D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

pukunui

Legend
Quoting Nerd Immersion.

“Orcs got some big changes: Dash as a bonus action, prof bonus times per long rest. When you use it you get temp HP equal to proficiency bonus. Darkvision. Powerful build. Relentless Endurance.

This replaces everything they had previously.”
Our of curiosity, where did you find this info? I don’t see a new video from Nerd Immersion. Is Ted posting more info on Twitter or something?

You know, I shouldn't be surprised at the current discourse…

On a bit of a different note I am curious about the Yuan-ti (one of my favorite races). They are not called purebloods in the TOC, which I’m ok with as I always found it weird that a race that wished to become more snake-like would identify the least snaky of their kind as pure. I wonder if they will be keeping their immunity to poison and their magic resistance feature, and if not I wonder what they will receive instead.
My understanding is that yuan-ti view “purity of blood” as a bad thing. It’s the undesirable baseline. The further you go from that (from malison to abomination to anathema), the more superior you become.

“Pureblood” in this context is something of a pejorative, which is probably why they removed it.

It's a related, but different, phenomenon. We had rules lawyers, too. But they didn't object to house rules or DIY or homebrew. They simply studied the house rules and incorporated them into their rules lawyering. I'm talking about the people who object to house rules, DIY, and homebrew.

Cool.

Verisimilitude in the sense of a world with a consistent set of rules that people within can learn and make fairly reliable judgements and roughly extrapolate future events based on prior experience. Not in the sense of it resembling our real world. Here be dragons, etc.
Fair enough. I'd argue that verisimilitude even in that sense is a (hopefully) fortunate byproduct rather than the targeted goal. It happens only where the rules for likely adventurer interactions are extensible to the remainder of the setting.

Weiley31

Legend
Hmm, I guess I'm now gonna have to buy Volo's Guide to Monsters. Then I'll officially have all the scattered races needed for adjustments when needed.

Remove ads

Remove ads