• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's see your self portrait.

PA

First Post
commando cody said:
PA..........well you can hate for whatever reason you like........i do appreciate the compliment, but i prefer to think of other artists qualities as 'different' not really better or worse..........i see people all the time getting work that i dont quite think are the style or quality i would do, but they get work and make money.......all boils down to what the art director likes or wants to use.......... but again thanks for looking

Don't worry. ;) I sell short stories, I have stopped working on both the musical and pictorial arts. Not enough time to play the Renaissance man, I fear!

And no, I don't hate talent. If I did, I would have to make foes of too many of my friends, including some who are much better writers than me. Scott, notably!!

Last edited:

brak1

Amateur Fortean
Well, I intend to start a thread for some of my artwork within a couple of days, so this seemed like a good way to introduce myself. Hey there. How's it going?

The image below was something I did for a game group that was playing a card game called Rage - it was based on the White Wolf Werewolf setting. We had a player who chose to run every time he was confronted and we made a card for him called "Not in the Face! Not in the Face!" It is indeed a self-portrait, although I don't have that green shirt anymore... :)

bcram.gif

Malessa

First Post
brak1 said:
Well, I intend to start a thread for some of my artwork within a couple of days, so this seemed like a good way to introduce myself. Hey there. How's it going?

The image below was something I did for a game group that was playing a card game called Rage - it was based on the White Wolf Werewolf setting. We had a player who chose to run every time he was confronted and we made a card for him called "Not in the Face! Not in the Face!" It is indeed a self-portrait, although I don't have that green shirt anymore... :)

Welcome to the Art Gallery, look forward to seeing more of your work!:D

Sialia

First Post
alsih2o said:
siala, what is a tomb queen archivist?

Well, uh, in this incarnation of myself, I'm employed as an archivist at a government agency, and my office is at the back of a warehouse where the records are stored--picture the scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's refered to as "The Tomb" by the employees who were there before I was hired. As opposed to "The Vault" where the stuff I'm preserving resides, which actually has one of those cool super thick doors with the big wheel on it, just like government agency vaults full of secure info are supposed to.

And, um, I'm the only one who has to actually live in the Tomb. Everybody else has nice window offices out in the main office area. So by default, I get to be "queen" of my own little kingdom.

it was a nicer way of thinking about things than listing myself as "Archivist Pariah in Exile"

shivamuffin

First Post
Sialia

Cool job. I would give anything to work somewhere truley spooky and gloomy. Sure, I get to hold the occasional brain...but your job seems very cool...I like the pic too...Very dark. Almost ghost-like.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sialia, that's glorious! It makes you look older than you really are, I think, but it's some of the finest and most "painterly" work I've ever seen from you. Wowsa.

What's the medium?

Anyways, all you folks rock. This is an incredibly cool thread, and I'm jealous - err, envious - err, appreciative of your talent. Britus, email me your picture if you want, and we'll see what's wrong! Attach should work just fine.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My artistic talent is limited to doodles, but I luckily have a lot of talented friends. Here's a larger version of my current avatar, a character counter by Claudio Pozas (Klaus). I'll post a comparison pic, too. This was a surprise, and an incredibly funny/appreciated one.

But you know how I know it's a little off? That damn Macintosh instead of a PC... :D

Edit - grrr! Won't read the jpg. I wonder why?

Attachments

• hacker_kulp-small2.jpg
    hacker_kulp-small2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads