[LPF] A Bad Light

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric chimes in, "I can smash goblins. Those little fookers heads make nice popping sounds when their skulls crack open."

"If you ask me, that turd captain deserves to pay for our services if he is worthless, but he's your problem, Colonel. Unless you need us to kick his arse around too."

"Perhaps the lass here thinks we need a better deal, eh? So far I have yet to hear an actual amount of gold."

He looks to Anna to see if she has any business acumen at negotiating.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna chimes in,

"Right, lets talk hard figures. Dealing with the goblins is the job, extras such as helping you put one over on the Admiral will cost extra. What are you prepared to offer us?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

"And, of course, we'll need to know where to go. But I suppose the good Captain can lead us there if he's returning."

sunshadow21

Explorer
The colonel laughs as the party speaks, "I like you guys; too bad I can't transfer some of that sense into by my laggard captain standing outside my office. Directions are simple enough; my secretary can get you those,as well as the full report of what our last patrol was able to discover. The road there shoudn't be a problem for folks as well armed as yourselves. As to pay, I have to run that by the quartermaster before I can quote you anything, but it will be well worth your while, and any loot that still remains from the beached ships would be yours by right of salvage as long as you don't make too much of a fuss about where you got it."

toasterferret

Explorer
"Alright, it sounds as if we have ourselves an accord. Unless anyone objects?"

She looks to the rest of the group.

"If not then we should be on our way..."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"When you leave, if you could send the captain in, I would appreciate it. Now that he has had time to consider my earlier thoughts, I have some tasks for him to reinforce the words." You get the impression that you really don't want to be the captain right now.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human rogue/bard

Fury nods and exits the room. Outside the office he looks grimly at the captain. "The Colonel would like to resume your dressing down." He pauses a moment. "Good luck." Fury turns to the Colonel's secretary. "We are now in the employ of the Colonel; you can verify that when he is, ah... not busy. If you would please give us the information concerning the beleaguered lighthouse, directions, etc.? Thank you."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

"And, of course, we'll need to know where to go. But I suppose the good Captain can lead us there if he's returning."
Borric comments wryly, loud enough for all to hear, "Not bloody likely, from what I gather."

Back outside the office, Borric sizes up the Captain and scoffs, "Luck? The numb nuts is likely to lose a chunk or two out of his arse."

He listens to the directions carefully. Though he is not a local, Borric does have a good memory for these things and he intends to be up front in case there is trouble along the way. He stows the shield in favor of carrying his composite longbow when they leave the city.

OOC: Marching order? Fury & Borric, followed by Syl and Anna. Good enough?
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (21 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow [/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
OOC: Fine marching order as far as I am concerned.

"Guess there is no time like the present then gents, and lady...let's go save us a lighthouse."

toasterferret

Explorer
As the group departs, a realization dawns on Anna. She quickly addresses the rest of the group.

"We appear to be a bit short on healing magic don't you think? If there is going to be combat involved in may behoove us to shore up that particular shortcoming."

Thinking for a moment she continues,

"I believe that I know enough to be able to use a wand, perhaps not in the heat of combat but during downtime should we find any. Would any object to us stopping by the Mystic Pearl and purchasing one?"

[sblock=OOC] Anna have enough UMD to be able to operate a wand of CLW about 55% of the time [/sblock]

Remove ads