D&D 5E List of All 33 Races in Mordenkainen's Monsters of the Multiverse

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books. Aarackocra Assimar Bugbear Centaur Changeling Deep Gnome Duergar Eladrin Fairy Firbolg Genasi, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Gennasi, Water Githyanki Githzerai Goblin Goliath Harengon Hobgoblin Kenku Kobold Lizardfolk Minotaur Orc Satyr Sea Elf Shadar Kai Shifter Tabaxi...

Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse contains 33 races compiled from previous Dungeons & Dragons books.

greg-rutkowski-monsters-of-the-multiverse-1920.jpg

• Aarackocra
  • Assimar
  • Bugbear
  • Centaur
  • Changeling
  • Deep Gnome
  • Duergar
  • Eladrin
  • Fairy
  • Firbolg
  • Genasi, Air
  • Genasi, Earth
  • Genasi, Fire
  • Gennasi, Water
  • Githyanki
  • Githzerai
  • Goblin
  • Goliath
  • Harengon
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kenku
  • Kobold
  • Lizardfolk
  • Minotaur
  • Orc
  • Satyr
  • Sea Elf
  • Shadar Kai
  • Shifter
  • Tabaxi
  • Turtle
  • Triton
  • Yuan-ti

While reprinted, these races have all been updated to the current standard used by WotC for D&D races used in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, including a free choice of ability score increases (increase one by 2 points and another by 1 point; or increase three by 1 point), and small races not suffering a movement speed penalty.

The video below from Nerd Immersion delves into the races in more detail.

R_J_K75

Legend
I know they do this every time, but pretending 5e Essentials is anything less than that is getting tiresome.
Sure is, but did you mean 4E Essentials?

I think I'm right too when I said 6E is probably coming sooner than you think. The span between the release of 3E and 3.5 was 2 years, 11 months. So, I'm sure that 3.5 was well in the works by early to mid 2002.

see

Pedantic Grognard
All the completionists and people who want all the new stuff now are. They either buy this now or they don't have a complete set and miss out on all the new stuff until some later date. That WotC hasn't announced the later date is clearly manipulative of its costumer base.
What WotC is actually going to achieve is convincing a large segment of the usual customer base to go out and pirate Monsters of the Multiverse, to the ultimate harm of sales of that book.

Many people who will quite happily pay $50 for a new book will not be remotely happy with the idea of a choice of A) waiting an indefinite number of months to be allowed to buy an already-released book, or B) re-buying two books they already have. And a significant number of those who in anger and frustration turn to piracy will, once they have pirated copies of Monsters of the Multiverse, not bother buying legitimate ones.

In six or so months, you're going to see WotC folk on social media saying, "Yeah, we really screwed up with how we released Monsters of the Multiverse." The sad thing is that it should have been obvious that this was a bad idea six months ago.

Super hyped for the genasi changes. They might finally be worth something more than pure flavour. Though I wish they got their elemental manipulation cantrip (wtf they even removed it from water genasi).

Very disappointed that Tasha's rules are now mandatory. I'd much rather they made Tasha's the default, and provided 'suggested' ASI's as a variant rule. The gradual homogenisation of playable species is depressing.

Wonder how this is going to work on DnD Beyond?

Remove ads

Remove ads