[LPF] Borric, Nathan, Sylvain, & Zelena

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods appreciatively and asks, "That could save our arses from a tight spot. Heh, and I don't mean cornered in the brothel without the funds to pay the madam."

"Considering where we are going, there could be some chasm we need to get across. Is it reusable, Aquos? "

He sees the dripping from the sage's pack and glances at the spell casters, wondering if they are going to fix the mess with some simple magic.

"I think our guest on this trek might need some help in packing or just taking care of his gear."

"Any idea what broke, Aquos?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +9
AC: 28 (25 w/out shield, 26 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 94 Current: 94
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos shrugs distracted from Sylvain's question by the oozing liquid in his pack. "Payment from some bit of research I did, tracing ancestry of some king or the other in the Baronies to validate his rule... And it is quite reusable. As many times as you care to say the words of activation." He kneels down next to his bag inadvertently putting his knee in the liquid as he begins pulling items out of his bag. He sniffs deeply. "Wine," he says mournfully to Borric. "The good Malukian Estates if my nose is correct."

It is a good hour before Aquos manages to dig out his pack remove the broken bottle, clean up the mess, and repack a much lighter pack with subtle and not so subtle encouragement to cut down on the unnecessarily large supply of books. Finally, load lightened the group is able to head off towards the Sul Gulden mountains and Khuldun.

Traveling with Aquos is a trial. The tiefling seems to know little or nothing about the practical aspects of travel in the wilderness and yet he still manages to pontificate on subjects that hold little interest for any of the travelers except himself. The crones' mountain looms on the horizon and it is a relief when the group finally arrives at the mountain's base and the prospect of the ascent shuts Aquos up.

Songdragon

Explorer
"Well... this is where things get, interesting." Zelena comments. "Not sure if our previous hosts will show or not, but let's not wait to see if they do." She gives Waltor a 'sorry' look.

She looks at the others, "Both Syl and I have some limited flying abilities and choose an spell that allows someone to walk on air for just over an hour. Would make going up this easier. We could also use the Griffon to ferry us up too."

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric (Annaya) 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +18
Conditions: Blessing of Fervor(7 rounds remaining), spiritual weapon 8 rounds)
AC: 23 (13 touch; 21 flat-footed)
HP: 62 of 66 (6 nonlethal damage)
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +8
In Hand: Mithral Morningstar +1 +7 (1d6+1) and Shield
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Stabilize
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
  • (3rd level - DC 16) Dispel Magic, Prayer, Invisibility Purge, Fly (d)
  • (4th level - DC 17) Blessing of Fervor, Air Walk, Holy Smite (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods as he looks upwards, "That will work. Sure beats climbing the regular way for fook's sake. Eh, Aqous?" he claps the sage on the shoulder with a heavy, gauntleted hand.

He might be curious to see the crones, particularly the attractive one, but they are not in need of anything from them.

"Aye, lass. Perhaps the old bats would only get in our way this time. Idle curiosity or to strong-arm us for a payment. Nuts to that! Up, up, up and away, I say."

Initiative:
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (29 vs. Disarm/ 31 vs. Trip) Fort: +10 Reflex: +7 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6)

Gerald007

First Post
"Waltor will be fine, Zelena. Those ladies appeared to be nothing but trouble. Last thing he wants is to be squished by some hag."

He turns to Zelena and nods. "I agree. Lets use our limited flying skills to get as far up the mountain as we can go. It might be a better idea to let Aquos have the full spell, and we divvy up my ability, as he might not be as used to this sort of thing as we have become." That was the gentlest way he could think to offer his opinions on Aquos's probable limitations.

Sylvain statblock [sblock]

Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
Human Witch 8
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 66 of 66
CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane

• (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice

Hexes DC 20

• Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena nods, "Sounds like a plan, but I think I will cast fly on Celebfedhiin and ride her up as far as I can. After that, we will just have to take turns ridding on the Griffon. I'll make sure Aqous is tied off Borric for the ride up. Would not want someone to fall..."

The gnome gets out a length of rope from her haversack and ties it off to Aqous. "Do not worry. This will be, fun." She flashes a wry smile. "Lets just make sure everything you brought is all secure so it is not during the flight." The gnome will grab anything that might look like it will fly out or the like into her small pack, which oddly enough seems to hold a lot more than one would suspect.

"So... we all good then?" When the group is ready Zelena will ask Syl to get the Griffon out and tie off the other end of her rope to Borric Marking sure that he and Aqous is secured to the man on the Griffon.

Zelena then uses her magic to speak with animals to explains to her hound what is happening before she cast the flu spell. She also takes some rop and secures herself to the saddle, just in case. When everyone seems ready the gnome mounts the hound and casts her fly spell on her. "Let's do this this!" She will reassure Celebfedhiin as they start up into the mountain's side. Zelena is enjoying every second of the flight but soon settles and turns her attention to watching any that might trouble them on the flight up.

(( Perception 1d20+18=23 ))

• (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Bless, Comprehend Languages, Protection from Evil, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat (d)
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Bull's Strength, Pilfering Hand, spiritual Weapon, Sound burst, Align Weapon (good) (d)
Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Aquos stumbles a bit under Borric's slap on the back and smiles wanly. His eyes are glued on the mountain, however. "Never imagined it to be so... tall." For once the scholar is without an unending string of words. He nods to every instruction given for the ascent and is soon ready with Zelena's help. The ascent itself is much easier than the first time up the mountain, even with Aquos' lack of wilderness skills. The group's sundry flight skills more than make up for Aquos' ineptness.

Finally at the top of the mountain Aquos stays to the largest ledge back near the solidness of the mountain and away from the edge. He constantly mutters to himself and stepping close enough to hear allows one to make out that he is praising the wisdom of fishes in remaining far away from the tops of mountains (and questioning his own wisdom in embarking on this expedition). He is easily distracted from his discomfort just by directing him towards the massive doors leading into Khuldun. His eyes widen and he scrambles in his pack for a blank journal to make notes in. And he would remain there scribbling in his book if he weren't enticed inside with descriptions of wonders to come. Indeed, when the group finally gets him deeper into the fortress Aquos nearly swoons when he comes upon the large doors with the bronze panels in relief lying upon the floor.

"Do you know what significance is held within these doors?" Though clearly intended to be a rhetorical question there is every indication that Aquos will continue with a prolonged study of the doors unless prodded to move deeper into the fortress to the gate.

[sblock=OOC]Sylvain reached 9th level on May 25 with 50059 xp. Congrats! Level, submit, etc., etc. You know the drill. ;)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric has been patient with the Sage, after all they brought him along for scholarly skills. The tiefling's musing are part of the package apparently. Though, Borric sort of wishes he brought along an extra waterskin or three with wine in them. Sometimes the wee lass is far wiser than he gives her credit for. That or Borric is just more thick-headed than he realizes.

"Can't say that I do know the significance, Aquos. But something tells me you are going to explain at length." The fighter's tone is a bit wry, but he is also occupied with looking around warily just in case something has decided to inhabit the forgotten dwarven stronghold in the last few weeks.

Initiative:

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Booric and gives a shrug, "As much as I am sure that there much to be learned from the doors alone, I am sure you will appreciate what is within, more. We'll try to get a good representation of the doors for you before we use the Gate, but let us go inside for now."

As the group enters the dwarven complex once again the gnome takes a cautious look about to see if there have been any visitors since they were here last.

(( Diplomacy 1d20+16=36
Perception 1d20+18=27 ))

Channeling: 8 of 8 attempts remaining; Restorative Touch: 6 of 6 uses Elysium’s Call (Su): 6 of 6 uses remaining.

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Aquos, my good fellow, if you think these doors are impressive, wait until you see the gate," Syl nods, slapping the sage on the back. "Any fish you could think of would be jealous of you for seeing this thing."Still, he couldn't help but ask, "Now what is so significant about those doors, Aquous? The curiosity is killing me, now that you brought it up."DM[sblock]. I might be five to seven days until I get Syl leveled, as I have a road trip this weekend, and the boss is on vacation next week, so I'm slammed until next weekend, probably. Just an FYI.[/sblock]Sylvain statblock [sblock]Sylvain Marana (Gerald007) - Living Pathfinder RPG WikiHuman Witch 8Initiative: +6 Perception: +2Conditions:AC: 15 (13 touch; 13 flat-footed)HP: 66 of 66CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +6 Will: +8In Hand: Nothing Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 16) Daze (DC 17), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 17) Burning Hands (DC 17), Charm Person (DC 18), Enlarge Person, Enlarge Person, Ill Omen, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 18) Cure Mod. Wounds, Flaming Sphere (DC 18), Hold Person (DC 19), Vomit Swarm, Web;
  • (3rd level - DC 19) Dispel Magic, Fireball (DC 19)^, Heroism, Stinking Cloud (DC 19)
  • (4th level - DC 20) Confusion (DC 21), Summon Monster IV, Wall of Ice
Hexes DC 20
  • Cackle, Evil Eye, Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber--Some Flight used, Cackle on Borric
[/sblock]

Remove ads