[Living Pathfinder]Frog Hunt

GlassEye

Adventurer
The contents of the clay vial is the only thing that registers a magical aura until Nathan turns and catches the sight of a second aura over next to where he earlier tripped over the buried arm. Both auras are faint.

A quick bit of field dressing and the giant frog legs are ready for transport.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry it's short. I'm traveling but I'll be back to normal posting Monday.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

The contents of the clay vial is the only thing that registers a magical aura until Nathan turns and catches the sight of a second aura over next to where he earlier tripped over the buried arm. Both auras are faint.

"Looks like this might be a potion of some sort," he says of the vial, then he catches sight of the second aura. "Hold on one second..." he trails off as he crosses to the buried arm. Using the faint aura as a guide, he tries to uncover the source.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The item radiating the second aura is only partially covered by muck and dirt. Nathan manages without too much difficulty to extricate a sealed scrollcase from the moldering corpse. In addition, he finds a signet ring of heavy gold and clearly worth a decent sum despite being non-magical. The crest upon the ring seems somewhat familiar... Perhaps you've seen it on a building somewhere about Venza. Anything else on the corpse has rotted or rusted beyond the group's ability to salvage, even with magics.

Collecting everything that may be of value, you all head back to the waiting boat without further incident. As they approach Mossimo bursts out into loud laughter and his two brothers muffle snickers behind calloused fingers. "Z'toe will never expect such a frog!" The three halflings help stow all the cargo and load passengers and finally push off for the safety of the city.

OOC: we can play out the rest of the final scene in the Dunn Wright Inn. Discussion regarding identifying and disposing of treasures should take place here so we don't clutter up that thread.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"May I see the scrollcase?" Elros says, "I would like to know what it is."

OOC: I will use survivial to identify the map based on the knowledge Elros has of the area to identify it, I will wait until the idea is confirmed before I roll.

GlassEye

Adventurer
When Elros pulls the rolled paper from the scrollcase he discovers that it is not a map but a sheet covered in magical writings. Apparently the case wasn't entirely watertight as the edges of the paper are damp. Some of the writing is blurred but it is still easily legible.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"If I have enough time, I should be able to sort out the magics for the potion and the scroll," Nathan offers. "I'm no expert, mind, but give me a quiet corner of the Inn with nothing leaping out and croaking at me, and I should be able to do it..."

((OOC: Spellcraft allows for identify checks while using Detect Magic. Nathan has a +5 in Spellcraft, so he can't automatically identify it, but since given enough days he'd eventually be able to, would it be possible to handwave the multiple rolls?))

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Spellcraft allows for identify checks while using Detect Magic. Nathan has a +5 in Spellcraft, so he can't automatically identify it, but since given enough days he'd eventually be able to, would it be possible to handwave the multiple rolls?

Sure. I'll post a list of all the stuff you looted and experience gained when I get home from work tonight.

GlassEye

Adventurer
As the five adventurers ride back to the Dunn Wright Inn they have plenty of time to look over the items that they scavenged from the corpse and took from the Boggard.
  • MW studded leather (200 gpv) - Surprisingly well-crafted the leather is smooth and supple even after having been submerged in the murky water of the marsh. The studs haven't fared as well as is obvious by the greenish patina of the copper studs. They are as finely crafted as the rest of the armor, however, and resemble small tortoise shells.
  • MW morningstar (broken) (230 gpv) - Well-crafted but damaged. Has the broken condition.
  • Pouch of Eelgrass (two doses) (180 gpv) - Looks to be damp and rotting grass but is a drug favored by the poor of Venza. (As Oil of Taggit)
  • Potion of Longstrider (50 gpv) - A thick and viscous, earthy-smelling liquid in a crude clay vial.
  • Pouch with seven misshapen, freshwater pearls (10 gp ea.; 70 gp total) and one well-formed golden pearl (100 gp). Also three irregularly shaped, wooden cubes crudely carved in the shape of a frog with bits of shell inlaid in the bulbous eyes (50 gp ea to a collector; 150 gp total).
  • 55 silver pieces, 80 gold pieces.
Taken from the buried corpse:
  • Gold signet (110 gpv) - Bears the crest of House Gabbiano.
  • Scroll of Undetectable Alignment (25 gp) Damp scroll. Blurring of the ink make it difficult to read but it is still legible.

[sblock=OOC]I'll give out xp after the adventure has been wrapped up.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The selling of acquired goods isn't something that I had really planned on playing out. I would prefer you all take what you want & handwave the selling. You would be able to get the full gold piece value of anything that you decide to sell.

Remove ads