[LPF] A Bad Light

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna steps forward, remembering Borric's songs in the street and feeling apprehensive about letting him do any of the talking.

She curtsies and addresses the Captain,

"Pardon our interruption Sir. My name is Anna Belacqua and my companions here are Misters Fury, Hawkins, and Marana. We are here on account of the lighthouse business. it has come to our attention that you may be in need of certain services, and we would like to offer our assistance in the matter."

She crosses her hands in front of her, awaiting his reply...

sunshadow21

Explorer
The colonel frowns, gives the captain an evil look, "Wait outside. I will deal with you shortly," and once the flustered captain has left, takes a minute to compose himself before addressing you again. "You can tell the admiral that the good captain here and his men will be on his way double timing it to his ^$(&#$(* lighthouse within the hour. He simply needed a reminder of how to properly follow orders."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"You're the fools he sent to harass me. You would know that better than me." The colonel is clearly getting very annoyed with the entire conversation.

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna's voice is firm, and she takes a very no-nonsense posture as she speaks...

"Listen. It's obvious you are upset about this entire fiasco, but we are here to help you. So let's try to be civil and cooperate. If you want us out of your hair we will take our leave presently, but I do hate to leave a business arrangement on such a poor note."

OOC: taking 10 on a diplomacy check for a total of 21

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Very well. How much did the admiral tell you about the situation?"

OOC: Just a note, Anna, because you missed the first part of the conversation. The others heard about it from another militia captain wanting to actually enjoy his leave, not any admiral, who the colonel thinks you heard it from.

toasterferret

Explorer
"Truth be told Colonel, the Admiral was not the one who sent us. We heard about the situation from a member of the guard. That's why we are here, to see what we can do to help. So why don't you explain the situation in full to us, I'm sure if we can get a better idea of the situation we can come up with a solution that will redeem you in the admiral's eyes. Everybody wins."

sunshadow21

Explorer
The colonel looks you all over quietly, visibly relaxing as he does so. "My apologies for the harshness. I had temporarily forgotten that Captain Pelonus knew about the situation and was likely to be going somewhere that would have adventurers looking for work. The situation is very simple. Some goblins, and who ever managed to corral them this time, took over one of the lighthouses to the south, again. Why the navy doesn't post guards in such lighthouses is beyond me, but they don't and we are expected to bail them out when the poor sods they make man them inevitably get overrun by the not so nice local population. But I digress. This time it appears that they are organized enough to setup a false light some distance away to lure ships into the deadly reefs by the lighthouse proper that the light is supposed to keep them away from. If you wish to help, I can find some way to put together a reward, probably at least in part from Captain Rossi's pay. If you really want to be helpful, if you could get the names of the ships that have crashed thus far, I might be able to put one over on that blasted admiral for once. You do that, and I think I can find some extra coin beyond the official pay. Just don't tell anyone about it." The bit about the captain's pay was slightly under his breath, but it didn't look like he went too far out of his way to hide it.

toasterferret

Explorer
"I see. Well I'm sure we will be able to solve the problem for you. We will also try to find the names of the crashed ships if it is feasible to do so."

She turns to the rest of the group

"Do any of you have anything to add or any questions?"

Gerald007

First Post
"Beat up on some goblins and find out the victimized ships. I think we can handle that, Colonel."

OOC: Back to regular posting on Saturday.

Remove ads