Living Star Wars Saga edition?

knightemplar

Explorer
Ships: I had this idea earlier based on the Living Eberron page. If we give the character 1 reward point for each month a character has been active in one of the games.

How about we use Lorba to run a loanshark service to loan characters money to buy ships or other expensive equipment. Depending on how much the ship costs say a YT-1300 light freighter (new 100,000/used 25,000) versus a Acton IV bulk transport(new 1,000,000/ used 500,000). For every 100,000 financed through Lorba requires so much paid back after every adventure.

The character must also provide 10% of the purchase price of the ship up front, so for a new YT-1300 that would be 10,000 credits, before the loan is approved. You can also only have one loan active at a time. The character must also keep a running balance on what he still owes Lorba on his character sheet, as well as when he paid him.

If the character is active in a game that runs, and the ship that was bought, is the active one in the game.How about that we let character use reward points to pay off 5,000 credits per reward point. So after 20 reward points earned, the new YT-1300 would be totally paid off. The Acton would take significantly longer. Characters can also use credits given to them at the end of the game to also pay down the loan with Lorba. If more than one person has a ship, only one of the ships is allowed to be active in the game, for the whole game, barring death of character or loss of the player in the game.

As long as the character owes Lorba, he could be called on to do special favors for Lorba by the GM of the current game. If the character completes the favor, Lorba will knock a little more off of the money owed to him at the discretion of the GM and Judges.

If the character has no interest in taking a loan from Lorba. The reward points can be cashed in for an experience point bonus. It would take a total of 10 reward points for a free level for the active character, with the stipulation being that they can not be active in any game when the reward points are cashed in.

The player can choose whether he wants to pay Lorba with reward points or cash at the end of the adventure and save his reward points for cashing in for the experience bonus.

GM's according to Living Eberron gain 2 reward points per month of actively running games. These are awarded at the end of the adventure by the Judge overseeing the game. The GM can use these on any of his characters to pay down a loan or get the experience bonus as the GM sees fit.

Last edited:

knightemplar

Explorer
I think that characters should at least have two characters that are usable. What happens if a game opens that they would like to play, but the only character they have is currently in the middle of another adventure.

On the point of death. How about the use of 1 reward point by the character also allows for a line when he shows up later like 'The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated', or instead of kills the character, just knocks him unconcious and stabilizes the character so his friends can drag him out.

The Bacta Tank idea can also work as kind of a raise dead spell also. Looking at the main core book under death. The official stance is paraphrased death happens, bid the character a fond farewell.

Also if a character dies, how about allowing the player to bring back a new character at one level lower with the appropriate money for that level.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Ship Loans: not all PCs will have ships. In fact, if they all have ships, they won't all be on the same ship. As a result, you'd have items the players are "paying off" sitting in some spaceport gathering mynoks [sblock=that last line]because if you're talking star wars, talk "STAR" "WARS"[/SBLOCK]
I like Lorba a lot, btw, even if you haven't met her yet.

XP will be earned in the course of adventuring, so that's out. Ditto treasure. for Players, that is. GMs are the ones who need the reward. Is that what you meant?

I think GM rewards sound great. Get them XP or Credits towards items they want, sure. I don't know that it matters when a character is ready to go up a level, so long as the GM is alright with them doing so and they're approved by a Judge. If I'm a GM and playing my PC in a different game, and my game ends and i get GM rewards, I've been waiting a long time to use them and working throughout that period. The GM I'm playing under likely wouldn't mind it if they had the freedom to do the same, and understood that this was how it worked.
that said, rewards like credits for Nobles and new equipment should wait for a rest between encounters, or even an extended rest; same for more HP, so long as the character isn't in combat right that second.

Insight

Adventurer
I wonder how WOTC's announcement that they are dropping the Star Wars license will affect people's interest in a Living version of Saga.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Here's a first draft on En:
En: Refugees from Alderan fled the Empire’s destruction of their planet to land, virtually penniless, on the surface of En. The planet was near enough that such a large host of refugees could flee to it, and had a suitable atmosphere and good enough land that settlement was realistic; settlements could be made, though wilderness creatures existed that made it necessary to fortify settlements securely rather than expanding freely across the planet. The Rebellion sent what supplies they could, as did off-world corporations with ties to the people of Alderaan, including scions of House Organa with access to resources. Their success was great enough that refugees from other Empire-devastated planets found their own way there. A bustling spaceport sprang up, which soon became a local hub due to the Haon system’s proximity to the Hydian Way hyperspace run. House Organa and the Alliance both set up a presence on the world, but by the time this was solidified, other notable interests had also infiltrated the society and the planet. This includes quite a few Hutts (squabbling for status in the vacuum left by Jabba the Hutt), several groups of bounty hunters in the Bounty Hunters’ guild, smugglers’ operations, droid- and ship-building guilds, as well as corporations and other business interests. It is enough that EN has been labelled a small Coruscant for its ability to draw in groups from so many diverse backgrounds.
Wildlife: numerous creatures, including “tralls”, vicious, unintelligent humanoids that eat the flesh of those willing to leave the confines of the walled communities. Also of note are large, burrowing predators and flesh-eating plants.

It's not official, and I was just thinking of making it a commentary on forums in general (ie: Tralls = trolls), though I don't know if we want to bother with that.
We could make the world's environment dependent on the state of Living SW: if we have lots of posting going on, the world is lush. If posting dies down, the planet dies, or wilts, and becomes a desert world.

Remove ads