D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Not really. They've proven internally that making an edition that is unpopular is, to no one's surprise, bad for sales.

That's a big assumption. They'll do whatever it takes for maintaining and expanding sales. The game and its mechanics are secondary to that.

No, it's not a given. But if sales do drop, they will make whatever changes, sweeping or not, to boost sales.

If the multimedia franchise is successful. That's hardly a given.
It's less an assumption, and more what the WotC have been laying out as their plan for 8 years. It seems that they succeded.

Monopoly still sells like hotcakes for several reasons, reasons that as of 5E now apply to D&D.

Even if the media franchise is tepid, the mercha disease will probably take off. If it is somewhat decent, it will make more money than any RPG ever has or ever could make.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
My main concern at this juncture is the following: Will DnDBeyond "update" all these PC races if you have the original sourcebooks on your account but not this new book. ex: Genasi. Comes in a free supplement. What version will I get prior to purchase of the new book? Same issue with Monster statblocks. It's all revisions of existing materials is my understanding. If I had Volo's on my account, what version of a given monster will I get?
What has always happened in the past, is that if some character option was changed on DDB, the old version would remain active on your character, unless you later removed it.

Also, it is possible to make clones of existing elements, such as races, feats, subclasses, etc. and then use those.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I would be hard pressed to find someone who had heard of Star Frontiers or Mekton Zeta let alone had any interest in playing either of them. And I don't mean that as a slight against either of them. It's just that I've always found it a lot easier to find players to participate in games which are currently supported. At least in the past. Tt's a bit easier these days since you can often find "out of print" games available in PDF through legal means.
Yeah, they are fairly obscure games. However, I find that, "Hey, wanna try out this game—it's a [insert genre] RPG, and I think you lot might enjoy it", is a good first step to getting others to play a non-D&D game. Non-fantasy games are an easier sell, IMO, as that's not an itch that D&D can scratch.

Remove ads

Remove ads