D&D (2024) Little changes for 5.5

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think people’s hopes for the anniversary core books are way too high. I don’t expect much will be changing beyond changing races/ancestries to fit the new model and incorporating optional rules from later supplements directly into the core rules.

Yup. They might make the Ranger be closer to the UA one than the PHB one (and in particular give the Beastmaster a choice of three companion stat-blocks). That sort of thing. Not much else.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
With the announcement of 5.5, what are some of the minor changes you would like to see?
Rulings, not rules. So...
6) Clean up the rules for stealth and hiding.
This. And get rid of Opportunity Attacks. And Reactions.

Ooh, ooh! And a fully-built level 1 character for each class. So I don't have to spend 2 hours making my next character... on that note, get rid of Death Saves too. Lameness.

HammerMan

Legend
My ninth printing PHB has updates, additions, and corrections compared to my first printing copy. Would that be 5.9e, then?
no, but changing the entire concept of race would most likely be a big deal...

again the 4e system never got a 1/2 edition by your way because the essentials books were all additive instead of replacing.

GreyLord

Legend
Remove language about feats being optional.
Not everyone likes to play with feats.

Feats being optional I think works better for the majority.

I feel that there are those who are highly invested in the hobby that are loud and make it seem as if everyone uses them, but I tend to think that there are MANY who do not.

I think the game loses more if they make them mandatory rather than keeping them optional...

Personal feelings on the matter (and as one who does not use feats generally, or restricts them to certain classes).

Remove ads