D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...
Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

pukunui

Legend
Realllllllly interested in how this changes will be implemented in Beyond.

Although it would be awkward, I would prefer the old books to not change and then you could use the new ones if you wished.
It should be possible for them to group this all under one toggle (like they do for Critical Role) … so you can either include the new content or not.

That being said, I have a sneaking suspicion that WotC is going to tell DDB that the content in this book replaces the content from the previous books.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
So the first thing I ask myself is what build possibilities exist that didn't exist before with these races. First thoughts:

1. A whip-wielding Githyanki rogue. They get proficiency with a weapon of chocie, which means a rogue could learn the finesse weapon whip without needing to muticlass into fighter. They learn mage hand as a bonus, so perhaps not an arcane trickster -- straight Dex.

2. Kobold Clerics. The Kobold's option for Draconic Sorcery gives you a sorcerer spell, with your choice of spellcasting stat. This allows some spells to be cast with Wisdom that previously couldn't, allowing some interesting/fun Cleric, Druid, or Ranger builds. (Fire Bolt, Shocking Grasp, Ray of Frost, and Mind Sliver, which is V only and an int save). Pack tactics is gone, which is fine.

3. The Air Genasi get both shocking grasp and (at level 3) Feather Fall. I can see it working well with a (Genie-patron?) Warlock melee build.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads