Loki! (spoiler thread)

So what's next on DIsney+? So far they've had a live action thing on every week since the Mandalorian s2. Is there anything lined up immediately after Loki?

Other than the animated stuff @pukunui listed, no live-action Star Wars until The Book of Boba Fett debuts around Christmas, if it is still on schedule for that teased date. As for the MCU, we are supposed to get Hawkeye, and then Ms Marvel, some time this year, but no start dates for either yet.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
At least in the version we saw, who knows how many variants were pruned from the avengers roster for alternate decisions made. I can agree that probably not every little decision is monitored that closely, but some of the key ones.... decision to time travel, nat's sacrifice, Tony's decision to snap, all the big plays are likely coming from the master play book, and no one had any real say about those.
Of course they had a say about them. No one did anything they wouldn't do from their own free will.

If I ask you to kill a child and you will never do that, I can't prune all timelines except the one where you did - because it doesn't exist.

Say Peter Parker turning down being on the Avengers at the end of Spiderman: Homecoming was something pruned for. That's something he would have done, and they could have prunes away branches where he accepted. But they couldn't have pruned towards a branch where he assassinated Tony at that point - because that's not something Peter would ever have done.

It's free will, they are just picking among the options given to them.

Blue

I don't even know who Kang is.....did they even say "Kang" yesterday? (note, they may have, the sound was down low at home, and my remote doesn't work for the stereo, and I was too lazy to turn it up or admit to my wife I couldn't hear it all.....)
On a tangent, I leave CC on for all shows now, even those in my native tongue (English). I didn't realize how much I was not hearing and filling in until I did that.

Blue

Not necessarily.
A variant comes in, comes before a judge. The judge, following orders or procedure says either, "Prune them" or "Go through that door". Pruned ones go to the end of the universe. As for the others...

Kang super-science occurs to the variant as they pass through the door - old memories get wiped.

Mindwiped new agent walks out a door in some other part of the TVA . Agents there are told that new agents who need training come out that door. They get processed and trained.
This explains why they do all of that testing beforehand. And I guess androids can't be reprogrammed like mortals which is why that doorway will melt them from the inside out - to make sure none get past into the working that could give away the secret.

Blue

But, we can even keep that clean, in which recruits are gathered all the time at the TVA, but they are inserted as new agents at the beginning of the TVA. We do not know, and should not assume, that logical paradox means anything for the TVA. The TVA can start with its full complement, but they are recruited later.

Time travel can give you such a headache.
But then the TVA agents would recognize the variants they are bringing in, just like the one TVA agent recognized Principal Renslayer.

Interesting quote here.

According to Kid Loki actor Jack Veal, his character is the oldest Loki variant in the Void...

"Many people don't know this, but Kid Loki is the oldest one in The Void. He was pruned thousands of years before and just didn't age because of The Void being the end of time as said by Judge Renslayer. It is also the sheer fact that he killed Thor. As I said, no other Loki would dare try or even do that successfully. That not only makes him the Oldest but the most intimidating as well."

MarkB

Legend
But then the TVA agents would recognize the variants they are bringing in, just like the one TVA agent recognized Principal Renslayer.
Either they get placed in a different department than the team that brought them in, or the team gets their memories edited.

222674359_1142163016278591_7085215704337602482_n.jpg

Remove ads