probably be joined by another player, [MENTION=6795880]dfn[/MENTION], too. I don't recall details about the PC in question just now, but I figure a warm body of almost any description will be welcome.

Last edited:

dfn

First Post
Hi all.

I'm totally a newb to En World, but am familiar with 4E. I'll be taking over Irinea initially, and then I'll come up with my own character, when this bit of the adventure is done.
Thank you for letting me be a part of your group. Apologies if I am a little slow getting started, but after the initial warm up, I should check and post frequently (at least a few times a day).
If there's any helpful advice you have for me (or something you'd like me to do), just shoot :)

Thanks again!

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Excellent news [MENTION=6795880]dfn[/MENTION]! And welcome. Looks like I'm getting the snot kicked out of me by this goblin at the moment. Obviously we passed him off somewhat!!

I don't know if we have a particular rule for dice rolling: if we do [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] let me know! I'm currently posting description after dice rolls because 1)the dice roller seems erratic for me (most likely because I'm doing something wrong; 2)a lot of my actions are conditional on previous attacks succeeding and 3) I like describing what my character did (but am happy for this to change, Leif)

I'm happy to change that, though and have a uniform post format

Scotley

Hero
Welcome dfn. PBP games take some getting used to, but they can also be very rewarding. You have more time to consider your actions and descriptions, but you also have to wait longer between actions.

dfn

First Post
Thanks all! Since we can do rolls right here on the forum, I will do the same thing: do my roll, then post what I do once I see the result (will just edit the same post).

Leif

Adventurer
Just note that once you save a post for the first time, you can never, ever add, subtract, or alter in any way the dice included in that post. Just be sure of what you are doing before you enter a die roll, and try, try I say, to add all relevant modifiers. Sometimes something is inadvertently left off and that's ok, too. you can add, subtract, and/or alter text to martch the dice.

Leif

Adventurer
When you are editing a post, the dice rolls appear as only "[roll1], [roll 2[" etc. But after you finish editing, they revert to their beginning state as when first posted.

Remove ads