• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [OOC 1]

dfn

First Post
Yeah I noticed that, thanks. I'll try to keep track of all conditional modifiers (CA, etc.) for my rolls. I should be good for that once I'm in the swing of things with my own char :)

Leif

Adventurer
Grand Plan?

To let you guys in on what I have in mind for this game: Originally, I envisioned a war starting between two neighboring kingdoms and the PCs being like special ops soldiers doing covert missions in, around, and through the battlefield for their side. I had them allied with one side at the start, but that could possibly change if warranted. As the game progressed, that concept more or less fell by the wayside.

Currently, I'm thinking of an old-school dungeon-centered campaign, where The Quiet Harpy is the Base of Operations of the party, and they venture out from there and return periodically to refresh/renew/re-supply/etc. The shadow of War may or may not still loom over the region, I haven't decided, and am open to suggestions.

dfn

First Post
I like both ideas. If I had to pick one, I'd go with doing missions in a war, potentially switching sides and so on. Curious why that one fell through?

But seriously I'm good with both

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Not really sure if/why it fell through. I think my excitement for it just ebbed, and, it also seemed like it might be hard to sustain long-term, but that's still no reason to abandon it, because changes can be made later, too.

Scotley

Hero
Maybe because too many of the original characters fell out? Anyway, I have faith in you to manage either. I kinda like the missions in war thing as well, but we are well on the path toward setting up at the Quiet Harpy and have an initial mission on the table. I see no reason to change course. As you said the winds of war could still be blowing...

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
I'm with [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] in that I like the Spec Ops idea but am also happy with the dungeon searching. Maybe they can be linked in some way?

To be honest, I'm just happy playing!

Leif

Adventurer
I am a very, very lucky DM to have three such anxious players! Thank you all for your enthusiasm. I shall endeavor to be worthy of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads