List of Named Spells

the Jester

Legend
I was kind of on the fence with that. I still am. But mostly because I'm not that familiar with them. But sure, why not?

In that case, add:

Clutch of Orcus
Graz'zt's long grasp
Rotting curse of Urfestra*
Serpents of Theggeron*
Tongue of Baalzebul
Touch of Juiblex

*I'm not sure who or what Urfestra or Theggeron are; they may be places rather than people.

Did you want the 4e ones too?

Ahzad

Explorer
this thread has given me an idea of a campaign world where the only spells available are the named spells, it'll probably never get out of the idea vault but it seems like a neat thing to me.

Thanael

Explorer
this thread has given me an idea of a campaign world where the only spells available are the named spells, it'll probably never get out of the idea vault but it seems like a neat thing to me.

True Vancian casting, huh? It sure adds lots of flavour and i thinkg it's very fitting for D&D. Sepulchrave's Story Hour for example had great Vancian Wizards developing personal spells hoarding their spells and trading them relucatntly. I suppose you could say all arcane D&D spells were once named spells, but most of the older have spread so far that the names have been lost.

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I suppose you could say all arcane D&D spells were once named spells, but most of the older have spread so far that the names have been lost.
Dibs.

jonesy's Magic Missile
jonesy's Suggestion
jonesy's Time Stop

:)

Eight, sir; seven, sir;
Six, sir; five, sir;
Four, sir; three, sir;
Two, sir; one!
Tenser, said the Tensor.
Tenser, said the Tensor.
Tension, apprehension,
And dissension have begun.

Last edited:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
NOT a spell named after its creator, but a spell named after what happens to Drawmij should it be cast.

And sadly, these two never had descriptions. As far as I know. The second one might actually have been be useful. :p

If you don't find the first one useful then you don't play the type of roleplaying sessions that I do. :p

Remove ads