[Living Pathfinder]Frog Hunt

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli the Mad AC 16 (T16, FF14), HP 11/11, F +1,R+2,W+0, CMB +1, CMD 13

"I wish I had a bigger bag," Kanli calls out. "This is the best frog yet!"

Kanli snarls and leaps forward to bring his axe down on the frog.

[sblock=ooc]
1d20+1=14, 1d12+1=7

Wait, I'm flanking with Ta, right? I hit AC 16 in that case.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Finally, the group begins to move like a well-trained battle squad. Everyone converges on the frog and cuts it down. Blood seeps from the frog corpse and the Boggard floats nearby with bulging eyes staring up into the starry night sky. For a moment, in the quiet of the aftermath of the battle, it seems too quiet but then the chirps and croaks and calls of small creatures begin to resume.

[sblock=OOC]Yowza! When the dice fall right for you all you are vicious. From 2 to 29 damage to that poor frog in one round and that was only 2/3 of the group's actions. And no injuries. Maybe I should review my tactics, lol.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan raises his hands as if to cast more magics, but his companions seem to have rather handily dispatched the frog by that point. He wrinkles his nose at the sight of the bodies.

"Not exactly the field trip I expected, but can't argue with the results, I suppose," the man says, though for a moment he continues to hold his ground. When it seems clear nothing else is imminently planning on leaping from the bog, he tromps over to the boggard's body.

"We can at least sell that morningstar to pay for all the trouble these two caused, yes?" he says, searching the body for any valuables.

((OOC: don't know that we really want the morningstar to sell, but seemed a decent excuse to get Nathan over to check the body for loot))

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Ta relaxes his shoulders a bit and leaves his fighting stance. "I hope he was the only one. They are tough creatures. Hadn't the time to ready my staff."

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"Me too" says Elros, walking over to the boggard corpse, he looks around for more potential threats, satisfied that there are none he stands off to the side and watches the group argue over the belongings of the dead creature.

[sblock=ooc]
perception check for threats or anything of potential value in that order.

1d20+2=9[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The frog does indeed have the largest set of frog legs you've seen all day.

Nathan pries the morningstar from the Boggard's now rubbery hand. Despite its current poor condition the weapon looks like it was once an excellent quality weapon and could be a very good weapon again with just a little bit of repair.

The most immediately noticeable thing about the Boggard is his studded leather armor. Surprisingly well-crafted the leather is smooth and supple with copper studs intricately detailed to resemble the segments of a tortoise shell and aged to a greenish patina.

The Boggard also has a pair of pouches on his belt. One is old and seems to be saturated with some sort of oil. It is stuffed with clumps of greasy, half-rotted grass. Nestled in the grass is a crudely formed clay vial.

The second pouch is heavy and bulges with coins and small objects.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Kanli returns his axe and heaves the frog's body.

"These legs are asking for the Golden Mushroom! We shall feast well tonight!"

Nathan grimaces. "If you want to get elbow-deep in slaughtering the giant froggie, be my guest," he says, then shrugs. "Of course, I'm looting a corpse, so I suppose I shouldn't throw stones, eh?"

The Boggard also has a pair of pouches on his belt. One is old and seems to be saturated with some sort of oil. It is stuffed with clumps of greasy, half-rotted grass. Nestled in the grass is a crudely formed clay vial.

The second pouch is heavy and bulges with coins and small objects.

"Some of it doesn't smell so good, but looks like the boggard had a few trinkets that might be worth the effort. Wonder if..." his voice trails off as he mutters something under his breath and twists his fingers in an odd configuration. The man's eyes glaze over for a moment, and he examines the finds as if in a new light.

[sblock=OOC] Casting Detect Magic to check out the loot.

HP: 7
AC: 17 (Mage armor active)
Spells used (1st level) 2/4

Cantrips(at will): Detect Magic, Message, Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation
1st level(4/day, DC 15): Mage Armor, Magic Missle[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow, HP: 9/9, AC: 19/12T/16FF, Saves: 3F/2R/6W, LL Vision
Boon, HP: 16+1/16, AC 17/13T/14FF, Saves: 4F/6R/2W, LL Vision, Scent

Willow Slogs out of the mud as she re-sheaths her blade and removes her cloak, laying it on the harder ground of the path after coating the large square of sturdy cloth in mud. She gives a soft whistle a couple nods to Boon who doesn't release the giant frog from his gripping jaws, but drags it through the muddy bank over onto the cloak. "Now can drag to boat." She scratches the big cat between the ears and nods over at the floating, lighted club.

[sblock=Willow's Actions]Standard: Handle Animal "Fetch" (1d20+9=21)
Move:
Free:[/sblock]

Boon gets a bit of a running start and jumps the muddy bank, landing in the deep pool with loud splash. He swims over and grabs the weapon, returning it to its master. Almost all his black stripes have washed away, leaving him just a young white lion who's mane has yet to grow in! [sblock=Boon's Actions]Standard: Jump (1d20+4=10) [/sblock]
[sblock=Spell List]Orisons: Create Water, Light, Virtue
1st lvl: Cure Light Wounds, Speak with Animals[/sblock]

OOC - We can drag the giant frog body on the mud greased cloak to keep it from getting too torn up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath AC 15 (T15, FF12), HP 13/13, F +3,R+4,W+4, CMB +4, CMD 16

"Found anything interesting? We should move the body out of the water. And get out there. If more of these creatures hide here, it will be their favored ground."
Ta asks and suggests Nathan. Then he moves to help to transport either the giant frog or the Boggard.

[sblock=ooc]
Ta-Am-Ath
Ta-Am-Ath

[/sblock]

Remove ads