[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos pulls at his ears in either dismay or frustration or indecision. He looks around at the mostly empty room and sighs deeply. "No acolytes. And, truth be told, I'm the only worshiper. Even my services as sage are rarely needed here as the knowledge contained in my library is mostly historical or esoteric in nature and the common man desires little of either...

If you don't have the magic to hand, and neither do I as an academic and lay priest, then traveling with you seems to be the best, perhaps only, option. I suppose I could board up the library, take those books with me that touch on the topic of gates."
He gazes at Sylvain. "The problem, sir, is that this seems to be one of the famed gates of E'n but some of what you tell me and your theories, madam, imply that it is something more. Without close examination and study I couldn't even begin to formulate a thesis."

His eyes glaze over and he is obviously considering the prestige he might gain in whatever academic circles he corresponds in. Suddenly he snaps out of it. "I'll need Forzer's Atlas of Known Gates, the Coppergreen Chord..." The strange tiefling rushes off to collect books and bits of strange gear he has laying about all the while supplying a running commentary on his research needs. Apparently he has been convinced to join your expedition.

Gerald007

First Post
"Great news, Aquos. The more the merrier, I always say. You can have all the credit for the circle, as far as I'm concerned. I care only about the more practical aspects, and the gold it might lead me to."

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric glances at Syl with a look of wry amusement as he was not far off the mark thinking the old sage was a looney religious nut. At least he keeps his opinions to himself and doesn't ridicule the tiefling to his face.

Feigning a cough to keep from laughing scornfully, he finally says, "Right. Sounds like a plan."

"We at least going to rest up and have a little fun tonight before we head out for several days of no wine and whores?"

Borric is not quite sure if they should let Aquos delay his preparations though, preferring the sage keep packing and they take him with when they return to the tavern for the aforementioned evening entertainment.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Very well Aquos, pack for a long journey, but do not take anything that you are not willing to carry." the gnome adds.

Zelena looks up ato Borric with a smile, "You know those waterskins... some folk put their alcoholic beverages in them too." She giggles to herself.

She then comments, "I suppose I can add some more rations to my supplies for the trip."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos scratches his head absent-mindedly and nods with no small amount of distraction in response to Zelena's directions on packing. "Oh, yes, it shall be quite the struggle paring down to essential sources but do not worry; I will manage it if it takes me all night!" He beams, quite proud of his determination now that he has decided to travel with Borric, Sylvain, and Zelena. "I've heard all great adventures begin at dawn. Will we be leaving at dawn tomorrow? Or maybe a more leisurely departure would be in order... ah, noon, perhaps?" Aquos looks a little worried and you all get the sense that he is afraid he won't be ready at the break of dawn.

[sblock=OOC]Ok, full disclosure: over the past few weeks I've come to the realization that my posting frequency is slowing, I'm putting much less effort into my posts, and I'm finding pbp in general to be less enjoyable than even six months ago, that is, I think I'm burning out. In order to give myself time to recharge I'm going to start cutting back on my games as I can and, hopefully, after a couple of months I'll be revved up and ready to fully jump back into it. What that means for this game is that it will be much shorter than I originally planned: I expect to wrap up in about a month after another encounter and giving you all a glimpse of what lies beyond the gate (not necessarily in that order). I hope that during the month or so that we're wrapping you'll be able to drum up another DM so you won't have much inactive time.

I'm sorry to do this to you all but I figure it's better to let you all know now rather than dropping it on you all even more abruptly in a month.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods, "Tomorrow morning is good enough, but no need to get going at dawn to hit the road. We can only travel eight hours in a day and getting an early start doesn't buy us that much time. Might as well have a decent breakfast while we are at it and then leave after that."

"Of course, some of us might be up a little late, too."
He glances at Syl, knowingly.

While he likes his wine and ale, he does so when he is not worried about being ambushed by walking dead, monstrous animals or whatever when outside of the towns and cities.

He gives Zelena a smirk, "Sure, we can take some extra skins for wine as well. But unless you are volunteering to chaperone the whores on the trip, I don't think we are taking them with us, lass."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 77 Current: 83
CMB: +13 CMD: 26 (28 vs. Disarm/ 30 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +6 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Fear) Current CMB +13, CMD 26
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock][Sblock=OOC]Well, this is starting to look trendy. :uhoh:

It could very well be possible that Borric, Tyrien, and Cythera could all become sidelined. That will not be a good thing for LPF. :erm:[/Sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Yes Aqous, we start when we are ready and can get Borric out of his bed... So do not fret, and please, get some comfortable rest while you can. The road offers little in the way of comfort, and there are a good many days before us." Zelena says reassuring the man that he will have the time.

"I only mentioned the wine..." Zelena says up to Borric with smile.

[sblock=OOC]GE: No worries. I know how that can feel. Take some time and get those batteries recharged and the like.

I do not think we, PM, Gerald, and I will be looking for anyone to replace you. We enjoy having you as our GM and I think I can say that the three of us are willing to wait, rather than look for another.

If you really need to, take the time now. We are at a good stopping point and such. I will leave that up to you though.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Early afternoon is fine with me, Aquos. This will be the last time I get to sleep anywhere near comfort for a long time. I wouldn't mind enjoying it a bit longer, to be truthful. Also, I think Zelena has it...let's pack up a bit of wine for our trip. That might make camping around the fire a bit more enjoyable!"

"Can you two think of anything else we might need for the trip? I think we were fairly well prepared last time, but if you can think of something we were lacking, we might as well pick it up now."

OOC [sblock]I certainly understand burnout, Glasseye. Take your time. I agree with Zelena that we'd be happy to give you some time to recharge, if you want to try that out. If not, I understand that too. I'll be here if you feel liike continuing later. [/sblock]

Human Witch 8
Conditions:

• (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Borric, Zelena, and Sylvain leave Aquos rushing about his so-called temple/library pulling books off the shelf and replacing them, muttering to himself about incomprehensible (and seemingly irrelevant) topics, and, occasionally, finding something that might be of actual use on the road. The three adventurers take off to enjoy their evening partaking of the delights of civilization before their foray out into the wilds.

Even with a long night of carousing and a late lunch Borric, Sylvain, and Zelena find themselves back at Aquos' home packed and ready to travel only to find Aquos stuffing a last bit of something wrapped in a bit of oilcloth into a pack stuffed overfull and bulging with who knows what. "As promised, ready to go. I think." He smiles tiredly. Hefting the pack to his shoulders Aquos staggers under its weight. It is clear that it is about four times heavier than it should be for comfortable travel.

Suddenly Aquos drops his pack which hits the floor with a thud that echoes through the chamber. There may have been the crunch of glass when he dropped it but Aquos is darting off into the depths of his library and doesn't notice. Soon he is back carrying a piece of blackened steel about a foot long on each side. "It occurs to me that I was negligent in expressing my thanks for the effort you expended on my behalf in returning me to my normal body and trying to rescue the Bradan Feasa. For that you have my apologies, and... this." He thrusts the square of steel forward and upon its surface gleams an etching in an old style of a knight upon a horse crossing a stone bridge.

"This," continues Aquos, "is more than just a piece of artwork. It has a function that may be of more use to you than I have ever found for myself. It is a Bridge of No Small Moment and upon speaking a word of magical power will grow into a bridge such as is needed to cross whatever obstacle you may find blocking your path. Another returns it to this shape. Take it, use it or sell it as you wish, with my thanks." He looks down almost shyly and notices a seeping wetness leaking from his pack. "Oh. Oh!"

[sblock=OOC]I appreciate the understanding of my need to take a break. I don't think we're at the best place to stop right now, though. I'd rather continue on for the month or so that I had planned and then pick up after I've had a break and managed to finish off some other games.

Also, Borric leveled up to 9th level on May 9 with 50012 xp.

Aquos is paying you all with an Instant Bridge (7,000 gp value). Feel free to keep or sell as you see fit.[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"ooooo, that's neat, Aquos. Where did you find that? I'm sure we can find some sort of use for it, don't you worry."

He turns to the two other members of the party. "Anything else before we head back out? You don't have an item that can summon a nice cushy bed upon command, do you, Aquos? That would be even better than the bridge, 99% of the time."

Human Witch 8
Conditions:

Hexes DC 20

[/sblock]

Remove ads